IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Website for Vaishnava Girls

Rate this topic

Guest guest

http://www.vaishnavagirls.com/

About the academy

The foremost goal of the Vaishnava Academy for Girls is to inspire young ladies between the ages of 12 -18 to have firm faith and love for Krishna and a bona-fide spiritual master. The philosophical and spiritual position of VAG is based on the books and teachings of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.

Guest guest

I always get hope with these sort of things, while I also get fear. Are they teaching girls to be blindly submissive to authroties and men, or are they teaching them to serve and love Krishna? Not that girls should be taught to be unsubmissive, only that blind, stupid submission is very popular amongst devotees, and avoiding topics like using their intelligence before submitting is discouraged or ignored. Not trying to stirr up anything. I simply want to know. Has anyone who is not biased in that way looked into this web site or lived at that school?

Guest guest

Mother Laxmimoni and Mother Akuti have run this girls ashram for almost a decade. The academy has an extremely good reputation, not only in the Alachua community of 1,500 devotees, but all over the world. Students come from all over the world to attend the academy. They only accept girls who want to be there.

The curriculum is elaborate and exceeds State requirements. Graduates are readily accepted into local community colleges -- often on the reputation of the ashram alone (no admission tests).

In the community, the ashram girls are very much respected and seen as wonderful examples of vaishnava youth. I personally know the teacher and many of the girls and can tell you honestly that they are all extremely bright, intelligent, very Krishna conscious, and certainly not blind followers of anything.

Guest guest

Actually there is no submissiveness there. I think school for girls is a wonderful idea , but like I said earlier, one should accept krishna on her own wish. I see that girls who go to that academy are there due to their own desire. Very nice indeed.

everyone will beat a path to your (Alachuan) door.

Or as PrabhupAd said to that UNESCO rep: "Any sane man will accept."

Purity is the force. Asuras r dedicated to polluting all within reach.

Florida has those "abstinence billboards". Ideal locale 4 any celibate school.