IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

Future of Madhva Vaisnavism

Rate this topic

I'm not qualified to discuss the philosophy of Madhva vs. Ramanuja. But I was recently thinking of how many Sri Vaisnava temples I have seen the U.S. but I am unaware of even one expressly Madhva temple in the United States. I have heard that Madhva's tend to be very caste conscious, and so perhaps the idea of having temples in the U.S. or other western nations doesn't appeal to them. I think if this is the case, they will become more and more left behind in the world. How big is Madhvaism in India right now? Are they expanding, growing?

Guest guest

HK's the followers of prabhupada are in gaudia- madhva sampradaya.

so they are in madhva's line already.

do the work of KC and not worry about madhvas.

Though I'm not very much qualified to discuss the growth of Madhva philosophy, I can say by experience that Madhva Vaishnavism is practiced nicely in South India (especially in states of Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh). I don't know how good it is in Tamil Nadu and other states.

I have seen 2 types of Madhvas:

1) Who support the Hare Krishna Movement and agree that the Hare Krishna Movement is a sub-division under Madhva Sampradaya.

2) Who do not support the Hare Krishna Movement. They even avoid their children from visiting Radha Krishna temples. These days by the efforts of ISKCON devotees, this has been reduced to a great extent. We can see more Madhvas in ISKCON temples these days.

From my personal experience, I have seen many great teachers of the Madhva community appreciating the efforts of ISKCON. One thing I can say is that Madhavas (those who are really devoted) are more co-operative in the recent days and are not very caste conscious at this time.

There are many great teachers in the Madhva line to whom we have to humbly bow down.

I have a big dream in my life. I hope that all the devotees from Madhva, Sri, Gaudiya and any other sampradaya come together and join hands so that we can all stand on a common ground. I'm sure we can all agree on atleast few common points mentioned in the scriptures.

This is the time for all the Vaishnavas to respect other Vaishnavas from different sampradayas. All of us have to understand that the main aim of all these various sampradayas is to devote ourself and glorify the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

Guest guest

actually all the vedic people (advaitis included) need to unite and taclek the threat in india from teh non vedic enemies invader ideologies who are up to destroy the vedic culture entirely right in the hime of the vedic culture, india.