IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
kailasa

Brahma-samhita

Rate this topic

For example -

"Bhajami means to do bhajana, but in our sampradaya

bhajana means something more than that which is described in Brahma-samhita.

It not so -

" In the millions and millions of universes there are innumerable planets, and each and every one of them is different from the others by its cosmic constitution. All of these planets are situated in a corner of the brahmajyoti. This brahmajyoti is but the personal rays of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Govinda, whom I worship. " This mantra from the Brahma-samhita is spoken from the platform of factual realization of the Absolute Truth."

----This mood of high separation. Therefore by simply intellectual reflections it is impossible to achieve spiritual life.

"Govinda is not the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

Rather, His qualification is that He is always following Srimati Radharanis orders."

----It is simple interpretation, it not the truth. They take words sastra and put in them incorrect sense. At least they should not refer on SP, because he speaks another -

"Direct servants of Lord Krsna are Srimati Radharani

"And among all the gopis, the best is Srimati Radharani. Her determination to serve Krsna is beautifully described in this verse from Srila Rupa Gosvamis

"Even the gopis of Vrndavana regard themselves as Krsnas maidservants. Srimati Radharani prays, “O My Lord,... reveal Yourself to Your maidservant, who is very much aggrieved by Your absence”

"...Actually, Radharanis also lesser than Krsna. Shes dasi, maidservant. Shes always thinking how She shall be perfect dasi. Shes not thinking that... Krsna sometimes makes Radharani greater than Him. That does not mean Radharani thinks like that. Radharani always thinks, "How I shall become perfect maidservant of Krsna?" That is the real position, everyone. In the Caitanya-caritamrta youll find how everyone is thinking of servant of Krsna. That is our real position. But Krsna sometimes elevates some of His devotees.

Just like Mother Yasoda. Hes thinking, "Mother Yasoda is greater than Me." Or He is making Radharani, I mean, Mother Yasoda feeling like that, that "I am protector of Krsna. If I do not feed Krsna nicely, He will die." This is called vatsalya-rasa, paternal feeling. So nobody is greater than Krsna actually. And she is feeling greater than Krsna as also maidservant, that "I must serve Krsna. I must timely give Krsna food. I must timely raise Krsna." Always taking care, always anxious that "Krsna may not be in danger. Krsna is crawling. He may not go to the water. He may not be attacked by the monkey. He may not be..." So many. Shes always anxious. Shes doing her household work, but shes always anxious how to protect Krsna. So she is thinking, she is thinking that "Unless I give protection to Krsna, Krsna may be facing with so many dangers." But Krsna is doing His business.

Radharani, uh, Mother Yasoda, keeping Krsna underneath the cart, and Krsna is breaking the cart, killing the Sakancsura. And Mother Yasoda thinking Krsna is saved. Then when the cart was broken, the utensils scattered, and she became anxious. This is Krsna’s enjoyment, to deal with His devotee in different rasas and enjoy. Sakhya... Santa dasya sakhya madhurya vatsalya. In this way Krsna is always enjoying. He has no other business than enjoyment. Anandamayo bhyasat. Hes by nature simply enjoying. Enjoying. That is Krsna.

----Siksastaka it is mood acaryas, not other speculations.

"However, when Krsna is absent, the lover experiences the rasa of vipralambha (separation), which itself produces a specific kind of wonderful transcendental bliss. In answer to one of Lord Mahaprabhu's questions, Ramananda Raya described (Sri Caitanya-caritamrta Madhya 8.194) the wonderful bliss the devotee feel in separation from Krsna, a bliss he called vivarta. Therefore what seems here to be suffering is in truth the highest spiritual bliss." from Jaiva dharma

----It concerns to Gaura lila in what that of a degree.

"...Guru is secondary, another mercy of Krsna. Krsna is helping within and without. That without help is guru, Krsnas representative. So Krsna is always ready to help us, and when Krsna is helping us, it is very easy to understand Him. Therefore a devotee is beyond all doubts. Beyond all doubts. There is no doubt. Not that blindly we are accepting Krsna as the Supreme Personality of Godhead. No. We have got all our arguments, scientific, philosophical, anything. Then we accept Krsna. That acceptance is nice. That is uttama-adhikari.

"They never said, "I have seen Krsna dancing with the gopis. Last night I saw." (laughter) This is sahajiya. This is not mature devotee. This is called... They are called sahajiya. They take everything very cheap—Krsna very cheap, Radharani very cheap—as if they can see every night. No. The Gosvдmis do not teach us like that.

The Bhagavad-gita (10.10–11) confirms emphatically that the pure devotees, who are constantly engaged in the loving transcendental service of the Lord, are directly advised by the Lord, so much so that the devotee unwaveringly makes progress on the path home, back to Godhead. Pure devotees of the Lord are therefore not proud of their definite progress, whereas the nondevotee speculator is in the darkness of illusory energy and is very much proud of his misleading knowledge based on speculation without any definite path. Lord Brahma wanted to be saved from that pitfall of pride, although he was posted in the most exalted position within the universe.

Lord Brahma is the topmost devotee of the Lord within the universe, and therefore the Personality of Godhead replied to his four principal inquiries in four important statements, which are known as the original Bhдgavatam in four verses.

Good qualifications can be expected only from a pure devotee, who is always engaged in the thought of the Lord, or in samadhi, with faith.

But if one becomes enlightened by association with a pure devotee of the Lord, one can understand ones actual position as an eternal servant of God. By rendering such service, one dissolves his attachment to the material world and the reactions of his previous activities, and as a surrendered soul he is endowed with unlimited spiritual freedom in the service of the Lord. In this regard, the Brahma-samhita (5.54) states...

"This booklet is only the fifth chapter of the Hymns of Brahma which were recorded in a hundred chapters. The Supreme Lord Sri Caitanya picked up this chapter from the temple of Adi-kesava at Tiruvattar, a village lying under the government of Travancore, for the assurance of all God-loving, and especially Krsna-loving, people in this conditioned jurisdiction. This booklet can easily be compared with another book which passes by the name of Srimad-Bhagavatam. Though it has got a reference in the pantheon of Puranas, the Bhagavatam corroborates the same idea of this Pancaratra.

The devotees should consider that these two books tend to the identical Krsna who is the fountainhead of all transcendental and mundane entities and has a manifestive exhibition of the plenary variegatedness.

Aspersions of calumniation are restricted in the limited world, whereas transcendence cannot admit such angularities being an angle of 180 degrees or void of any angular discrepancies.

The publisher is carried away to the realm of gratitude when his stores of publication are scrutinized. Thakura Bhaktivinoda has given an elucidatory purport of the conception of the most sublime fountainhead of all entities in Bengali, and one of his devout followers has rendered that into English for propagatory purpose.

Siddhanta Sarasvati

Shree Gaudiya Math,

Calcutta, the 1st August, 1932."

"In the temple of Adi-kesava, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu discussed spiritual matters among highly advanced devotees. While there, He found a chapter of the Brahma-samhita.

"Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was greatly happy to find a chapter of that scripture, and symptoms of ecstatic transformation—trembling, tears, perspiration, trance and jubilation—were manifest in His body.

"There is no scripture equal to the Brahma-samhita as far as the final spiritual conclusion is concerned. Indeed, that scripture is the supreme revelation of the glories of Lord Govinda, for it reveals the topmost knowledge about Him. Since all conclusions are briefly presented in the Brahma-samhita, it is essential among all the Vaiсnava scriptures.

----This insult to think that SP only of beginnings.

"A learned scholar who has studied the Vedas perfectly and has information from authorities like Lord Caitanya and who knows how to apply these teachings can understand that Krsna is the origin of everything in both the material and spiritual worlds, and because he knows this perfectly he becomes firmly fixed in the devotional service of the Supreme Lord. He can never be deviated by any amount of nonsensical commentaries...