IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
dev

offering

Rate this topic

hare krishna prabhus,

I have archa vigraha of Radha krishna and Gaur nitai.

When I prepare food , whom should I offer. Or we need separte plate for all of them , or just serving krishna is enough.

Hari bol

First of all, Krsna's plates, bowls etc are never to be used by anyone else or for anything else. Ceramic or paper is low-class and not for Krsna. Proper offering plates and bowls can be purchased from a temple shop, Krsna Culture or Govinda's International Imports. One set is enough.

This is a very simple offering procedure that is usually used when the altar is set up with pictures. You need a picture of your Gurudev also because you first ask permission to make the offering from Him.

Then you offer to Lord Caitanya and then Lord Krsna in the following manner:

Chant the following prayers three times while ringing a bell:

1. Prayer to Srila Prabhupada:

nama om visnu-padaya krsna-presthaya bhu-tale

srimate bhaktivedanta-svaminn iti namine

namas te sarasvate deve gaura-vani-pracarine

nirvisesa-sunyavadi-pascatya-desa-tarine

"I offer my respectful obeisances unto His Divine Grace A. C.

Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, who is very dear to Lord Krsna, having taken shelter at His lotus feet. Our respectful obeisances are unto you, O spiritual master, servant of Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami. You are kindly preaching the message of Lord Caitanyadeva and delivering the Western countries, which are filled with impersonalism and voidism."

2. Prayer to Lord Caitanya:

namo maha-vadanyaya krsna-prema-pradaya te

krsnaya krsna-caitanya-namne gaura-tvise namah

"O most munificent incarnation! You are Krsna Himself appearing as Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu. You have assumed the golden color of Srimati Radharani, and You are widely distributing pure love of Krsna. We offer our respectful obeisances unto You."

3. Prayer to Lord Krsna:

namo brahmanya-devaya go-brahmana-hitaya ca

jagad-hitaya krsnaya govindaya namo namah

"I offer my respectful obeisances unto Lord Krsna, who is the

worshipable Deity for all brahmanas, the well-wisher of the cows the brahmanas, and the benefactor of the whole world. I offer my repeated obeisances to the Personality of Godhead, known as Krsna and Govinda."

Then leave the room for 15 minutes or so.

You should then offer water (each deity should have Their own water cup). Then you offer the Lord's prasada to your spiritual master.

If Tulsi leaves are not available for the offering - then offer them in the mind (it is non-different).

Anyway, this is a very very simplified method and if interested I can give more elaborate details.

Oh, I almost forgot - do not offer incense with food offerings. The incense blocks the aroma and flavor of the food.

Also, do not taste the food or purposely smell the food during preparation.

Hare krishna prabhu ,

But do I need four plates for radha , krishna , gour, nitai . Or just two plates one for krishna , one for Gourang. Similarly how many glasses do I need ?

Hari Bol

Guest guest

I have only one plate for krishna, I will start offering water, but I don't know about the sayings.

Are such things mandatory?

take about five minutes (ten mins maybe). This is for Krsna!! This is nothing compared to the more elaborate offering.

If a few simple prayers are too much then I have heard that you can chant while making the offering.

Guest guest

I will print out the prayers /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-I_love_krishna_