IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

inspiration and initiation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am wondering what the relationship is between being initiated by someone and being inspired by someone. I took the definitions from the on-line Websters dictionary.

Main Entry: in·spi·ra·tion

Pronunciation: "in(t)-sp&-'rA-sh&n, -(")spi-

Function: noun

14th century

1 a : a divine influence or action on a person believed to qualify him or her to receive and communicate sacred revelation b : the action or power of moving the intellect or emotions c : the act of influencing or suggesting opinions

2 : the act of drawing in; specifically : the drawing of air into the lungs

3 a : the quality or state of being inspired b : something that is inspired <a scheme that was pure inspiration>

4 : an inspiring agent or influence

Main Entry: ini·ti·a·tion

Pronunciation: i-"ni-shE-'A-sh&n

Function: noun

1 a : the act or an instance of initiating b : the process of being initiated c : the rites, ceremonies, ordeals, or instructions with which one is made a member of a sect or society or is invested with a particular function or status

2 : the condition of being initiated into some experience or sphere of activity : KNOWLEDGEABLENESS

Guest guest

I seem to have lost this. How to get it back?

Not only does Lord Aniruddha help fruitive actors by elevating them to the higher planetary systems, but He also helps the devotee engage in devotional service by dint of His inexhaustible energy. Just as heat is the source of material energy, the inspiration of Lord Aniruddha is the energy by which one can engage in executing devotional service. SB 4.24.37 purport excerpt