IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
counterGOPI

Tomato Sauce

Rate this topic

Anyone have any suggestions for a tomato sauce recipe for pasta with out any garlic or onions in it? i can't find any anywhere so i will have to start making it. also, if possible, a recipe that i could make a lot of in advance and either can or freeze. Thank you so much!! Haribol!

Nicole

Guest guest

it is good!

I usually just use tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes, add Brown sugar, and a mixture of italian seasonings (basil, oregano, rosemary, marjoram, thyme,sage)

It is not any exact amount that I use, but I kind of just judge myself, by the amount I am making.

I just let it simmer as long as I can ( a few hours if possible)

Sorry its not exact, but its good!

Guest guest

i usually add a bit of Hing first (fry it for 30 seconds and then add the sauce and diced tomatoes and follow with the other spices.

Hi there:)...my recipie is...1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 can of tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon of hing, large pinch of black pepper, 2 small bay leaves, 1/2 teaspoon of mixed italian herbs, 1/2 teaspoon of oregano, and pinch of salt....1st...heat the oil a little, add the hing,when it browns a little, add the tomatoes..then add all the other ingredients and simmer for about 20 mins..you can also add vegetables to this such as green peppers and sweetcorn...add your cooked pasta and offer to Krishna:)

Eggless Pasta

Ingredients:

2 cups semolina flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup warm water

semolina flour for flouring the work surface

Directions:

1. In a large bowl, mix flour and salt. Add warm water and stir to make a stiff dough. Increase water if dough seems too dry.

2. Pat the dough into a ball and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 10 to 15 minutes. Cover. Let dough rest for 20 minutes.

3. Roll out dough using rolling pin or pasta machine. Work with a 1/4 of the dough at one time. Keep the rest covered, to prevent from drying out. Roll by hand to 1/16 of an inch thick. By machine, stop at the third to last setting.

4. Cut pasta into desired shapes.

5. Cook fresh noodles in boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes. Drain.

Makes 4 cups of noodles

Guest guest

How about tomato paste? The can stuff I buy says tomatoes on the ingredients & nothing else. In the recipe that uses brown sugar I am wondering about using GUR, Indian molasses as a healthier subsitute.

By the way, there is almost nothing in a bottle or can in American grocery stores that does not have onion & garlic in it. Shame.

Guest guest

There really is almost nothing without garlic or onion in it. Even most stuff that says natural flavorings is made with some form of animal ingrdients. It plain sucks.