IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
yasodanandana

Krsna dance from italy

Rate this topic

http://www.bjenergy.it/noFlash.asp

these guys are literally flooding italy with this "oh krishna" tune in an advertising TV spot

the brand is a major company in analcoholic drinks

you cannot watch television (any channel) for one hour without listen to this "OH KRISHNA" chanting two or three times!!!

http://www.bjenergy.it/starship_testo.pdf

the text is parampara... imho

Hare Krishna

Not sure what to say about using Krishna's name to sell bad products, have you heard about the shoes thing? I hope all the company members become Krishna Consious, and make there drinks un-alcoholic, and then give all their money to me..oops sorry to devotees, then it would be good.

good objection.... shoes with images of deities are bad because in deity worship there are rules

(i do not wear also shirts or clothes with deities or spiritual masters because i do not want to bring them in the bathroom when i need to... /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

but harinama is without strong rules and regulations, everyone can chant and sing, without initiation and principles, and without even to know what is that

so it is possible to chant KRSNA in that way and it helps people to go back to godhead

of course it is not so good (even if the power of NAMA cannot be weakened by this) if a religious organization is involved DIRECTLY in an operation like that

imagine:

ISKCON and cocacola

chaitanya mission and limca

catholic church and Sprite and so on

but we have a band, they are on their own, they are chanting a religious song... no problem

if we want to perform harinama only in satvik conditions or environment we have to stop to do it in this planet

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I read the words to the song and found that they do not print Krishna's name! But it is quite clear in the audio. Who are these people in the band? They mention Lotus Feet and everything. If separated from the product that the commercial is trying to sell then it is quite catchy and could attract the attention of people who would otherwise not even pay attention. It has this club beat thing etc. Are they playing this song elsewhere besides the commercial?

Also what do they mean by BJenergy vs Govinda?

http://stage.vitaminic.com/main/govinda/

govinda is a group of devotees, or with some devotees into, a little famous in italy,

i think that bjenergy is a dj remixer or something like that.....

i have the last official cd "WISH YOU WERE INDIAN" and the version of starship is slightly different , but not too much

(maybe the commercial makers does not print krsna for making it less religious and too difficult to the people)

there's a complete video of STARSHIP in MTVitaly quite often (the same that is in the site.. with the "chinotto" cans obscured) and the song starts to be broadcasted by major radio stations

i think it very good, after harrison, kulasheker and boy george this is the last attempt of krsna chanting in popular chart music

please, erase it if it is not legal, but i don't know if they are published outside italy (if not in a Giorgio Armani compilation), if you want, there's plenty of their songs in napster or similar

they have not to be confused with another govinda band from USA, not devotees and very boring cheap new age

about this Govinda band is that their music will have appeal to a whole new group of people. It is not really my style but I find it interesting.

I wonder how they feel though about their song being used for an alcohol beverage.

it is not alcohol... chinotto is sold even in govindas or devotee shops!!!, it is a slightly bitter drink from a plant's root,, very famous in italy

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

(anyway, commercials are no more in control of the artists.. they're agreements with the record companies.... as i have said, IMHO, if iskcon or a math are not directly involved, they can put a song with krsna everywere, no matters....... people surely think that the singers belongs to or sympathize for hare Krsna religion, not that hare krsnas (as a religious group) are doing commercials

the same thing happened for boy george, kulashaker and harrison..... or shelter... for the fans they are hard rockers or whatever sympatizing for hare krsna,, not monks

i can also say that in italy people thinks that harekrsna are only the ones dressed in dhoti and living in the temple

in this way there's a relative freedom to spread the holy name in "not so classic" ways)

... i am sure that one of the most frequent use of the devotees records in the general public (from krsna premi, to prahlad das, to radha krsna temple) is to provide a "new ageish" or "exotic background" to do the more various non senses, from taking marjuana to .. ehem....... so we have not to worry, the holy name will find his way /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

if you want i can speak also about shelter or 108 concerts!!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Guest guest

ok... i will see if this chinoenergy has something wrong.... but the preaching is good.....harinama...

Guest guest

that's me... yasodanandanadasa... harekrsna

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(i walk in the dark... but your light shines in my mind.... ohh krsnaaaa!!)

The song will not leave my head - that is ok though - it is not mundane words but praises for the Supreme Lord. I was outside taking care of my trees and found myself singing the song quite loudly!! Tee hee - the crazy woman in the desert singing to the skies!! Ohhhh, Krsnaaaa....