IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Iraq War

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear friends,

The sufferings of the innocent children, women and elderly in the on-going Iraq war is painful and heartbreaking to people from other countries. Massive demonstrations go unheard. I wonder why God does not come forward to stop the killings and sufferings. Why does He just observe from a distance?

Desperate

Guest guest

God is taking care of all of us.If we sincerely pray to God and chant his holy names in a humble state of mind then negative karma of this world will go away.

Joy

Guest guest

If US is doing wrong then the price will be paid.All human beings are bound to suffer or enjoy because of their karma.There is national karma,individual karma,etc.

Saddam kills more iraqis.

Joy

Guest guest

Yes they are suffering.It's horrible.Feeling extremely sad is natural.Let's pray together my friend.

Joy

Guest guest

Well...God does not come forward to stop the killings but rather observes from a distance because God is indifferent to human suffering and pain. That is why it is important to have a personal connection with prayer to Saraswati or Krishna (etc). If you find a god who is fond of you then he/she can protect you and watch over you. For example, you can pray that your house not be burned down by evil people. Thus, if you regularly pray to Saraswati (etc) and love her she will help you because she loves those who love her.

--- A STORY ---

After half an hour or so, Krishna came out of his room and saw Narada waiting outside the door. He greeted Narada warmly but Narada was so agitated that he made only the most perfunctory of greetings. "What's wrong?" Krishna asked. "You seem upset."

Narada was so upset, in fact, that he totally forgot about the message he had come to deliver, he totally forgot that that was why he had come in the first place and he blurted out, "The watchman said you were praying."

"Yes, that is so," Krishna affirmed.

"But to whom do you pray?" asked Narada, whose confidence in the Lord was shaken by Krishna's admission.

Krishna laughed. "Do you really want to see to whom I pray? Come with me." And Krishna led Narada to his prayer room. "Here, here is my God," Krishna said.

And what did Narada see? He saw little figures, little images of Krishna's mandali. There was a little figure of Narada, of Arjuna, of all the close ones. "These are the ones I pray to," Krishna explained. "I pray to my lovers. You see, the whole purpose of creation was so that my love might flow. I eternally love my creation, but periodically I take birth to receive the love of my lovers. My lovers worship me and I worship their love for me."

---Freebird

My dear friends, God as you can see basically carries out various actions in his little play in this universe. It is he himself who has said that He comes and protects the people one way or another. So, he is coming and protecting people from saddham in the form of a thought of war. He alone causes the war, he alone pays the costs and he alone enjoys peace when it prevails. He is everything and he is untouched by anything.

thank you for reading my giant paragraph of bhakthi ( if you really read it )

Krishna's humble lover,

sudhamshu

Guest guest

did you and iraqis ever think

when saddam and his supporters would pay the price

for their karma?

Guest guest

“God is taking care of all of us.If we sincerely pray to God and chant his holy names in a humble state of mind then negative karma of this world will go away.”

If God is taking care of all of us, then why does He let little children lose their limbs due to stray shrapnels and collapsed homes in Iraq? Aren’t they too young to realize that their karma is bad? Can’t God forgive these little one and spare them from the sufferings?

“If US is doing wrong then the price will be paid.All human beings are bound to suffer or enjoy because of their karma.There is national karma,individual karma,etc.”

…..again, isn’t a 18 month toddler too young to realize that human beings suffer or enjoy because of his/her karma? What can the little child learn from the suffering?

“Well...God does not come forward to stop the killings but rather observes from a distance because God is indifferent to human suffering and pain. That is why it is important to have a personal connection with prayer to Saraswati or Krishna (etc). If you find a god who is fond of you then he/she can protect you and watch over you. For example, you can pray that your house not be burned down by evil people. Thus, if you regularly pray to Saraswati (etc) and love her she will help you because she loves those who love her.”

I just checked with the dictionary and found out that the word ‘indifferent’ means ‘Showing no care or concern in attitude or action’. Doesn’t God really care for His own creations? Does everyone need to have a ‘personal connection’ with God before God cares for him/her?? How does a 6 month old toddler attain the personal connection with God?

“My dear friends, God as you can see basically carries out various actions in his little play in this universe. It is he himself who has said that He comes and protects the people one way or another. So, he is coming and protecting people from saddham in the form of a thought of war. He alone causes the war, he alone pays the costs and he alone enjoys peace when it prevails. He is everything and he is untouched by anything.”

How does war protect people? What I see on tv is the suffering and deaths of innocent lives. I don’t think this is the way God protects the people.

“did you and iraqis ever think when saddam and his supporters would pay the price

for their karma?”

Saddam will be punished by God. There’s no doubt. But, what about the innocent children?

Guest guest

"But, what about the innocent children?"

depending upon the past live's karma

the children may or may not be innocent.

however i belive US is making every effort to save innocent lives. that is dharma.

if you see the hstory, all muslim invaders fist kill kafirs and destroy temples. in contrast, bush spares mosques and saves innnocents, even feeds them.

i believe krishna is happy with him.

jai sri prabhupada!

Guest guest

The first error you have made in your thinking process is to have thought of God as something separate and

and apart from you and from the Universe. This is evident in the way you formulate your statement - question.

Try to think about the following reality: "There is not a single thing in the Universe that it is not God"

As such, Who or What doing anything to who or what? In the Universe, there is no such a thing as good or bad.

Except that thinking makes it so!

There is no need to be "Desperate." Observe and do not judge the manifestations taking place in the Universe.

""There is not a single thing in the Universe that it is not God" Yes. But God is also seperate from everything in the universe. That is the teaching of simultaneous oneness and difference --- achintya bheda bheda tattva --- which Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu preached.

His Divine Grace A.C Bhaktiveanta Swami Prabhupada, the Founder-Acarya of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, once gave the example of the sun to illustrate this teaching. Without the sun there is no sunshine. But you cannot equate the sunshine with the sun.The energy and the energetic are simulatenously one and different.

Similarly, without God, there can be nothing. But you cannot equate everything to be God. Krsna Himself refutes this pantheist theory in Bhagavad-gita:

maya tatam idam sarvam

jagad avyakta-murtina

mat-sthani sarva-bhutani

na caham tesv avasthitah

"By Me, in My unmanifested form, this entire universe is pervaded. All beings are in Me, but I am not in them." (Bhagavad-gita 9.4)

Guest guest

“The first error you have made in your thinking process is to have thought of God as something separate and and apart from you and from the Universe. This is evident in the way you formulate your statement - question.

Try to think about the following reality: "There is not a single thing in the Universe that it is not God". As such, Who or What doing anything to who or what? In the Universe, there is no such a thing as good or bad. Except that thinking makes it so!”

Thanks for your help. But, I’m more confused now because the happenings that I observe around the world seems contrary to the presence of a supreme divine power. I am now back to the drawing board: Who is God? Is it me?

Please help.

I am now back to the drawing board: Who is God? Is it me?

Louis Armstrong was once asked for a definition of jazz and his reply was: "Man, if you have to ask what it is, you’ll never know."

Similarly, if you have to ask whether you are God, you're not God.

God, by definition, doesn't have to ask anything. He is never confused.

Guest guest

"Thanks for your help. But, I’m more confused now because the happenings that I observe around the world

seems contrary to the presence of a supreme divine power. I am now back to the drawing board: Who is God?

Is it me?"

No need to be confused. Maybe I should have said Krishna instead of God. Thus, allow me to restate the statement:

There is not a single thing in this Universe that is not Krishna. Furthermore, have no doubts that you, like everything

else in the Universe is Krishna, God, Buddha, Jehova, Ala, etc., etc. There is something else you should know:

Every single thing in the Universe has to have an opposite, like a coin! A coin can not possibly exist if it were missing

the opposite side. Go into samadhi, nirvana, meditate and unite 100% with Krishna, Brahma with the Essence of

the Universe and you will realize not only what has been stated but that you too are the Universe and that events

are happening according to the Universal plan. Whatever it may be.

Think peace all the time and practice peace all the time. In fact, do whatever it may be necessary for you to become

peace and there will be peace. Think Universally, you will understand everything.