IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

"Even a pigeon is vegetarian"

Rate this topic

Vegetarian Cooking or(Cooking for God)

The Holy Bible

King James version Genesis Chapter 1,verse(29)

And God said,Behold,I have given you every herb bearing seed,which is upon the face of all the earth,and every tree,in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed;to you it shall be for meat.

THE Bhagavad-Gita AS IT IS

Translated by His Divine Grace A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

Founder-Acarya of the Krsna Consciousness movement World Wide.

Verse(9.26)Krsna says"If someone offers Me with love and faith,a little flower,a little water,a little fruit-I will accept it."(Yo me bhaktya prayacchati)THE Real OFFERING IS LOVE.Krsna,the Supreme Person,is giving all the necessities of life to all living entities.HE is actually the provider and maintainer of everyone. So,why is He asking you for a little fruit and water?Is He hungry?NO.HE is doing it just to induce you to love Him.That is the Point

Vegetarianism is very important in being Krsna Conscious,but not simply being a vegetarian is important,but in The offering of the food to Lord Krsna,When you start,you think about Krsna,when you are shopping,you think,what does Krsna like to eat,so you are thinking about the Lord.Krsna only eats vegetarian food,so you are thinking,what beautiful,and fresh food you can get for Krsna.When you are cooking the food,you are thinking about making nice vegetarian preparations for God. When you are done cooking,you offer the Lord the food,by saying-Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare,Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare,and say Krsna,we offer this food to you,and within a microsecond,Krsna will eat the food,and He is so kind,that he eats,yet He leaves the nice vegetarian preparation asPrasadam,(THE LORD"S MERCY).Then,after that,we are able to eat the sanctified food,(Prasadam)and by just eating this Prasadam,we make spiritual progress,and anyone that eats this food,makes tremendous advancement in their spiritual life,even if they don't know it.And the person that prepared this food,is thinking about Krsna,when buying the food,and distributing and eating the prasadam,you are thinking about Krsna the whole time.I think that is being Krsna Conscious.

"Prabhupada said,"Even a pigeon is vegetarian".But the thing we do with the food is what makes the human form of life so important,not to be wasted,so make,and eat some prasad,and become Krsna Conscious by offering your food to Krsna.It is not that Krsna needs our food,He is Omnipotent,the Cause of All Causes,and the Supreme Lord, God.He is in need of nothing,yet He is so kind,that He accepts the Vegetarian food we prepare and offer.

Since our Spiritual Master is our Link to Krsna,it is Traditional to offer the food to the Spiritual Master,first,and HE offers it to Krsna.Anyway,when we offer to the Spiritual Master and Krsna,and eat prasadam,this is very nice,indeed.Krsna says,"If one offers to Me,with love and devotion,A FRUIT, A LEAF,A FLOWER,OR A LITTLE WATER,I WILL ACCEPT IT".

Hare Krsna