IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Do not therefore try it at present; it will be automatically revealed to you

Rate this topic

Guest guest

RASA

...In answer to your question; ``On Krishna loka are all of Krishna's pastimes with the living entities controlled by Krishna, or do the living entities have choice in this matter? In other words, is one's rasa governed by strict laws determined by Krishna or is there free choice aside from the free choice of choosing Krishna or maya?''

In the transcendental world there is no influence of maya or time. So there is full freedom of activities, but because there is no maya, therefore everyone is engaged in his natural activities or spontaneously serving Krishna in different relationships. Just like hand is related with the whole body for some particular purpose, the leg is related with the whole body for some particular purpose, the ear is related with the whole body for some particular purpose, and so on. Similarly all living entities, being eternally part and parcel of the Supreme Lord, are engaged in His service for some particular purpose. So there are varieties of engagements but they are all united with the central figure, Lord Krishna.

Santa-rasa means appreciation of the greatness of the Lord, but there is no active service of the Lord. The land, the grass, the trees, the plants, fruits, or the cows in the transcendental world are supposed to be situated in the santa-rasa. As spiritual beings, they are all conscious of Krishna, but they prefer to appreciate Krishna's greatness remaining as they are.

The next development from Santa-rasa is Dasya-rasa, which means voluntary offering of some service. Next development is Sakhya rasa, or service in spirit of friendship and well-wisher. The next development is Vatsalya rasa, service as well wisher and affection. The next development is Madhura rasa, service, friendship, affection and conjugal love. So in the Madhura rasa, everything is complete.

In the spiritual world there is no such relationship as God as the father. In the material world such conception is appreciated very much. In the material world everyone wants to take from God because the conditioned soul wants to enjoy the senses. And the concept of fatherhood is to drag resources from the Supreme. But in the spiritual world there is no question of drawing from the Supreme. Everything there is to serve the Lord, and service is rendered in 5 different rasas or transcendental humors as described above. For ourselves, when we are in the perfect stage of devotional service, we can know our eternal relation with Krishna, and as such, one of the associates of Lord Krishna becomes our ideal leader. This acceptance of leadership by one of the eternal associates of the Lord is not artificial. Do not therefore try it at present; it will be automatically revealed to you in proper time. (Letters from Srila Prabhupada June 6 & March 12, 1968, March 21, 1967)

What was my condition after repeatedly chanting the holy name? I realized that I am the eternal servant of Krsna. This realization became manifest within my heart. I realized that in this mundane universe, in the noose of illusion, I simply obtain misery in various ways due to separation to Lord Govinda. O residents of Vraja-dhama! Please save my life and show me the Lord of Radha! Consider the prayers of this Bhaktivinoda and take him into your company. (Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura)

Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare