IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
srivats

Previous Life

Rate this topic

I know its very late to bring this topic here ...I just that i can refresh my ideas about poorva janma and life after death ... i was going through a good poem of Wordsworth, here it is ...

----------------

Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting:

The Soul that rises with us, our life's Star,

Hath had elsewhere its setting,

And cometh from afar:

Not in entire forgetfulness,

And not in utter nakedness,

But trailing clouds of glory do we come

-William Wordsworth (1770-1850),

Ode: Intimations of Immortality from

Recollections of Early Childhood

--------------

Now coming to the point , can someone pls explain in simple terms about our 7 janmas , or is it more , how loong i am suppose to be here ?! , but sometime i thank god for giving me life, in this world ( which normally saadhus dont want ) , why because i can , understand and pray him.. i cna take as many birts as possible to sing and praise my lord.

Madhva Kesava Madhana Gopala

Srivats

I have been always told , i studies in stories also , that we got 7 lives as men in this world ! there are old tamil saying which contains such information about birth.

Radhey Shyam

Srivats

Guest guest

which books you studied?

who authority told you?

what exactly are tamil saying,

please say in tamil.

jai sri prabhupada!

jai Sri krishna

when i say men i mean the people ( both male and female )

There is always mentioned in tamil stories

" ettraikkum aazhu piravikkum" - till the 7 lifes

piravi - means life

sometimes its also mentioned "erezhu " - means 2*7 = 14 lifes.

when someone curses someone in tamil , or when someone is grateful to someone else they will say " even at the end of 7th or 14th life , "

There is very popular song in tamil sung for mother.

" erazhu piravi edhuthalum vuzaithalum unakkenru naan pattay kadan theeruma ? "

which mean ,

"Hey mother even if i take 14 lifes and work for you,

will i be able to pay u back ? "

thats really nice thing to say to mother , we definetely cannot repay the love , care and affection the mother has given to us

We in hinduism praise our motehr one step above god, and we always respect and get ashirwadh from mom,

As we are getting wishes from our won mother , its been beleived that , worshipping the maa to everyone , T

The Durga ( shakthi , lakshmi , sarawathi ) who takes care of the universe and all living things as mother

Ok coming back to the point about lives, its been mentioned that 2*7 = 14 lifes are not enough to pay our mother.

Sometimes its mentioned as 7 and sometimes 14

i am not sure whats all about that

Madhava Kesava Madhana Gopala

Srivats

Guest guest

some times it is said in gujarat also.

the days are 7.

so 7 or its multiples come handy.

that is all i can think of about it.

it is just a local tradition.

jai sri prabhupada!

hariom !

------

it is just a local tradition

-------

I think our ancestors have done everything with reason , said everything with valid reason behind. We need to find the reason !

Madhava Kesava Madhana Gopala

Srivats

Guest guest

i respect all hindu ancestors.

i worry more of this life and hindu rashtra for future generations. perhaps may devote my next 7 lives for it if not more.

jai sri prabhupada!

Haribol !

I started reading a book writtern a by one of the indian writer cho ramaswamy , " Where is true brahamnan ?"

Thats a wonderfull book to read , may be if i get some time , i could try to translate the story here , it has answers to almost all questions one may have on hinduism and the principles. I am lucky enough to get this book from my masters ( one who teaches me carnatic) home , we found it when we are trying to find another book. But i still feel that book has been passed to me only by my supreme master to let me know the basics , but still i feel that the hinduism is the ocean and more to learn , all i am doing is , to stand in the shore to see some part of the ocean. One may go in deep into the hinduism ocean to bring pearls of knowledge , on emay swim , one may stand at the waves , one may stand at the sand , listening to what , the pearl man experiance is and seeing how the man swims in the ocean . I am jus like the last one, i am still feeling only a pinch of it , i feel my lifetime is not enough to know it fully !

Anyway coming to the point , when we spoke about the importance of what seven janmas and everything , when i read the book "where is true brahmin " , it speaks about the

yugas ...

1.Kritha yuga ( this must be called as sathya yuga too )

2.Thretha yuga

3.Dhwapara yuga

4.Kali yuga

Kritha yuga ended by the war between Devas and ashuras

Thretha yuga ended by the war between Rama and Ravanan.

Dhwapara yuga ended by the war between Pandavas and Gauravas, its been stated that Dharama puthrar has lived as maharaja for next 36 years after the Mahabarath.

And when they heared that krishna has passed ,(as the duty of the avatar has ended ), it stated that kali yuga has started that time......

/ (can someone pls tell how krishnas last days were ?) /

Dharma puthrar has given the crown to parichith ( who is grandson of arjuna ) and left with drowpathi to himalayaas.

So it been nearly 5000 years since the kali yuga has begun and christian bible also states the same thing.

/( I know this might lead to so many discussions , i have said whatever i have read , there could be differnet of opinion and , if there is proof lets accept it ) /

The totla of all yugs can be said 43,20,000 man years, this is called " Manivarthama ".

here comes the best part of it , " Its believed that there are total of 14 Manivarthamas, and 7 are alreaady over.

The book doesnot lean much into janmaas concept , but still i am able to get answers of some part of it .

When cursing someone its mentioned that ," even for next 7 janmaas ( sometimes refered 7 generations too ), u will suffer like this "

But when showing the gratefullness to someone its been mentioned that , "even if i take 14 janmaas and work for you , i cannot repay u "

So , the clue is here, that 7 is is already over and 7 more to come ... so when cursing we are taking the rest seven into consideration , where as when showing gratitude , we are considering total 14 janmaas together , i.e. even if i take 14 janmaas ( one couldnot as 7 is alread over , but still), and work for u , i wont be able to pay you back.

This is very ciritcal and i am not able to conclude furthur , as someitmes its reffered that we are taking birth again and again in the same yuga ( i guess the birth should be once in cycle of 4 yugas ), If this is the case then 14 janmass may exceed ....

If someone knows best on it please post it...

---------

To add to it , i serached for the importance of 7 ,

and i got the below...

"

The Celestial Guardians were offered 7 janmas as devotees or 3 janmas as enemies of the Lord. The blessing in disguise was that their death would be at the hands of the Lord Himself.

Rather than being separated from the Lord for 7 generations, they preferred to be born as enemies to the Lord for 3 generations so that they could be with the Lord faster. "

You know , Ravanan , Hiranya kasibhu and Kamsan are three of them .

/( Someone knows the rest ? )/

-------------

One more for the importance of 7

7 Holes on krishnaas fluet

First Hole of the Bansri is for Shri Swaminiji and Shri Radhaji.

And next Six holes are as follow

1) For Shri Chandravaliji

2) For Sixteen Thousand Agnikumarika

3) For Cows of Vraj

4) For Haridasvarya Shri Govardhanji(Girirajji)

5) For Vrajliasth Birds,Animal etc..

6) For Devi Devta and for All the Tress etc and for all who resides in vrajbhumi.

/(Can someone explain the 6 thing , i am not able to get most of it ) /

----------

One diamond to the crown the spiritual music , the carnatic music contains 7 swaraas !

------

My search for spiritual guru is not needed i think , Krishna himself comes in various rupaas, to teach me ....

I take one step towards him , he take 100 stepts towards me !

Madava Kesava Madhana Gopala ! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Radhey Shyam

Srivats