IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
madanvrao

Krishna - The Supreme Personality of Godhead

Rate this topic

How should I convince new devotees that Krishna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. The basic confusion is because Krishna is stated as one of the avataras in Dasha Avataar of Vishnu. Therefore, it is easier to convince that Vishnu is the Supreme Personality of Godhead and not Krishna. Though when I say quoting Srila Prabhupada's the Science of Self Realisation that Krishna is God because God is all attractive. Krishna means All Attractive. People still don't believe.

Hare Krishna

Madan

Hare Krishna Madanji

The confusion is with the word Avataar, people can get its meaning confused, Krishna descends to this material world AS HE IS, so 'descend' means avatar thats all.

So Krishna descends (comes down) in His original spiritual form.

Lord Vishnu and Krishna are the same. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The way I got attracted to Krishna is knowing that you can be friends with Him, that just I couldnt believe, but with Lord Vishnu you can only be a servant, in the Ramayana when Lord Rama ate even Sri Sitamata she couldnt eat from the same plate - what to say of Sri Hanuman, but Krishna The All-Attractive God allowed His dear friend Arjuna to eat from the same plate of food!

Hope that helps in some way.

Yes! There are so many ways you can treat Krishna, which is not possible with Vishnu or Rama. You can treat Krishna in so many ways as for example

Friend

Philosopher

Guide

Guru

Teacher

Lover

Your child

Your father

Your mother

Can eat alongwith him

Spank him if he is too naughty /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Any other relationship anybody can think of?

Hare Krishna

Guest guest

2 verses you can use:

Brahma Samhita 5.1 'isvara parama krishna/sac-cid-ananda vigraha / anadir adir govinda / sarva karana-karanam'

and Srimad Bhagavatam 1.3.28 which has 'krsnas tu bhagavan svayam'

1.3.28. All of the above-mentioned incarnations are either plenary portions or portions of the plenary portions of the Lord, but Lord Sri Krsna is the original Personality of Godhead. All of them appear on planets whenever there is a disturbance created by the atheists. The Lord incarnates to protect the theists.