IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Starman

How does vedic astrology fit in?

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna,

I recently had a qualified vedic astrologer read my chart and it seems to be right on....it explained many things that had puzzled me for so long....along with a lot of other information that was valuable.

My question revolves around HOW can this information be so accurate and is the information ever requested or looked into by your spiritual master?

Hare Krsna!

"My question revolves around HOW can this information be so accurate and is the information ever requested or looked into by your spiritual master?"

Vedic Astrology is an ancient science. Look in your local newspaper. It talks about Libra, Gemini, Taurus, etc. 12 different groups, 12 different destinies. If only life were so simple ...

In Chinese astrology, everyone born in a certain year has a common destiny.

But in Vedic astrology, birth month, birth date, birth year, birth time, birth place, the positions of the stars are ALL brought together in a complex mosaic.

The information helps mainly your material life, but touches into spiritual life. Your guru will most likely never make such an inquiry. If you are single, and tell your guru you want to get married, he may request you do a compatibility test with your fiancee via vedic astrology to see if the marriage will be auspicious or not.

If the Guru is the true embodiment of the words spoken in Sri Gurvastakam bhajan, then he is Krsna's dearest servant.

He does not need astrology to know you. He knows you better than you know you. Trust in Gurudev.

My question revolves around HOW can this information be so accurate

•••you're a devotee, you claps once the hands in the kirtana and all the work of the astrology is vanified.. your destiny has changed

is the information ever requested or looked into by your spiritual master?

•••the answer of dervish is very good, there's also to ask to gurudeva what he thinks about a disciple going to an astrologer (not necessarily bad thing of course)