IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

renunciation regarding devotees?

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

I don't understand if maybe you don't get on with a devotee, (2 rivers), then how can you excecute renunciation mode? how is it even possible, i can't get my little tiny brain around the concept.

I'd like to add, Krishna and His devotees are non-different, in the absolute sence, so this is my thought, about renunciation, how can you be renounced towards a devotee, i guess ppls on this forum can tell, i've had my first 'bad' experience, which is settled now, but i want to avoid future mishaps.

Help!

Guest guest

My tiny brain advices your tiny brain: Follow Prabhupada's advice! which is, doing your best in every situation by remembering that it is just one type of form of krishna that you are dealing with. Thats all we can do.<----- I do not know if that's what renouncing is , but I think it works in calming us down.

-lover soul character-

Guest guest

This is my opinion but, I think we all have multiple personalities when we come into bhakti yoga. One personality is a non devotee type - do things against our devotional service. The other is a devotee type of personality , which is that mood that you get while chanting or before and after chanting takes place. I have a question now:

So, could these teachings about "devotees" apply to personalities rather than to people?

true renunciation is when you do everything for Krishna and not yourself. when it comes to having personal difficulties with a devotee: if your service requires you to deal with that devotee you just have to be very humble and take it like a good bhakta. But if you don't have to deal with that devotee in your service avoiding contact is probably best policy.