IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Jagat

Rukmini

Rate this topic

<center>zlAghyAzeSa-tanuM sudarzana-karaH sarvAGga-lIlAjita-

trailokyAM caraNAravinda-lalitenAkrAnta-loko hariH |

bibhrANAM mukham indu-sundara-rucaM candrAtma-cakSur dadhat

sthAne yAM sva-tanor apazyad adhikAM sA rukmiNI vo'vatAt ||</center><blockquote>Rukmini’s entire body is praiseworthy, whereas only Krishna’s hand can be called beautiful (i.e., he holds the Sudarshan disc in his hand). She triumphs over the three worlds easily with any one of her limbs, whereas Krishna had to step over them with his lotus feet (in his incarnation as Trivikrama). Rukmini’s entire face is itself as beautiful as the moon, while Krishna is only moon-eyed. No wonder Krishna found her to be superior to himself! May she be the one to protect us all. Dhvanyaloka 2.11</blockquote>

We are currently working on a Goddess book for Mandala Publishing. I have been researching the Rukmini chapter, in the course of which I prepared chapter 16 of the Uttara champu, act 5 of Lalita Madhava, and three chapters of commentaries by Visvanath, etc., of the Bhagavatam, for eventual posting on GGM.

Lots of good stuff. I was going to post more, but I've been busy with forum politics...