IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

VEGETARIAN - KARMA & FOODS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

As a hindu...we were all meant to be vegetarians but the western trend has wiped that facet out of HINDUISM where CHICKEN, SEAFOOD, GOAT, DUCKS etc was fine to consume...but i personally believe that it is not the western culture that changed hinduism...it's the HINDU that changed and sought easy way out of things...

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT....

When you kill an animal and eat it...it is unaviodable that some of the hatred, anger and frustration in the animal's heart caused at time of it's death is passed on to your subconcious self...

KARMA - WHAT EVER YOU DO TO OTHERS WILL BE DONE TO YOU...

ANCESTORS of the human beings were vegetarians..scientifically proven that structure of human beings are not suitable for meat consumption......INTESTINES of Canivorous animals are different to that of Vegetarian animals....humans intestines are 5 meters long.....thus from time we consume meat..it stays in your body for a long time...though not proven as yet...but it is possibilty that due to the length of stay of processed meat in our system..it may be a cause of some forms of cancers...

BHAGWAT GITA states:"eating such foods causes DISTRESS, MISERY and DISEASE"

and we often wonder when one gets sick why they do.....

Some may argue "EATING PLANTS is also killing living things and thus will create hinderance of KARMA but KARMIC effect is less because we have to eat in order to survive..we choose food which has the least consciousness and suffers the least..A plant consists of 90% water thus it's level of consciousness is so low that it hardly feels any suffering..

IN BHAGWAT GITA BHAGWAAN KRISHNA SAYS:"The humble sages by Virtue of true knowledge see with equal vision:

A LEARNED AND GENTLE BRAHMIN

A COW

AN ELEPHANT

A DOG etc etc.....

Hum sab Jaante hai ATMA bhagwaan ka ansa hai ( part of God )....jaise humare shareer me Atma niwaas karti hai...waise hi aur sab YONIYO me...chahe woh Janwar ho ya to Pakshi ho ...aap PRABHU ki prarthana karte hai aur phir Maas kha kar usi ka hi apmaan karte hai.......

WHY HINDU'S DO NOT NOT EAT BEEF

GOD HAS GIVEN COW TO DRINK MILK BUT NOT TO EAT BEEF.THE BENEFIT FROM COW IS UNCOUNTABLE.THE MILK FROM COW MAKE HUMAN STRONG.COWS ARE SUPREME FRIEND OF HUMAN.IF ANY ONE IN THE FAMILY GETS SICK FOR MONTHS OR YEARS THEY MAY LIVE ON MILK AND SOME TIMES THEY SURVIVE JUST ON MILK.IF A MOTHER OF A CHILD DIES JUST AFTER CHILD BIRTH COWS MILK IS THE MILK WHICH MAKES THE CHILD TO SURVIVE.YOUNG TILL OLD AGE DEATH HUMAN DAILY USE COWS MILK.THIS WORLD IS NOT ONLY FOR HUMAN BUT GOD MADE IT FOR EVERY LIVING CREATURE AND IF COWS MILK IS USED FOR SURVIVAL BUT HUMANS DO NOT RESPECT COWS AND EAT BEEF THAN WHERE IS THE NATURAL JUSTICE ? SINCE HINDU'S RESPECT THEIR BEST FRIEND "COWS" THEY CALLED THEM -GAU MATA- LIKE (MOTHER). SUPREME GOD (VISHNU).BRAHMA.SHIVA AND ALL DEVI DEVTAS HAS GIVEN BLESINGS TO 'GAU MATA" ( COW ).EATING –BEEF IS INFINITE SIN.

WRITER: Pandit Praneel Datt Sharma

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA

Originally: VUCI ROAD NAUSORI - FIJI ISLANDS

PS: Excuse any spelling errors.

My Email: project_vuci@hotmail.com

Some may argue "EATING PLANTS is also killing living things and thus will create hinderance of KARMA but KARMIC effect is less because we have to eat in order to survive..we choose food which has the least consciousness and suffers the least.

Because animals eat so much plant food to create their own flesh, someone who lives on plants alone actually causes the death of far less plant life.

Meateaters cause the death of plants at a ratio of 10 to 1 vs. direct plant eaters.

Score one more for a vegetarian diet. We cause the death of far less plants as well as no cows chickens pigs or fish.

Guest guest

THEN WHY ARE ALL THESE NON-VEGETARIANS LEADING A HAPPIER LIFE ?

WHY ARE THE VEGETARIANS AND THE DHARMIC PEOPLE SUFFERING ?

WHY IS THE DHARMIC LANDS OF THE VEGETARIAN PEOPLE BEING RAPED BY NON-DHARMIC PEOPLE ?

DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE IT MATTERS WHETHER YOU ARE VEGETARIAN OR NOT ?

ONCE YOU DIE, IT'S THE END. WAKE UP, STOP DREAMING.

Guest guest

Vegetarianism is the true way of life.

In answer to your saying why meat eaters enjoy life and vegetarians don't, its all down to self content and the accomplishment of spiritualism.

By being vegetarian you know and have the felling of knowing that you are able to control desire and not need to take the life of other being just for self happiness, that is happiness at someone's or somethings expense an therefore sinful.

I agree with the fact that our own people have been influenced by western culture,a nd so we have become meat-eaters, but we should go back to our roots, and back to vegetarianism as approved by Bhagwan.

I believe we should all take to vegetarianism, and i agree that it would make everyone happier and more peaceful.

Minesh!

THEN WHY ARE ALL THESE NON-VEGETARIANS LEADING A HAPPIER LIFE ?

WHY ARE THE VEGETARIANS AND THE DHARMIC PEOPLE SUFFERING ?

DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE IT MATTERS WHETHER YOU ARE VEGETARIAN OR NOT ?

ONCE YOU DIE, IT'S THE END. WAKE UP, STOP DREAMING.

Can you tell me what is happiness? Can you tell me what is suffering?

In a voidist mentality no it really doesn't matter if you are a vegetarian or not. I accept your decision, can you accept my decision to be a 'personalist' believer of God and that God prefers I don't eat meat?

Hare Krishna,

wishing you happiness in your life /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Part-1

If anyone feels that he is comfortable with vegetarian diet, Im not gonna force him to have non veg, Its his personal choice!

Im replying to this post, to straighten up few things because I see many fanatic vegetarian who are messing up with people having non-veg diet:

You said:"As a hindu...we were all meant to be vegetarians but the western trend has wiped that facet out of HINDUISM where CHICKEN, SEAFOOD, GOAT, DUCKS etc was fine to consume...but i personally believe that it is not the western culture that changed hinduism...it's the HINDU that changed and sought easy way out of things..."

First of all Hindu Scriptures permit its followers to have non-vegetarian food, many Hindus adopted the vegetarian system because they were influenced by other religions like Jainism and Buddhism, Here are some verses from Manu Smriti and Bhagwat gita ,

There are many Hindus who are strictly vegetarian. They think it is against their religion to consume non-vegetarian food. But the true fact is that the Hindu scriptures permit a person to have meat. The scriptures mention Hindu sages and saints consuming non-vegetarian food.

It is mentioned in Manu Smruti, the law book of Hindus, in chapter 5 verse 30

"The eater who eats the flesh of those to be eaten does nothing bad, even if he does it day after day, for God himself created some to be eaten and some to be eater."

Again next verse of Manu Smruti, that is, chapter 5 verse 31 says

"Eating meat is right for the sacrifice, this is traditionally known as a rule of the gods."

Further in Manu Smruti chapter 5 verse 39 and 40 says

"God himself created sacrificial animals for sacrifice, ...., therefore killing in a sacrifice is not killing."

Mahabharata Anushashan Parva chapter 88 narrates the discussion between Dharmaraj Yudhishthira and Pitamah Bhishma about what food one should offer to Pitris (ancestors) during the Shraddha (ceremony of dead) to keep them satisfied. Paragraph reads as follows:

"Yudhishthira said, "O thou of great puissance, tell me what that object is which, if dedicated to the Pitiris (dead ancestors), become inexhaustible! What Havi, again, (if offered) lasts for all time? What, indeed, is that which (if presented) becomes eternal?"

"Bhishma said, "Listen to me, O Yudhishthira, what those Havis are which persons conversant with the rituals of the Shraddha (the ceremony of dead) regard as suitable in view of Shraddha and what the fruits are that attach to each. With sesame seeds and rice and barely and Masha and water and roots and fruits, if given at Shraddhas, the pitris, O king, remain gratified for the period of a month. With fishes offered at Shraddhas, the pitris remain gratified for a period of two months. With the mutton they remain gratified for three months and with the hare for four months, with the flesh of the goat for five months, with the bacon (meat of pig) for six months, and with the flesh of birds for seven. With venison obtained from those deer that are called Prishata, they remaingratified for eight months, and with that obtained from the Ruru for nine months, and with the meat of Gavaya for ten months, With the meat of the bufffalo their gratification lasts for eleven months. With beef presented at the Shraddha, their gratification, it is said , lasts for a full year. Payasa mixed with ghee is as much acceptable to the pitris as beef. With the meat of Vadhrinasa (a large bull) the gratification of pitris lasts for twelve years. The flesh of rhinoceros, offered to the pitris on anniversaries of the lunar days on which they died, becomes inexhaustible. The potherb called Kalaska, the petals of kanchana flower, and meat of (red) goat also, thus offered, prove inexhaustible.

So but natural if you want to keep your ancestors satisfied forever, you should serve them the meat of red goat.

Part-2

You said :"YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT....

When you kill an animal and eat it...it is unaviodable that some of the hatred, anger and frustration in the animal's heart caused at time of it's death is passed on to your subconcious self..."

In response to the above :As a person of concordist approach I agree with you statement, If you think that killing and eating an animal makes him same like what you said hatred, anger and frustration

Then plant eaters should behave like plants : DUMB with out any sense! I know this is not true , Im just acting like a lawyer coz your statements are illogical.

Part-3

You said: ***" ANCESTORS of the human beings were vegetarians..scientifically proven that structure of human beings are not suitable for meat consumption......INTESTINES of Canivorous animals are different to that of Vegetarian animals....humans intestines are 5 meters long.....thus from time we consume meat..it stays in your body for a long time...though not proven as yet...but it is possibilty that due to the length of stay of processed meat in our system..it may be a cause of some forms of cancers..."***

In response to the above : Firstly If you observe the teeth of herbivorous animals like the cow, goat and sheep, you will find something strikingly similar in all of them. All these animals have a set of flat teeth i.e. suited for herbivorous diet. If you observe the set of teeth of the carnivorous animals like the lion, tiger, or leopard, they all have a set of pointed teeth i.e. suited for a carnivorous diet. If you analyze the set of teeth of humans, you find that they have flat teeth as well as pointed teeth( Molars and cannine teeth). Thus they have teeth suited for both herbivorous as well as carnivorous food i.e. they are omnivorous. One may ask, if Almighty God wanted humans to have only vegetables, why did He provide us also with pointed teeth? It is logical that He expected us to need and to have both vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food.

Secondly The digestive system of herbivorous animals can digest only vegetables, if you give a piece of flesh to a herbivorous animals like cow, goat etc..They will not digest it . The digestive system of carnivorous animals can digest only meat. But the digestive system of humans can digest both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. If Almighty God wanted us to have only vegetables then why did He give us a digestive system that can digest both vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food? See for yourself EVERYTHING IS APPARENT!!!

Part-4

You said: "Some may argue "EATING PLANTS is also killing living things and thus will create hinderance of KARMA but KARMIC effect is less because we have to eat in order to survive..we choose food which has the least consciousness and suffers the least..A plant consists of 90% water thus it's level of consciousness is so low that it hardly feels any suffering.."

In response to above:

Certain religions have adopted pure vegetarianism as a dietary law because they are totally against the killing of living creatures. If a person can survive without killing any living creature, I would be the first person to adopt such a way of life. In the past people thought plants were lifeless. Today it is a universal fact that even plants have life. Thus their logic of not killing living creatures is not fulfilled even by being a pure vegetarian.

Regarding plants feeling pain or less pain, killing a plant is a lesser crime as compared to killing an animal. Today science tells us that even plants can feel pain. But the cry of the plant cannot be heard or felt by the human being. There was research done by a farmer in U.S.A. who invented an instrument which converted the cry of the plant so that it could be heard by human beings. He was able to realize immediately when the plant itself cried for water. Latest researches show that the plants can even feel happy and sad. It can also cry.

like you did vegetarian argued his case by saying that plants only lesser senses while the animals have more senses.

Therefore killing a plant is a lesser crime than killing an animal. Suppose your brother is born deaf and dumb and has two senses less as compared to other human beings. He becomes mature and someone murders him. Would you ask the judge to give the murderer a lesser punishment because your brother has two senses less? In fact you would say that he has killed a masoom( an innocent ), an innocent person, and the judge should give the murderer a greater punishment.

How could you kill a plant which cant even defend itself?

I came here peace I dont want you to have non veg! Its everyones personal choice to have his own diet!

And one more thing before I conclude I'ld like to say that even killing a plant for no reason is a sin!

Peace be with you all!

Guest guest

All these points have already been refuted. Manu Smriti says:

maa.m sa bhakShayitaa'mutra yasya maa.msamihaad myaham |

etatmaa.msasya maa.msatva.m pravadanti maniiShiNaH || MS 5.55 ||

'Me he (mam sah)' will devour in the next (world), whose flesh I eat in this (life); the wise declare this (to be) the real meaning of the word 'flesh'

(mamsah) (manu smR^iti 5.55).

anumantaa vishasitaa nihantaa krayavikrayii |

sa.mskartaa chopahartaa cha khaadakashcheti ghaatakaaH || MS 5.51 ||

He who permits (the slaughter of an animal), he who cuts it up, he who kills it, he who buys or sells (meat), he who cooks it, he who serves it up, and he who eats it, (must all be considered as) the slayers (of the animal) (manu smR^iti 5.51).

yaavanti pashuromaaNi taavatkR^itvo ha maaraNam |

vR^ithaapashughnaH praapnoti pretya janmani janmani || MS 5.38 ||

As many hairs as the slain beast has, so often indeed will he who killed it without a (lawful) reason suffer a violent death in future births (manu smR^iti 5.38).

This forum is a great place for every Tom, Dick, and Harry to promote their own agenda. Most of the time these agendas have nothing to do with scripture. The worrisome thing is when the agendas have the appearance of being based in scripture. The posting by cameinpeace is an example.

The above statements from Manu show that meat-eating is sinful and that one will be reborn for as many times as there are hairs on an animal, and that he will be reborn as an animal to be slain by he whom he slew. cameinpeace thinks that by merely posting excerps from scripture which seem to support his view, that therefore no one will take the trouble to actually look at the scripture and see what it says. The references which permit eating of meat are in regards to meat-eating for emergency purposes (like, when there is no other food available and you are starving) or meat-eating obtained from a Vedic sacrifice. Cameinpeace's own posting reveals this:

27. One may eat meat when it has been sprinkled with water, while Mantras were recited, when Brahmanas desire (one's doing it), when one is engaged (in the performance of a rite) according to the law, and when one's life is in danger.

... but he conveniently neglects to mention that since he is too attached to his chicken.

Guest guest

For your convenience Im giving you the url where you could see the whole chapter of those verses! You know that Im not out of context!!! But still you cant digest it!!! It is ok If you wanna remain a vegetarian!!! I m not a FANATIC NON VEGETARIAN /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have dicussed the whole issue in another thread I think yuou should have gone though it already, If not ... then click this

http://www.audarya-fellowship.com/showflat/cat/hinduism/53704/0/collapsed/5/o/1

Guest guest

I m not a FANATIC NON VEGETARIAN

What you are is an idiot. I know the whole chapter, having studied it long ago. The 26th verse clearly states the conditions under which meat can be consumed - after a yagna, after being sprinkled with water, if a brahmin desires it, under emergency situations, etc. And that pretty much rules out getting hamburgers from your local McDonalds or eating chicken when you are going out for a night on the town.

You keep ignoring the verses which contradict your view, and then repeatedly quote the whole MS as if it supports you. All this just goes to show that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't force it to drink. Some people clearly accept scriptures in toto, while others like you just pick and choose whatever they can find to justify their sinful habits.

Guest guest

maa.m sa bhakShayitaa'mutra yasya maa.msamihaad myaham |

etatmaa.msasya maa.msatva.m pravadanti maniiShiNaH || MS 5.55 ||

'Me he (mam sah)' will devour in the next (world), whose flesh I eat in this (life); the wise declare this (to be) the real meaning of the word 'flesh'

(mamsah) (manu smR^iti 5.55).

anumantaa vishasitaa nihantaa krayavikrayii |

sa.mskartaa chopahartaa cha khaadakashcheti ghaatakaaH || MS 5.51 ||

He who permits (the slaughter of an animal), he who cuts it up, he who kills it, he who buys or sells (meat), he who cooks it, he who serves it up, and he who eats it, (must all be considered as) the slayers (of the animal) (manu smR^iti 5.51).

yaavanti pashuromaaNi taavatkR^itvo ha maaraNam |

vR^ithaapashughnaH praapnoti pretya janmani janmani || MS 5.38 ||

As many hairs as the slain beast has, so often indeed will he who killed it without a (lawful) reason suffer a violent death in future births (manu smR^iti 5.38).

Guest guest

Hey..Boss,

If you want to be happy, have metal peace and live longer then be a vegetarian because vegetarian foods promote health, mental calmness,longitivity etc which are all very essential for spiritual progress.

OR

If you want to suffer from diseases,have a heart attack,

want to die earlier....be a NON Vegetarian.

Hahahahahahaha.....ITS SIMPLE /images/graemlins/blush.gif)......THE Choice is YOURS.

Guest guest

The 26th verse clearly states the conditions under which meat can be consumed - after a yagna, after being sprinkled with water, if a brahmin desires it, under emergency situations, etc. And that pretty much rules out getting hamburgers from your local McDonalds or eating chicken when you are going out for a night on the town.

Correction. It's the 27th verse.

I also find it humorous that cameinpeace posts the URL wherein he reportedly "proved" his point. Following the URL led me back to the previous incarnation of this thread, in which he said a bunch of stuff, I refuted him, and then he conveniently disappeared.

Guest guest

HAVE ANY OF YOU SEEN GOD ??

HAVE ANY OF YOU SPOKEN TO GOD ??

IF GOD MADE THIS WORLD, THEN WHY DID HE MAKE EVIL ??

OR IS THERE AN OPPSOING POWER TO GOD ??

BRING YOUR DESIRES TO LIFE AND LIVE LIFE TO THE FULL.

DO WHATEVER YOU PLEASE.

BE FREE.

DON'T TRY TO BE GOD.

BE A HUMAN.

WE ARE ANIMALS WITH THE HIGHEST INTELLIGENCE - USE IT TO ENJOY LIFE - GOD-GIVEN LIFE - YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF.

Guest guest

Excuse me, but I'm God. And I don't approve of your blasphemy. Behave, or I might have to send down a lightning bolt or something. Yeah... lightning bolt... that would be cool.

WOW To actually think one can stick anything they want in their mouth, murder any creature God created, and it has nothing to do with whether they have had experience of God, is big illusion at best.

And to pass the buck and claim that since others haven't "seen" God, it is proof enough for them that food choices do not matter. What an excuse to not control the senses, starting with the tongue.

To see God one must follow "ALL" religious instructions, and not evaluate if they are right or wrong according to the advancement or lack of, by other conditioned souls who are on the path but not fully there. No. It should instead be evaluted by what the great saages of the past, or pure deovtees of this age, who HAVE seen God, tell us. Which is, not only should food be vegetarian, but to make it karma free it must be offered with love and devotion to Lord Krishna. And you can't offer meat to Krishna, He will not accept. So that also should make it clear what He wants you to be eating.

Most likely, the pro-meat poster on this thread is just attached to the taste and doesn't want to admit a need to give it up in order to make spiriutal advancement.

I humbly suggest to all meat eaters out there, if you want to eat meat, do it the way the Vedas instruct. First, don't go to your local supermarket and get it all ready killed, cleaned, and in sterilized plastic wrap with its price tag on it. Instead go kill your own, tear off its fur or whatever crature you pick. Pull out its veins, etc., and do whatever else is physically required to get it into a condition to eat.

Oh yes, and it would be wise to follow 'all' of the Vedic injunctions on this. The Vedas instruct that right before we do take its life, we must whisper in its ear: "In this life I am killing you. In your next life, you shall kill me." And that is the real price tag. Lets get real folks. Meat eating is dangerous business.

to hand out to all the murdering flesh eaters I deal with in my day to day life.

Oh yes, and it would be wise to follow 'all' of the Vedic injunctions on this. The Vedas instruct that right before we do take its life, we must whisper in its ear: "In this life I am killing you. In your next life, you shall kill me." And that is the real price tag. Lets get real folks. Meat eating is dangerous business.

The all time stupidest thing I have heard in a while was a couple of weeks ago as my co-worker chowed down on a cow flesh sandwich - she looked at me with her mouth full and actually said,"I will not tolerate cruelty to animals!" I had to walk away.

"The all time stupidest thing I have heard in a while was a couple of weeks ago as my co-worker chowed down on a cow flesh sandwich - she looked at me with her mouth full and actually said,"I will not tolerate cruelty to animals!" I had to walk away. "

--

Oh my. What illusion they must be under. I became a vegetarian before I became a devotee. And this was at a time (as you may remember too) where initially there was so little informaiton. That is, it was begining to come forward and increase in popularity or info, but there was so much people did not know. Relatives would insist I was not getting enough protein, etc. Ignorance was strong at that time. Whereas these days, there is plenty of knowledge on the topic. I guess I don't understand why now, they don't just give it up.

Vegetarians almost always are leftwing. And so I see it all the time, cars with pro-choice bumper stickers next to bumper stickers saying "be kind to animals" or some such.

Aaaarrrrrrgggghhhhh.

Ok, got that off of my chest /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am a Christian but I believe about vegetarianism. Please read what the Bible says below:

The Bible says that in the earliest days of creation, all of God's creation (even animals) were vegetarian. When God blessed Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, He said to them: "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be food for you. And to the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground--everything that has the breath of life in it--I give every green plant for food. And it was so" (Genesis 1:29-30).

It appears that all creation was vegetarian until after the waters of the Great Flood receded and Noah and his family were left to replenish the earth.

Genesis 9:1-3 says: "Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. The fear and dread of you will fall upon all of the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, now I give you everything."

It is interesting to note that because they didn't eat meat, it could have been one of the reasons that Noah was able to so easily gather all the animals into the ark--and explains why the animals did not devour each other while they were in it.

After the flood, why did God now deem it fit for His creation to eat each other? A possible clue that comes to mind is this: Man's wickedness had just reached its fullness, and God had destroyed almost all of the inhabitants of the earth because of it. That flood had somehow changed the order of things--and it was as if Noah and his family were like Adam and Eve, beginning things all over again, but without the innocence of Adam and Eve. The first world, which had been created in perfection, was ruined because of sin. For man to function in the post-flood world, evidently God allowed for the eating meat that would become a part of our existence. The distinguishing mark on this particular era of history would be having to live with the blight of sin.

In a broad sense, it illustrates to us, the devouring nature of our sin and of the devil. Since the devil was given authority in the earth (Luke 4:6), we know that his kingdom is one that kills and devours itself...Satan who is the author of fear, would also rule this domain with fear. Because of this, the animal and human creatures would have fear and dread of each other. They would feed off of each other to survive.

One reason some vegetarians have chosen to not eat meat, is because the exploitation of animals is very troublesome to them. Is the exploitation of animals in the manner just mentioned displeasing to God? Of course! God loves His creation and even cares about what happens to sparrows! If your conscience bothers you about eating some of the commercially-raised meat, don't eat it. However, if it doesn't bother you (or you don't know where the meat came from), eat it as you feel led. This is scriptural, as stated in Romans 14:2-3, "One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The mans who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him."

God's original and perfect plan excluded the eating of flesh. However, because He Himself has given us permission to eat flesh, it should not be considered wrong or a sin--in the age we are presently living in.

The Bible also warns us that in the last days there will be a host of doctrines that point man away from the truth, instead of towards it. One of these such doctrines, is the worship of the "deity of nature" as some do today. Often vegetarianism is a part of their beliefs--the idea that all of nature is God. While this may sound nice, it simply is not true, and is a doctrine that prevents people from really knowing God as He is. Nature is not God. It reflects His creativity, His beauty, and many other things. However, it is only His creation, just as we are.

(1 Tim 4:1-4 KJV) "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:"

In the way of food, the Bible repeatedly warns us to not become too absorbed in it. Gluttony is a sin that is rarely mentioned in the church today, but is often mentioned in the Bible. Also, there are others who are so worried about their weight, or what they should and shouldn't eat that they are in just as much bondage to food, as those who are chronic over-eaters. Both extremes are sin. God wants us to be healthy and balanced with what we put into our bodies. After all, "the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit" (Romans 14:17).

We should all study God's word, when making decisions about how and what we should eat. God gives us guidelines in this area as well as all other areas of our lives.

One final note of conclusion here, for those who are sincerely wondering if creation will always be the way it is now. We have good news for you! Scripture also seems to indicate that during the millennial reign of Christ on the earth (when the devil is bound for 1000 years), all creation will go back to being vegetarian. Read the following prophecy from Isaiah 11:6-9.

"The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them. The cow will feed with the bear, and their young will lie down together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox. The infant will play near the hole of the cobra, and the young child put his hand into the viper's nest. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea."

Guest guest

" One of these such doctrines, is the worship of the "deity of nature" as some do today. Often vegetarianism is a part of their beliefs--the idea that all of nature is God."

1)nature is also god

god has an "impersonal" aspect and he can be wieved as the energy that pervades all the universe, the nature, the existence... there are three divine aspects : bhagavan (the personality), paramatma (god as a guardian angel to every living being) brahman (undifferentiated energy all pervading).... if we negate one aspect, we are actually negate the existence of god

2)the vegetarianism has also an "objective" aspect.. many millions of poor souls are killed every day, week, month, year to be used as food for humans... so there's not too much to object if one becames vegetarian for strange and funny reasons

let us stop to kill innocent animals

let us stop to be murderers

next we will explain the true purpose of it ... to decrease our karma and to be more free to chant the name of the lord

but now let us stop the killing, for new age, for health, for beauty, for sport, to be more appealing for the opposite sex, as a fashion.... it does not matter

Vegetarians almost always are leftwing. And so I see it all the time, cars with pro-choice bumper stickers next to bumper stickers saying "be kind to animals" or some such.

Aaaarrrrrrgggghhhhh.

Ok, got that off of my chest

So are you saying that you are not a vegetarian? Are you a Vaisnava? Could you explain to me how you can be a Vaisnava (worship Visnu) and eat meat? How do you offer your food to Him? Really, please explain this to me, as I may be not understanding you.

Guest guest

"nature is also god".

Nature is also God???? How many Gods you have? Maybe you are talking about that Nature is also a creation, to glorify Him/God. NATURE is only a parcel of God's marvelous creation. If nature is God. And God created Nature, then God created himself? Who's first? Simple Logic....It's like arguing who's first, the chicken or the egg...Hey man!

The statement does not negate the existence of God, rather it is a prooof that God exist and God made us all! Don't blaspheme God by saying Nature is God...

And Dude, animals like rabbit don't have souls. Has you father now told you how great to sleep with his previous rabbit wife?