IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
bhaktachris

News about Great Grandson of Henry Ford, Ambarish dasa

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Good article.

Ya know, Ambarish is a regular devotee (well, a rich, regular devotee ha), who is connected to the Alachua Florida community. I went to a regular Christmas party there a few years ago, and he was present, spoke a few words. Also when the threat of Y2K was going on, Ambarish started to make some helpful arrangements for that community, should everything have crashed. So he's one of us. A little more private, but really quite involved in the movement.

YS,

Prtha dd

Guest guest

A number of months ago I was sitting in a doctors office. While waiting I was flipping through some magazine (Time, Forbes, U.S. News I can't remember). The article was on the Ford family, and they had a profile of prominent Fords. One was on Ambarish Prabhu who they identified as a Hare Krishna devotee. Its sometimes fun to run across the devotees when you least expect it.

Guest guest

When I was very sick in the Middle East, Atreya Rsi Prabhu (my GBC member at the time) called me to San Francisco to try and get better. At that time, Ambarisa Prabhu voluntarily drove me to the hospital and waited patiently while I had a number of tests done. Then he drove me back to the temple with great concern and no fanfare at all. It was a touching experience because we didn't even know each other. Only thing we had in common that I know of anyway, is our relationship with Srila Prabhupada. That made it all the more sweet. Thanks, Ambarisa Prabhu, wherever you are. You probably don't even remember this incident, but I'll never forget. All glories to your service and your abiding love for Srila Prabhupada.

Ys,

Pd