IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

fair skin

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

I had same problem in my family I'm 'medium' skinned, my mums always put 'fair & lovely' on skin which contains some bleach!, trying to look more white....

I was in first school once and some people, were teasing me about the colour of my skin, so I came home and told my mum and she said "put some of this cream on your face" to look more white!

Instead of be proud of yourself, so I think a lot of people in India have a problem with SKIN COLOUR/NOT ALL..

I think somebody should go around the towns and villages chanting the Maha-Mantra and on the side say that Krishna is BLACK (syamasundara)!!!

ps I'm 26 and over it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

The Indian guys want fair girls. So, girls put on lots things like "Snow white" and other make up products to look more whitish.

In Indian Mentality, being more white is a sign of being "sexy" because then you are more "clean" .

It just is... just like dowry is just a certain type of tradition... they just are that way.

Can't change em! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

Whites [sukla] are brahmanas

browns are ksatriyas

black-brown are vaishia

black [krishna] are sudras

if you look up folio you will find some reference to this

Guest guest

post 1.1

Where does all the racism in Indian religion and culture come from? Is it primarily cultural, religious, or political in origin. And how can Indians be so prejudiced against Black people (Africans) when so many of your own people are really rather on the dark side to be calling the kettle kal? I have had a few experiences with Indians rooming with them for some years in college but they were not really able to answer these questions to my satisfaction.

post 1.7

Jai Ramji Ki!

Dear Friends:

It is indeed true that these days, many Indians hold a fondness for fairer skin. You can certainly see the evidence for that in Hindi movies. Almost all actresses have fair skin. Only a few actresses have darker skin: for example, (late) Smita Patil and Nandita Das.

But fair skin has not always been viewed as so inherently beautiful. Everybody knows that Draupadi had dark skin. Indians have always thought of Draupadi to be exceptionally beautiful.

Even the whites observed that Indians viewed black to be beautiful. The other day, I was reading in the internet some writings of Catholic priests who came to civilize Goans. They spread their civilization by killing large number of Goans and destroying Hindu temples and images of Deities. One of the priests (Xavier) observed that (in his opinion) Goans had no sense of beauty, (because) they consider black to be a beautiful skin color for women and worse, they worship a black God.

Guest guest

it is only in the smriti you will find black as eliveated

In sruti or vedic India fair skin is best

Guest guest

it is only in the smriti you will find black as eliveated

In sruti or vedic India fair skin is best

that saddens me to hear that if that is true since sruti is concidered authorative and smriti being man's word

No one is satisfied in their skin. In the Phillipines they also try to lighten their skin with certain products. Elsewhere also not just India. White bodied people have certain tanning lotions they apply to darken the skin. Plus we will lay in the sunshine to get a tan. Decades ago in the USA very white skin was considered beautiful as the poor got dark from working in the fields. Then as factory work brought people to work inside having a tan denoted much leisure time, a sign of success.

But alas, all that sun, and a thinning ozone layer meant more melanoma carcinoma, skincancer. Nothing pretty about that. Also increased wrinkling of the face and skin as the body ages.

We have to rise up from this skin madness and perceive the soul. We must do this. This is the basic platform of spiritual life. Through the eyes of shastra we must see the soul and the Supersoul in each form and leave these caste,class and race considerations where they belong. And they belong to Ceasar and his world.

is everywhere.

When I lived in Northern Italy in 1969 - the fair skinned Northern Italians looked down on the darker Southern Italians and vice versa. In the building next door to our house was a Northern Italian doctor and a Southern Italian housewife - all I can say is "If looks could kill"! I almost expected a civil war!

I hope this attitude has changed in the past 30 odd years.

Probably hasn't changed. Pessimist i know. Never been to Italy but the same thing is in the black communities here. The darker blacks are looked down upon by the blacks of a lighter shade. Like when Muhammed Ali fought Joe Frazier in Manilla. he referred to him as that "ugly Gorrila in Manilla." They have skin lightening creams also.

So superfical. And now with all the plastic surgeries that people are getting. Nose fixes, tummy tucks, face lifts etc. men are even buying silicon calves to make their legs look stronger.

just when I think I have heard it all!

I have this funny image of future archeologists finding an "ancient burial ground" (circa 2003). They find skeletons with silcon bags laying on strategic parts of the skeletons.

Some people will never decay! They will be nothing but plastic. They won't be able to cremate them because it will cause too much air pollution with all the burning plastic. Besides, they would just melt! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yeah, archeologists are going to simply freak out when they dig up this civilzation. I have thought of this before. A group dig at one of our garbage dumps. But I never thought of our grave yards. Too much.

Never heard of plastic calves? Yeah some body builders who couldn't naturally bulk their calves started it. Some get enhancments in other places also. Like walking dildos. Ok how long until that gets edited. Maybe not. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

believe it or not, I read recently about the amount of surgical procedures here in Beverly Hills and Hollywood and buttocks operation are very rare because after a while the plastic shifts, the doctor was recommending padding to be in the safe side.

but this also brings some funny images to mind.

I could never consider to such things to myself. I guess it takes a "special" type of person! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Well, maybe if I looked like quasi moto's sister or something...

Only if someone is grotestically (sp) disfigured in an accident or something should they consider something like plastic surgery.

Guest guest

we remember our original beauty unconciously but don't understand what is beauty in conditioned life and then there is skin disease so it all adds up to chaos.

in the light of absolute truth all are beautiful but most see truth relatively.not only in India but whole material universe.Even Brahma has some illusion HiHi.

joy

Guest guest

funny that

When it come to skindisease with regard to black and white people object but when it comes to skindisease with regard to make and female all put the female as lower

Guest guest

funny that

When it come to skindisease with regard to black and white people object but when it comes to skindisease with regard to male and female all put the female as lower