IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

"Out of all glorious activities, which is the most glorious?"

Rate this topic

WHO IS MOST GLORIOUS AND FAMOUS?

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then asked Ramananda Raya, "Out of all glorious activities, which is the most glorious?" Ramananda Raya replied, "That person who is reputed to be a devotee of Lord Krsna enjoys the utmost fame and glory."

The greatest reputation a living being can have is to be a devotee of Krsna and to act in Krsna consciousness. In the material world everyone is trying to be famous by accumulating a large bank balance or material opulence. There is a steady competition among karmis attempting to advance in a wealthy society. The whole world is turning in accordance with that competitive mood. But this kind of name and fame is temporary, for it lasts only as long as the temporary material body exists. One may become famous as an impersonalist scholar, or one may become a materially opulent person. In either case, such reputations are inferior to the reputation of Krsna's devotee. In the Garuda Purana it is said: "In this Age of Kali, the fame of one who is known as a great devotee is very rare. However, such a position is superior to that of the great demigods like Brahma and Mahadeva. This is the opinion of all spiritual masters."

It was Lord Shiva who said: "I do not know the truth about Krsna, but a devotee of Lord Krsna knows all the truth. Out of all the devotees of Lord Krsna, Prahlada is the greatest." Above Prahlada, the Pandavas are supposedly more advanced. Above the Pandavas are the members of the Yadu dynasty, who are even more advanced. In the Yadu dynasty, Uddhava is the furthest advanced, and above Uddhava are the damsels of Vraja-dhama, the gopis themselves. In the Adi Purana the Supreme Personality of Godhead himself says, "Lord Brahma, Lord Shiva, the goddess of fortune and even My own self are not as dear to Me as the gopis." Of all the gopis, Srimati Radharani is the topmost. Rupa Goswami and Sanatana Goswami are the most exalted servitors of Srimati Radharani and Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Caitanya-chandramrta (26) gives the following statement about Srila Rupa Goswami: The qualities of one engaged in the service of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu-such as reputation, austerities, penances and knowledge-are not to be compared to the good qualities of others. Such is the perfection of a devotee always engaged in the service of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu.

Transcendental students not only must hear about the activities of the Lord, but they must also hear about the transcendental qualities of the devotees who are constantly thinking of the lotus feet of the Lord within their hearts. Such pure devotees of the Lord are as glorious as the Lord; they are, in fact, recommended by the Lord as more worshipable then He Himself.

The spiritual master is honored as much as the Supreme Lord because he is the most confidential servitor of the Lord. This is acknowledged in all revealed scriptures and is followed by all authorities. Therefore I offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of my spiritual master, who is a bona fide representative of Sri Hari. (Srila Visvanatha Chakravarti Thakura's Gurv-astaka)

Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

RADHA BHAVA KANTI

"Covered by the Sentiment and Luster of Srimati Radharani"

Once Lord Krsna considered within His heart,"Everyone says that I am complete bliss, full of all rasas. All the world derives pleasure from Me. Is there anyone who can give Me pleasure? One who has a hundred times more qualities than Me could give pleasure to My mind. One more qualified than Me is impossible to find in the world. But in Radha alone I feel the presence of one who can give Me pleasure.

"Although My beauty defeats the beauty of ten million Cupids, although it is unequaled and unsurpassed and although it gives pleasure to the three worlds, seeing Radharani gives pleasure to My eyes. The vibration of My transcendental flute attracts the three worlds, but My ears are enchanted by the sweet words of Srimati Radharani. Although My body lends fragrance to the entire creation, the scent of Radharani's limbs captivates My mind and heart. Although the entire creation is full of different tastes because of Me, I am charmed by the nectarean taste of the lips of Srimati Radharani. And although My touch is cooler than ten million moons, I am refreshed by the touch of Srimati Radhika.

"Considering this, I can understand that some unknown mellow in Me controls the entire existence of My captivator, Srimati Radharani. I am always eager to taste the joy that Radharani derives from Me. In spite of various efforts, I have not been able to taste it. But My desire to relish that pleasure increases as I smell its sweetness. I have appeared in the world to taste mellows. I shall taste the mellows of pure love in various ways. I shall teach devotional service, which springs from the spontaneous love of the devotees, by demonstrating it Myself with My pastimes. But these three desires have not been satisfied, for one cannot enjoy them in a contrary position. Unless I accept the luster of the ecstatic love of Sri Radhika, these three desires cannot be fulfilled. Therefore, assuming Radharani's sentiments and bodily complexion, I shall descend to fulfill these three desires."

In this way Lord Krsna came to a decision. Simultaneously, the time came for the incarnation of the age. At that time Sri Advaita was earnestly worshiping Him. Advaita attracted Him with His loud calls. First Lord Krsna made His parents and elders appear. Then Krsna Himself, with the sentiments and complexion of Radhika, appeared in NavadvIpa, like the full moon, from the womb of mother Sachi, which is like an ocean of pure milk.

Lord Caitanya's heart was full of the feelings of Srimati Radharani, and His appearance resembled Hers. Svarupa Damodara has explained His attitude as radha-bhava-murti, the attitude of Radharani. One who engages in sense gratification on the material platform can hardly understand radha-bhava, but one who is freed from the demands of sense gratification can understand it. (CC Adi-lila 4. 238-273)

Lord Krsna desired to taste the limitless nectarean mellows of the love of one of His multitude of loving damsels [sri Radha], and so He has assumed the form of Lord Caitanya. He has tasted that love while hiding His own dark complexion with Her effulgent yellow color. May that Lord Caitanya confer upon us His grace. (Srila Rupa Goswami's Stava-mala 2.3)

Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare