IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
kailasa

Satyabhama

Rate this topic

Paлтita Jagadдnanda, the sixth branch of the Caitanya tree, was celebrated as the life and soul of the Lord. He is known to have been an incarnation of Satyabhдmд [one of the chief queens of Lord Kеслa].

PURPORT

There are many dealings of Jagadдnanda Paлтita with Lord Зrй Caitanya Mahдprabhu. Most importantly, he was the Lord’s constant companion and especially took part in all the pastimes of the Lord in the houses of Зrйvдsa Paлтita and Candraзekhara Дcдrya.

All glories to Jagadдnanda Paлтita! He is so favored by Зrй Caitanya Mahдprabhu that anyone who meets him thinks, “Now I have gotten the association of Зrй Caitanya Mahдprabhu directly.”

Jagadдnanda Paлтita stayed at Зivдnanda Sena’s house for some time, and they prepared about sixteen seers of scented sandalwood oil.

They filled a large earthen pot with the aromatic oil, and with great care Jagadдnanda Paлтita brought it to Nйlдcala, Jagannдtha Purй.

This oil was placed in the care of Govinda, and Jagadдnanda requested him, “Please rub this oil on the body of the Lord.”

Govinda therefore told Зrй Caitanya Mahдprabhu, “Jagadдnanda Paлтita has brought some scented sandalwood oil.

Antya 12.106

The Lord replied, “A sannyдsй has no use for oil, especially perfumed oil such as this. Take it out immediately.”

“Deliver this oil to the temple of Jagannдtha, where it may be burned in the lamps. In this way, Jagadдnanda’s labor to manufacture the oil will be perfectly successful.”

When Govinda informed Jagadдnanda Paлтita of this message, Jagadдnanda remained silent, not saying even a word.

When ten days had passed, Govinda again told Зrй Caitanya Mahдprabhu, “It is the desire of Jagadдnanda Paлтita that Your Lordship accept the oil.”

When the Lord heard this, He angrily said, “Why not keep a masseur to massage Me?

“Have I taken sannyдsa for such happiness? Accepting this oil would bring My ruination, and all of you would laugh.

Hearing these words of Зrй Caitanya Mahдprabhu, Govinda remained silent. The next morning, Jagadдnanda went to see the Lord.

Antya 12.116

Зrй Caitanya Mahдprabhu said to Jagadдnanda Paлтita, “My dear Paлтita, you have brought Me some oil from Bengal, but since I am in the renounced order, I cannot accept it.

“Deliver the oil to the temple of Jagannдtha so that it may be burned in the lamps. Thus your labor in preparing the oil will be fruitful.”

Antya 12.118

Jagadдnanda Paлтita replied, “Who tells You all these false stories? I never brought any oil from Bengal.”

After saying this, Jagadдnanda Paлтita took the jug of oil from the room and threw it down before Зrй Caitanya Mahдprabhu in the courtyard and broke it.

After breaking the jug, Jagadдnanda Paлтita returned to his residence, bolted the door and lay down.

Three days later, Зrй Caitanya Mahдprabhu went to the door of his room and said, “My dear Jagadдnanda Paлтita, please get up.

Antya 12.122

“I want you personally to cook My lunch today. I am going now to see the Lord in the temple. I shall return at noon.”

Antya 12.123

After Зrй Caitanya Mahдprabhu said this and left, Jagadдnanda Paлтita got up from his bed, bathed, and began to cook varieties of vegetables.

In great happiness, Зrй Caitanya Mahдprabhu then accepted the lunch. When He had tasted the vegetables, He again began to speak.

“Even when you cook in an angry mood,” He said, “the food is very tasteful. This shows how pleased Kеслa is with you.

Hare Krishna

First you should Cut/Paste your article to Notepad, then paste from there to Here, you can avioid these symbols that way, that is the way I do it. oh and viewing your post to see if its ok helps as well prabhu!!

Guest guest

we are poor people... vaishnavas..... we have not a big rich forum with all the latest options..........

Guest guest

Exuse. But...early this be all good? Ok, i am correct me posts. It is needs time. I am thinks this be do special. Sorry.