IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
dev

Physical condition of Vrindavan

Rate this topic

Hare krishna prabhu,

I read some where that Goswamis found out all the places of Krishna's past time in Vrindavan . But What was the condition before Goswamis? Many poets and devotees like Surdaas , Meera have described Lord's pastime and sang devotional song . I don't find any other devotees who appeared before goswamis and there Krishna Bhajan are available today also. Can any body name some 8th century - 9 th century person who has written something related to krishna . Was Krishna not known before Goswamis in After Christ years.

Hari BOL

Guest guest

vrindavan before gosvamis has been a forest with the fampus kunda almost hidden and some ruins

beeing mathura an important city in the buddhist period, maybe vrindavan had been a similar developement

but vrindavan never ceased to be recognized as a pilgrimage site for krsna devotees or "hindu" in general

Is that the way to respond to a sincere inquiry? There is a living being behind each post.

If you don't know the history, like I do not, then be quiet and learn something.

Guess I got caught up in the moment, sorry dev you know I was only joking again!, Vrindavana dhama ki jai, go there soon dev if you can, even if you are a neophyte, you will benefit greatly, as for me maybe one day /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Who wrote a wonderful hymn called "Bhaja Govindam" with the susbtance of Vedanta put into it.

He declared that knowledge and devotion are not different from each other.

He said every thing is brahman and then he said Krishna is the supreme personality of the Godhead.

He wrote Vishnu Sahasranama (The thousand names of Vishnu) and explained that Narayana (krishna) is an all prevading reality that exists not just in this universe but every where.

Adi shankaracharya is a very intelligent being. He memorized all of vedas when he was 6 years of age.

Then he devoted his life to the supreme.

ok... i am spending too time here again... later!

One should chant the holy name of the lord in a humble state of mind

thinking oneself lower than the straw in the street

one should be more tolerant than a tree

devoid of a all sense of false prestige

and should be ready to offer all respects to others

in such a state of mind

one can chant the holy name of the Lord constantly

Lord Chaitanya Ki Jai!

Guest guest

krishna has beenknown since milleniums, and vrindavan is also know since krishna was born.

what chaitanya did was he specifically identified various locations within vrindavan and indicated what exact lika krishna did there. such detail was forgotten over time.