IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

eating once a day

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

I have an uncle in India who's spiritual master said to him to eat just once a day, but drink water throughout the day of-cource, and he seems so calm and happy plus extra Laxsmi, do Krishna devotees recommend doing this to control the mind or should you eat small meals throughout the day?

he's been doing this for about 15 years now /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Guest guest

This was also tried in ISKCON around 1974/1975 but the devotees were unable to stick to it.

I have read recently that low caloric intake results in much higher life in lab animals. They have found that if a mouse is given smaller meals (substantially smaller) that these animals live much longer. The thinking is perhaps the energy used by the body in metabolism causes the cells not to deteriorate as rapidly.

They also did the same experiment where they kept the calories the same, but instead skipped one day. That is if you eat 2000 calories a day, they'd give you 4000 on one day, and 0 the next day, 4000 following, then 0 etc.... This approach also lead to much longer life. Not sure of the reasoning or if these are conclusive.

Guest guest

Thanks gaura chandra. I have seen a documentary on tv about what you are saying here. Do you know an online articel or something about this?

Hare Krishna

I was having a chat on paltalk with a devotee of Lord Krishna, and he said in answer to my question that-

"your body is mechanism for service of Radha-Krishna and looking after this body is a must so look after it nicely"

good advice don't you think?