IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
kailasa

DIKSA it is no ritvik.

Rate this topic

The spiritual master who first gives information about spiritual life is called the vartma-pradarзaka-guru, the spiritual master who initiates according to the regulations of the здstras is called the dйkсд-guru, and the spiritual master who gives instructions for elevation is called the зikсд-guru. Factually the qualifications of a spiritual master depend on his knowledge of the science of Kеслa. It does not matter whether he is a brдhmaлa, kсatriya, sannyдsй or зьdra

“On the path of regulative devotional service, one must observe the following items: (1) One must accept a bona fide spiritual master. (2) Accept initiation from him. (3) Serve him. (4) Receive instructions from the spiritual master and make inquiries in order to learn devotional service. (5) Follow in the footsteps of the previous дcдryas and follow the directions given by the spiritual master.

...If one actually wants to serve Kеслa, it doesn’t matter whether one is a зьdra, vaiзya, or even a woman. If one is sincerely eager to chant the Hare Kеслa mantra or dйkсд-mantra, he is qualified to be initiated according to the pдпcarдtrika process.

...Otherwise, deathlessness begins from the day of initiation. Дdau gurvдзrayam. As soon as you take shelter of a bona fide spiritual master, your point of deathlessness begins immediately. Immediately. And if you continue the advice and instruction of the spiritual master, or the здstra, then you become deathless.

...Dakсiлa means in charity. Just like you give dakсiлa to your spiritual master for initiation, similarly, here also, it is said, здradvataа guruа kеtvд. Everything must be executed under the guidance of a guru, not whimsically, “Oh, I have got my own idea, I have got my own God. I can do whatever I like.” This is simply waste of time.

Father, mother, you can get anywhere. It doesn’t matter. But you cannot get Kеслa and guru. That you can get in this birth. Therefore twice-born. You must get another birth, through the initiation of the spiritual master, dйkсд. Dйkсд means initiation. Di means divya jпдnam, and kсa means kсapayati. From the day of initiation, you simply get spiritual knowledge, transcendental knowledge.

Madhudviсa: Prabhupдda, who was the spiritual master of Lord Зrй Kеслa?

Prabhupдda: Gargamuni. His name is Gargamuni. Gargamuni, and there is another, Sдndйpani Muni. They are sages, Sдndйpani Muni. Kеслa is spiritual master of His spiritual master, but just to teach us, He also accepts a spiritual master.

Madhudviсa: Yes. But is he receiving a good interpretation from his disciplic succession or his bishop? Because there seems to be some kind of a discrepancy in the interpretation of the Bible. There’s many different sects of Christianity that interpret the Bible in different ways.

Prabhupдda: Of course, there cannot be any interpretation in the Bible. Then there is no authority of Bible. If you interpret something... Just like “Call a spade a spade.” So if you call something else, that is a different thing. He’s not spiritual master. Just like this is watch. Everybody has called it watch, and if I call it spectacle, then what is the value of my being spiritual master? I’m misleading. (laughter) It is watch, that I must say. So when there is misinterpretation, he’s not a bona fide spiritual master. He’s not spiritual master, what is called a bona fide. If I want to teach you how to see this watch, I can say that “This is called watch and this is called hand and this is called time indication; this is, this called...,” so that is nice. And if I say that “Everybody says it is watch. I say it is spectacle,” then what kind of a spiritual master I am? Reject him immediately.

That intelligence you must have, who is a pseudo spiritual master or real spiritual master. Otherwise you’ll be cheated. And that is being done.

Madhudviсa: Prabhupдda, who was the spiritual master of Lord Зrй Kеслa?

Prabhupдda: Gargamuni. His name is Gargamuni. Gargamuni, and there is another, Sдndйpani Muni. They are sages, Sдndйpani Muni. Kеслa is spiritual master of His spiritual master, but just to teach us, He also accepts a spiritual master.

Guest guest

The spiritual master who first gives information about spiritual life is called the vartma-pradarзaka-guru, the spiritual master who initiates according to the regulations of the здstras is called the dйkсд-guru, and the spiritual master who gives instructions for elevation is called the зikсд-guru. Factually the qualifications of a spiritual master depend on his knowledge of the science of Kеслa. It does not matter whether he is a brдhmaлa, kсatriya, sannyдsй or зьdra

Can someone explain to me why I see all sorts of strange characters in some postings like the one above? Am I supposed to have some kind of special font to view such postings?

Guest guest

Hare Krishna

First you should Cut/Paste your article to Notepad, then paste from there to Here, you can avioid these symbols that way, that is the way I do it. oh and viewing your post to see if its ok helps as well prabhu!!