IndiaDivine.org

inordinate time before accepting ...

Rate this topic

Govindaram

In the KC booklet I have at home, it says when in KC you do this i.e. 6 months 4 regs etc..then it says not to wait an inordinate time before accepting a Guru (it specifies 2 years), so if I associate with devotees (I am thinking of living in temple for few weeks), and or maybe as well live near temple to attend aarti etc, if I go beyond 2 years..will I be looked down upon or just discarded as a person who's to picky or something..? also it should be noted that I do talk with devotees HERE and on the net chatrooms for which I am eternally thankful for..may you become KC! !

Haribol!

Do not feel pressured to formally accept initiation just because you have been around "long enough". Make sure you really want to surrender to this person and serve Krishna by serving him. It is a very important decision and a personal thing. There are many qualified gurus in our tradition, just find one who really inspires you in devotional service.