IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
ancient_paztriot

Your Boss May Know More Than You Think

Rate this topic

Yes, more 'in the name of' stuff. The workers and CITIZENS can be expected to give up their privacy and peace in the name of efficiency and security. But that should also work for the leaders - even more so since their abuse can be much worse than the underlings. But oh no, that would be overintelligent.

I'm warning you people with all sincerity. The powers that be want to make you responsive machines that serves their interests. Your value lies in THAT! …And the New World Order roles on. It is later than it seems! ("New World Order" sounds very German to me).

The powers that be have been controlling the media and information that flows to you for years. The decimation wrought by the Europeans or Americans around the world has been filtered, placated and hidden by unscrupulous manipulators from the start. And we as citizens have been slowly paying for our own social subjugation by the tolerance of living of the sins of the capitalist rich. We were happy to share the spoils and be blind to the consequences as long as our gratification was met. The entire Euro-American history has been based on the technological advantage and exploitation of peoples and the Earth in general. Now we are beginning to taste what a bitter fruit it is. "Powers that be" have been spying on people with technology from the beginning. It has served them well. In principle, this access to you and concealment from me gives one great tactical advantages.

The danger is having super senses (extended by technology) and sh*t for brains. Maybe they think their influence will exist unimpeeded in the aftermath of a nuclear exchange. This world situation is growing monsterous by the influence of the capitalist monsters who have corrupted their way to the top of the biggest animal list.

I suspect people here on this board engage in dissention and hidden identities and agendas and even surviellance. What if you can cloak your identity under ip address changes? What if a quest's knowledge even extends to private information of board members because the tentacles of repression and exploitation are in full swing? WHAT IF it's all so LOGICAL?

Surveillance is meant to be an early warning to those who want to stand unempeded and unopposed. Isn't that the idea of the ambush?

The future is now! It's late for the people. It's early for the capitalist monsters.

Prabhupada saw all this. It's evident in his writings. He taught US to see ambition and desires - both material and spiritual. He taught us everything. If we do not spread HIS SAKTI as he requested, then our bright future lay in the flames of a nuclear sacrifice. I can see how nature might find more balance in that.

(Yeah… I feel carried away. Back to music. The metronome is magic.)

THE MODERN PRINCIPLE OF MANAGEMENT IS SUBSUMED UNDER THE HIGHER GOALS OF GRATIFICATION AND EXPLOITATION.

Watch Out -- Your Boss May Know More Than You Think

By Colleen DeBaise, Special to the Tribune

Arundhati Parmar, a Chicago writer, knows what it's like to be spied on. He worked last year at a consumer magazine in San Francisco where the managers installed a camera to monitor small talk between employees.

"I did not even notice it until the art director pointed it out," Parmar said of the camera, located in the far corner of the office. To deal with the situation, he and co-workers started passing notes instead of talking. "Even before the camera was installed, it was an ugly place," he added. "It just got worse."

Workplace surveillance, while not exactly new, has become more common place as technology has improved, gadgets have become cheaper, and security concerns--prompted by terrorism--have risen.

Gadgets galore now track workers. ID badges that emit infrared signals and allow nursing and store supervisors to instantly locate staff on the floor. At banks, workers are identified via retinal scans or fingerprints. Employees at high-security government buildings must step on a mat that recognizes their height or weight before gaining clearance. Advances in global positioning system (GPS) tracking make it possible for companies to track their vehicles--and their drivers' movements--in precise detail. And even the bathroom isn't safe from scrutiny: Sensors on soap dispensers and faucets can record each time food-service and health-care workers wash their hands.

As the economy has soured, employers worried that unlimited Internet access slashes workplace productivity have turned to software packages such as SurfControl Web Filter and Elron's Message Inspector and Web Inspector, which track e-mail and even create an archive of all on-screen activity.

All of this has prompted concerns among privacy and workplace experts, who worry such monitoring devices represent an intrusion in workers' lives. A May study by the American Management Association found that more than half of employers monitor e-mail, and 22 percent have terminated an employee for violating e-mail policy. An earlier study by the group found that 82 percent of major U.S. corporations keep tabs on employees though some form of monitoring, including videotaping them at work or reviewing voicemails.

Frederick S. Lane III, a Burlington, Vt., lawyer, was so troubled by the idea that Americans are working under constant surveillance he has written a new book, "The Naked Employee" (AMACOM, $24.95). Lane sees conflict ahead, as advances in technology are making it possible for companies to collect an unprecedented amount of information about the people who work for them.

"We're simply getting more and more used to it," he said. "With a bunch of workers coming into the workplace each year, they're taking surveillance for granted, which has a corrosive effect on civil liberties generally."

But even those workers who feel their privacy is invaded may not have many options. The courts have generally held that companies are entitled to keep an eye on the resources they provide--whether it's a box of pens or a high-speed connection to the Internet. Among other things, corporations want to avoid legal liabilities that could result from offensive e-mails that are transmitted on their networks.

Many companies have long used video cameras and closed-circuit television to monitor employees and entrances. The Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, however, heightened security concerns, particularly among food manufacturers and medical-supply makers who worry their products could be tainted by unscrupulous employees or intruders.

Craig Lawrence, vice president of Aurico Investigations in Arlington Heights, works with firms across the nation to install security systems and provide investigative services.

"When you hire someone, you are giving them a road map to your operations," he said. "It's absolutely crazy to give them the keys to your place and say `go ahead.'"

His company routinely installs pinhole cameras, usually when a manager is suspicious that an employee may be engaging in improper behavior such as theft, fraud, drug use or sexual harassment. Employees usually have no idea the camera, often hidden by a clock or painting, is trained on them.

Sometimes managers can be quite surprised to find out what's really going on in the workplace. "You expect to see the cleaning crew swiping things off the desk--instead you see the vice president," Lawrence said. "You expect to see people putting things in their pocket--and you see people having sex in the office. We've seen just about the gamut."

But while corporations can have valid reasons for spying, some employees spot an ulterior motive.

A former marketing employee at a Chicago health-care business, who doesn't wish to reveal his name, says the company was open about its surveillance in order to scare employees. At weekly staff meetings, his former boss would show pie charts detailing staff members' visits to unapproved Web sites. The company installed surveillance cameras in the hallway and routinely read workers' e-mails.

"Big brother is watching? You bet," he said. "And scores of companies will tell you that their `legitimate' business purpose is to protect company assets and information. Unfortunately, they grossly abuse that, in my opinion."

Most employees when they take a job usually sign paperwork indicating they agree to various surveillance policies, including the monitoring of computer usage, says Bradley J. Alge, a Purdue University human resources expert. "That said, if you ask most employees, they are not aware of such policies."

Employees who type in a password before logging onto company e-mail or use work computers to check their or Hotmail e-mail accounts may have a false sense of privacy. "In actuality, a company can monitor and track all e-mail," Alge said. He recommends that companies involve employees in decisions about what will be monitored to prevent them from feeling like their personal privacy has been violated.

Dean Harold Krent of Chicago-Kent College of Law, a personal privacy expert, says most employees "don't have a very clear sense of where their rights end and where employers' begin."

Although numerous bills have been introduced in Congress regarding workplace surveillance, the legislative efforts have moved at a much slower pace than technology. Krent believes the topic will become a collective bargaining issue, or companies may promise workplace privacy in an effort to lure employees.

For now, "Naked Employee" author Lane advises employees to use their common sense. "If they don't want companies to know something, then don't use the companies' systems," he said.

The Dark Side of the Moon (album on the charts for 14 years)

Produced by Pink Floyd

Released March, 1973

Recorded in Abbey Road Studios between June 1972 and Junary 1973 Cover Design by Hipgnosis

Speak to Me

"I've been mad for . years, absolutely years, been

over the edge for yonks, been working me buns off for bands..."

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the

most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even

if you're not mad..."

(Instrumental)

Breathe

Breathe, breathe in the air.

Don't be afraid to care.

Leave but don't leave me.

Look around and choose your own ground.

Long you live and high you fly

And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry

And all you touch and all you see

Is all your life will ever be.

Run, rabbit run.

Dig that hole, forget the sun,

And when at last the work is done

Don't sit down it's time to dig another one.

For long you live and high you fly

But only if you ride the tide

And balanced on the biggest wave

You race towards an early grave.

On The Run

[female announcer, announcing flights at airport, including 'Rome']

"Live for today, gone tomorrow, that's me, HaHaHaaaaaa!"

(Instrumental)

Time

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day

You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.

Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town

Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.

You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.

No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking

Racing around to come up behind you again.

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,

Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.

Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

The time is gone, the song is over,

Thought I'd something more to say.

Breathe

Home, home again.

I like to be here when I can.

When I come home cold and tired

It's good to warm my bones beside the fire.

Far away across the field

The tolling of the iron bell

Calls the faithful to their knees

To hear the softly spoken magic spells.

The Great Gig in the Sky

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I

don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying?

There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime."

"If you can hear this whispering you are dying."

"I never said I was frightened of dying."

(Instrumental)

Money

Money, get away.

Get a good job with good pay and you're okay.

Money, it's a gas.

Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash.

New car, caviar, four star daydream,

Think I'll buy me a football team.

Money, get back.

I'm all right Jack keep your hands off of my stack.

Money, it's a hit.

Don't give me that do goody good ..

I'm in the high-fidelity first class traveling set

And I think I need a Lear jet.

Money, it's a crime.

Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie.

Money, so they say

Is the root of all evil today.

But if you ask for a raise it's no surprise that they're

giving none away.

"HuHuh! I was in the right!"

"Yes, absolutely in the right!"

"I certainly was in the right!"

"You was definitely in the right. That geezer was cruising for a

bruising!"

"Yeah!"

"Why does anyone do anything?"

"I don't know, I was really drunk at the time!"

"I was just telling him, he couldn't get into number 2. He was asking

why he wasn't coming up on freely, after I was yelling and

screaming and telling him why he wasn't coming up on freely.

It came as a heavy blow, but we sorted the matter out"

Us and Them

Us, and them

And after all we're only ordinary men.

Me, and you.

God only knows it's noz what we would choose to do.

Forward he cried from the rear

and the front rank died.

And the general sat and the lines on the map

moved from side to side.

Black and blue

And who knows which is which and who is who.

Up and down.

But in the end it's only round and round.

Haven't you heard it's a battle of words

The poster bearer cried.

Listen son, said the man with the gun

There's room for you inside.

"I mean, they're not gunna kill ya, so if you give 'em a quick short,

sharp, shock, they won't do it again. Dig it? I mean he get off

lightly, 'cos I would've given him a thrashing - I only hit him once!

It was only a difference of opinion, but really...I mean good manners

don't cost nothing do they, eh?"

Down and out

It can't be helped but there's a lot of it about.

With, without.

And who'll deny it's what the fighting's all about?

Out of the way, it's a busy day

I've got things on my mind.

For the want of the price of tea and a slice

The old man died.

Any Colour You Like

(Instrumental)

Brain Damage

The lunatic is on the grass.

The lunatic is on the grass.

Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs.

Got to keep the loonies on the path.

The lunatic is in the hall.

The lunatics are in my hall.

The paper holds their folded faces to the floor

And every day the paper boy brings more.

And if the dam breaks open many years too soon

And if there is no room upon the hill

And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too

I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

The lunatic is in my head.

The lunatic is in my head

You raise the blade, you make the change

You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane.

You lock the door

And throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me.

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear

You shout and no one seems to hear.

And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes

I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

"I can't think of anything to say except...

I think it's marvelous! HaHaHa!"

Eclipse

All that you touch

All that you see

All that you taste

All you feel.

All that you love

All that you hate

All you distrust

All you save.

All that you give

All that you deal