Sign in to follow this  
krsna

The Best Posts From Theist

Rate this topic

SP is not dead or out of reach [re: Guest]

07/29/03 02:18 PM Edit Reply

In reply to:

--

"krsna consciousness teachs that is difficult but it is possible to find purity and perfection in some special people living in this world with us... why i read in a gaudya vaishnava sanga like this the continue attempt to minimize the concept of the living spiritual master? "

--

You are not reading an attempt to minimize that, although that may be the your mind is translating it as you read.

It shows in your use of the term "living" spiritual master.

So many people claim they "have" a "living" guru to get siksa from. Of course they only see this person's form when he travels into their area. They may hear a lecture and maybe even get some more direct darshan for a few minutes.

Siksa is meant to be constant as well as general. So how do these "living" gurus spread their siksa? Through lecture transcripts over the internet, books, and tapes etc.as well as through their more advanced disciples.

The receipients then turn around and preach to others the absolute need to have a "living" guru (meaning his earthly body) to take siksa from.

Such an embarrassing contradiction but they never seem to see it. Sometimes we even see them preaching to Srila Prabhupada's disciples that their guru (SP) is now no longer "living" and so their guru(who is "living") must now be accepted in his place.

Extremely offensive it appears to me.

...take the essence...SP letter to Krsnadasa 1972

uncontrolled mind [re: Guest]

07/30/03 12:32 PM Edit Reply

In reply to:

--

From your previous post I felt a very strong opposition to the association with sadhus, and some sort of frustration.

Otherwise you are very moderate, and careful to avoid harsh tones.

--

Yes my mind(under whose spell I present am)is strongly opposed to associating with sadhu's.

I do get very frustrated with people denying that sadhu lives in his commentaries, when Srila Prabhupada clearly says otherwise.

It is frustrating when you are reading one of Prabhupada's books and someone tells that that won't help you you need REAL sadhu-sanga, infering that Prabhupada is in some dead state. Actually that more than frustrates me it infuriates me.

I also get frustrated in conversations where I ask someone a straight forward question which they choose to ignore and instead respond with another copy and post.

...take the essence...SP letter to Krsnadasa 1972

Vana is enough [re: Guruvani]

07/22/03 12:30 AM Edit Reply

That is not a stated requirement for this forum per the propritor. Guests are welcome.

Welcome Vana. thanks for signing your post, it makes it easier to correspond.

A.E.Newman Theist

Diksa guru- none will claim me

Siksa guru- Supersoul through everyone and everything especially Prabhupada's books

History-perennial fringe,sometimes sahajiya since 1970 and it gets more embarassing every year

your posts brought tears to my eyes. I am missing his association very much and pray that all is well with him.

I have been thinking about you the past several days Theist. If you still have my email address please write to me.

Guest guest

theist had admitted to changing identities without telling

anyone on forums in the past,Krsna started posting a few

weeks after theist stopped,while this may be coincidence

their posts seem similar.

this is one of Krsnas post ,tell me if it seems like theist.

"Accepting /rejecting is mental platform of life and that

Love,(LUST)/Hate for sense enjoymentwill not bring any spiritual fruit.

When will I throw away the yoke of sense gratification?

Maya das is my present state.

A godas,a servant of the senses

and not a goswami, master of thesenses and a servant of Krishna

When will I realize that-I am an eternal servant of the servant of Lord Sri Krishna ???

Hare Krishna !"

Hey Hey,dear shivaji, /images/graemlins/cool.gif

no way ,man /images/graemlins/blush.gif

you ain't seein' things right /images/graemlins/confused.gif

hari hari /images/graemlins/smile.gif