IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

Being Offended?

Rate this topic

Here it is, offending Vaishnava's is the worst thing you can do, ever ever, so why flout the word?..i personally am getting sick, esp on this forum of ppls useing this word, its like its cool to be 'offended', or something?

Of-cource there are times when it is true, but using the pretext of being offended can't be a good thing can it?

I am confuced on this issue, to offend or not to offend that is the question, it may seem i am making a joke out of all this, but thats how its getting to me, i hope i didn't offend anybody (get it?) oh forget it.

Hare Krishna

Ps. No really i hope i didn't, Hare Krishna/

Guest guest

Govindaram, i am offended. I demand satisfaction!

. I challenge you to a preach off!

Posted Image

Let the preach-off begin!

3...2...1....Preach Damn You!

I don't see you preaching' /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Preaccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhh NOW /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thats better, now go back to Krishna..hahahhaha

Guest guest

.Dam you Govindaram!!!

You've scared me out of my mind!

Posted Image

YOU WIN!

Guest guest

, but thats how its getting to me, i hope i didn't offend anybody (get it?) oh forget it.

Hare Krishna

Ps. No really i hope i didn't, Hare Krishna/

----------

rofl

By the way I see it, "Offending" can never happen. In your head you think that by saying somethings you may offend others, that is a perception that you have about the people in this forum, which may or may not be true. However, I do not think you have offended any one here. I also can say for sure that you have never offended any 'vaishnava' in your life. Why?- Because, the only way you can offend a Vaishnava is if you offend Vishnu/ or try to offend Vishnu . But Vishnu cannot be offended because He loves everyone unconditionally, therefore a Vaishnava cannot be offended, Unless ofcourse if you say something totally against the Supreme Personality of the Godhead Himself then you may offend the Vaishanvas. Until then, you will not make a "True" Vaishnava angry.

Also, one of the many benefits about devotion towards God is that you live with out any fear, you need to use that benefit to do something great for Him. I want to say but I think I might offend you if I say, you worry for nothing /images/graemlins/smile.gif . Have a nice day!

-lover soul character-

Guest guest

Srimad Bhagavatam 3.27.10

One should be situated in the transcendental position, beyond the stages of material consciousness, and should be aloof from all other conceptions of life. Thus realizing freedom from false ego, one should see his own self just as he sees the sun in the sky.

PURPORT

Consciousness acts in three stages under the material conception of life. When we are awake, consciousness acts in a particular way, when we are asleep it acts in a different way, and when we are in deep sleep, consciousness acts in still another way. To become Krsna conscious, one has to become transcendental to these three stages of consciousness. Our present consciousness should be freed from all perceptions of life other than consciousness of Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. This is called duri-bhutanya-darsanah, which means that when one attains perfect Krsna consciousness he does not see anything but Krsna. In the Caitanya-caritamrta it is said that the perfect devotee may see many movable and immovable objects, but in everything he sees that the energy of Krsna is acting. As soon as he remembers the energy of Krsna, he immediately remembers Krsna in His personal form. Therefore in all his observations he sees Krsna only. In the Brahma-samhita (5.38) it is stated that when one's eyes are smeared with love of Krsna (premañjana-cchurita), he always sees Krsna, outside and inside. This is confirmed here; one should be freed from all other vision, and in that way he is freed from the false egoistic identification and sees himself as the eternal servitor of the Lord. Caksusevarkam: as we can see the sun without a doubt, one who is fully developed in Krsna consciousness sees Krsna and His energy. By this vision one becomes atma-drk, or self-realized. When the false ego of identifying the body with the self is removed, actual vision of life is perceivable. The senses, therefore, also become purified. Real service of the Lord begins when the senses are purified. One does not have to stop the activities of the senses, but the false ego of identifying with the body has to be removed. Then the senses automatically become purified, and with purified senses one can actually discharge devotional service.

Srimad Bhagavatam 4.11.29

My dear Dhruva, please, therefore, turn your attention to the Supreme Person, who is the infallible Brahman. Face the Supreme Personality of Godhead in your original position, and thus, by self-realization, you will find this material differentiation to be merely flickering.

PURPORT

The living entities have three kinds of vision, according to their positions in self-realization. According to the bodily concept of life, one sees differentiation in terms of varieties of bodies. The living entity actually passes through many varieties of material forms, but despite all such changes of body, he is eternal. When living entities, therefore, are viewed in the bodily concept of life, one appears to be different from another. Lord Manu wanted to change the vision of Dhruva Maharaja, who was looking upon the Yaksas as different from him or as his enemies. Factually no one is an enemy or a friend. Everyone is passing through different types of bodies under the law of karma, but as soon as one is situated in his spiritual identity, he does not see differentiation in terms of this law. In other words, as stated in Bhagavad-gita (18.54):

brahma-bhutah prasannatma

na socati na kanksati

samah sarvesu bhutesu

mad-bhaktim labhate param

A devotee, who is already liberated, does not see differentiation in terms of the outward body; he sees all living entities as spirit souls, eternal servants of the Lord. Dhruva Maharaja was advised by Lord Manu to see with that vision. He was specifically advised to do so because he was a great devotee and should not have looked upon other living entities with ordinary vision. Indirectly Manu pointed out to Dhruva Maharaja that out of material affection Dhruva thought of his brother as his kin and the Yaksas as his enemies. Such observation of differentiation subsides as soon as one is situated in his original position as an eternal servant of the Lord.

Srimad Bhagavatam 11.29.13-14

O brilliant Uddhava, one who thus views all living entities with the idea that I am present within each of them, and who by taking shelter of this divine knowledge offers due respect to everyone, is considered actually wise. Such a man sees equally the brahmana and the outcaste, the thief and the charitable promoter of brahminical culture, the sun and the tiny sparks of fire, the gentle and the cruel.

PURPORT

A series of opposites is set forth here — namely the high-class brahmana and the low-class aborigine, the thief who steals from respectable persons and the respecter of brahminical culture who gives charity to brahmanas, the all-powerful sun and the insignificant spark, and finally the kind and the cruel. Ordinarily, the ability to distinguish between such opposites qualifies one as intelligent. How, then, can the Lord state that ignoring such obvious differences establishes one as a wise man? The answer is given by the words mad-bhavena: a wise person sees the Supreme Personality of Godhead within everything. Therefore, although externally perceiving and dealing with the varieties of material situations, a wise man is more impressed by and concerned with the overwhelming unity of all existence, which is based on the presence of the Supreme Lord within everything. As explained here, a truly wise person is not limited to superficial material discrimination.

Srimad Bhagavatam 12.8.48

A materialist, his intelligence perverted by the action of his deceptive senses, cannot recognize You at all, although You are always present within his own senses and heart and also among the objects of his perception. Yet even though one's understanding has been covered by Your illusory potency, if one obtains Vedic knowledge from You, the supreme spiritual master of all, he can directly understand You.

I want to say but I think I might offend you if I say, you worry for nothing.

-lover soul character-

I am offended. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Not really is that krishna i see within your heart? Jai!

---

Wonderful post Shiva Prabhu, thankyou, that gets things really into perspective, this is one thing i tend to forget, thx for reminding us.