IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Pregnancy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello everyone

I'm very eager to have a baby soon and so I wanted to ask you people if anyone knows what kind of diet or Ayurvedic treatment I should follow once I conceive. It would do me good if someone could guide me along this path. I want to know if there are any Ayurvedic medicines which can help me give birth to a healthy and chubby baby. Thanks in advance.

I only have a few minutes, but basically the most important things to do is avoid hot spices because even if you can handle them, they burn the baby in the womb. Avoid sour or bitter foods for same or similar reasons. Eat good amounts of calcium foods which, in addition to milk (liquid religiousity), it is within certain greens and beans. Oh yes, and lots of beans! :-) Vegetarian protein is easier to digest.

Avoid soy. Not only can it effect your thyroid (its not uncommon for women to get a temporary case of hypothyroidism after birthing a child), but also the unborn child can be effected by it, and some have been born with thyroid troubles. That is why it has been taken out of baby forumal.

Take a multi vitamin and multi mineral pill daily, from a good company or health food store. My favorite is Rainbow Light. Can't think of much else at the moment. Good luck!

Guest guest

Thanks a lot Priitaa. I shall make it a point to include lots of beans in my diet. I have already started taking folic acid. I don't know about any other vitamins that I should take. I want some more specific Ayurvedic guidelines which will help me get a healthy baby. Thanks for your advice once again.

If anyone else has any further information on pregnancy please do respond.