IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
anadi

Glorifying Srimati Radhika pleases Krsna at most

Rate this topic

Srila Maharaja then led the devotees in singing Srimati Radharani's astakam,

Sri Radha-Krpa-Kataksa-Stava-Raja,

after which he explained that the verses in this bhajana are just like mantras (

mantra does not mean "prayer"; it is the actual presence of the mantra's istadevi or worshipable deity)

and in fact every word in each verse is also a mantra.

This bhajana is just like a desire tree;

it can fulfill all of our desires.

Also, every verse of Srimad Bhagavatam is a mantra,

and one can attain siddhi (perfection) from each of them.

These verses can fulfill even the topmost desire,

but unfortunately we have no faith in this.

We are chanting the maha-mantra and we have no faith in it;

but this and all other mantras are truly kalpa-vrksa, desire trees.

Every sloka of Srimad-Bhagavatam is like kama-denu

(the cows of Goloka Vrndavana, who can fulfill all of one's desires).

Not only one kama-denu – each sloka can be compared to millions of kama-denus.

Ananga-ranga-mangala-prasanga-bhangura-bhruvam…

[in the immensely auspicious drama enacted with

loving playfulness (prema-vilas)

on the amorous battlefield,

your eyebrows curving like bows suddenly unleash the arrows of your sidelong glances,

piercing Nanda-nandana with amorous delusion and

bringing Him under reverential submission…].

In this verse, every word is a mantra which describes the moods of Srimati Radharani,

and especially Her topmost moods of madanakya-mahabhava.

These moods can be understood

only by the mercy of Guru and Vaisnavas,

and also by those who have previous samskaras

(impressions on the heart made by devotional activities of this and previous lives).

Asesa-hava-bhava-dhira-hira-hara-bhusite

[You are adorned with all Your various deep emotions (anuraga, dhiradhira, kilakincita, etc.)

for Krsna, which shine on Your person like a diamond necklace].

Hava is explained in Srila Rupa Gosvami's Sri Ujjvala Nilamani.

They are gestures of Radharani such as Her sidelong glances towards Krsna, and also the tilting of Her head.

When She acts in these ways, Krsna becomes completely powerless and begins trembling.

Bhava means ecstasies or moods, or a combination of varieties of moods like kilakincita bhava, and these are also elaborately explained in Sri Ujjvala Nilamani.

If one is qualified

he can read Sri Ujjvala Nilamani,

but he must do so under the guidance of exalted Vaisnavas.

In that way, by the mercy of Guru, he can realize all those moods.

These verses can give you the highest perfection.

These mantras and guru are so powerful that by their mercy they can manifest all transcendental moods and deep meanings in your heart.

Unfortunately, however, we have no faith in guru or the power of the mantras.

(as spoken further by Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja)

Nitamba-bimba-lambamana-puspa-mekhala-gune [Your rounded hips are decorated with dangling flowers and tiny tinkling jeweled-bells hang from the flower belt on your charmingly slender waist]. No one can explain the meaning because it is unfathomable, and . In his realized state he could only write down his realizations in his books. Later, when Srila Visvanatha Cakravartipada read them, he began laughing and feeling shyness in his heart. Thus, he was qualified to give a tika (commentary) on the verses of Srila Rupa Gosvami.

We are really very unfortunate: we have the opportunity for this type of wealth, but still we try to collect the wealth of this material world. The bhavas of Srimati Radharani are the most valuable wealth in this world. Anyone who has once tasted this wealth can reject all material wealth. Unfortunately, however, we are still searching for insignificant material wealth.

Srila B.V. Narayana Maharaja then led the devotees in singing Krsna Deva! Bhavantam Vande, and then explained that

if you want to please Srimati Radharani,

you will have to sing Krsna Deva! Bhavantam Vande;

this song especially gives Her pleasure.

And, if you want to please Yugala Kisora,

both Radharani and Krsna,

you must sing Sri Gaura-gita.

This song, which reveals the moods of

Srimati Radharani and

also of Caitanya Mahaprabhu,

gives great pleasure to Yugala Kisora.

aradhananam sarvesam

visnor aradhanam param

tasmat parataram devi

tadiyanam samarcanam

"O Devi, the most exalted system of worship

is the worship of Lord Visnu.

GREATER than that is the worship of tadiya,

or anything belonging to Visnu."

Everything connected to the Lord is worshipable.

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu instructs us that just as Krsna is worshipable, Krsna's place, Vrndavana, is also worshipable.

And as Vrndavana is worshipable,

similarly the paraphernalia in Vrndavana--the trees, roads, river, everything--is worshipable.

A pure devotee

thus sings, jaya jaya vrndavana-vasi yata jana:

"All glories to the residents of Vrndavana."

If a devotee has a staunch devotional attitude,

all these conclusions will be awakened or revealed within the heart.

[in the early morning of September 14th, in order to commence the celebration of Sri Radhastami in the opulently decorated Sri Kesavaji Gaudiya Matha in Mathura, Srila Narayana Maharaja requested Krsnadasa Brahmacari to lead the assembled devotes in singing Sri Krsna Virahe by Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura. Then, he explained some of the verses as follows:]

sri krsna-virahe, radhikara dasa, ami to' sahite nari

yugala-milana, sukhera karana, jivana chadite pari

["I am absolutely unable to tolerate Sri Radhika's pitiable condition when She is suffering in separation from Sri Krsna, but I am fully prepared to immediately give up my life for the sake of Their happy reunion." (verse 1)]

Only under the guidance of Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura is it possible to render service to Srimati Radhika. In the mood of a maidservant of Srimati Radhika, Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has written that he cannot tolerate Radhika's condition during the time of Her separation from Krsna. On the other hand, for Their meeting together, he is prepared to easily give up his life.

radhka-carana, tyajiya amara, ksaneke pralaya hoya

radhikara tare, sata-bara mari, se duhkha amar soya

["If I were ever to renounce Radhika's lotus feet for even a instant, I would be totally devastated. For Her sake I will gladly tolerate the pain and agony of death hundreds of times." (verse 2)]

Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura is saying: "I can give up anything. I can even give up Krsna, but I cannot give up the lotus feet of Radhika even for a moment. For the service of Radhika I am prepared to die hundreds and millions of times, but I could never tolerate giving up Her association for a second. When will that day come that I can render some service to Her lotus feet? How can I have attachment for this Radhika, and how can I attain the perfect service of Her lotus feet?

e heno radhara, carana yugale, paricarya pabo kabe

haha braja-jana, more doya kori, kabe vraja-vane laibe

["When will I be able to serve Radhika's two lotus feet? Alas, I beg you all, O residents of Vraja, please be merciful to me now. When will you take me into the forests of Vraja?" (verse 3)]

vilasa manjari, ananga manjari, sri rupa manjari ara

amake tuliya, loho nija pade, deho more siddhi sara

["O Vilasa Manjari! O Ananga Manjari! O Rupa Manjari! Please lift me up and bring me close to your own lotus feet, thereby bestowing upon me the ultimate perfection." (verse 4)]

Weeping bitterly, Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura is praying, "O Vrajavasis, please be merciful to me! Place me in the service of the Divine Couple; and especially place me in service of Radhika's lotus feet. When will that day come that Sri Vilasa Manjari and others will take me to Vraja? I long to render service."

[The devotees then sang Srila Gaura Kisora dasa Babaji Maharaja's Uddesye Racita Gita Boliya Pracalita, (The Song Glorifying the Life Goal of Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami)]

[The following is the first Bengali verse and the complete English translations:]

Kothaya go premamyi radhe radhe

Radhe, radhe go, jaya radhe, radhe

Where is She who is full of prema? All glories to Sri Radha. (1)

O Radha! Please give me Your darsana and save my life. Your wretched beggar calls out to You, "Radhe, Radhe!" (2)

O Radha, You enjoy pleasure pastimes in the forest of Vrndavana, wherein You enchant the mind of Krsna. (3)

O Radhe,You are the crest-jewel among Your eight principal sakhis. O Radha, daughter of Vrsabhanu Baba. (4)

Raghunatha dasa Gosvami was always calling out, "Radhe! Radhe!" (5)

…sometimes at Kesi Ghata, sometimes at Vamsi Vata. (6)

…sometimes in Nidhuvana, sometimes at Seva Kunja. (7)

…sometimes at Radha Kunda, sometimes at Syama Kunda. (8)

…sometimes at Kusuma Sarovara, sometimes at Giriraja Govardhana. (9)

…sometimes at Talavana, sometimes at Tamalvana. (10)

Raghunatha dasa wears simple cloth which appears to be dirty because he is always rolling on the earth crying out, "Radhe! Radhe!" (11)

Calling out "Radhe! Radhe," his eyes are bursting with a flood of tears. (12)

He wanders throughout the lanes of Vrndavana crying out, "Radhe! Radhe!" (13)

He knows nothing but Radha-Govinda throughout the day and night (56 dandas: 1 danda= 24 minutes). Radhe! Radhe! (14)

He takes rest for only 4 dandas (1 hr. 36 min.) At that time he receives darsana of Radha-Govinda in his dreams. Radhe! Radhe! (15)

[srila Narayana Maharaja:] Srila Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami has heard about Sri Sri Radha-Krsna from Srila Svarupa Damodara, Srila Raya Ramananda, Srila Rupa Gosvami, and especially from Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, and thus he is giving this tattva. Srimati Radhika is Govinda-nandini, and there is nothing higher than this.

Srila Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami has revealed some of the names of Radhika in his Caitanya-caritamrta Adi-lila chapter four. One of Her names is Govinda-nandini. Govinda is the controller of everything. He is the extreme limit of the conception of the Supreme Lord, Krsna. He has unlimited opulence and sweetness. Who can give happiness to Him? Only one can do so - Krsna Himself in the form of Srimati Radhika.

She is also Govinda-mohini. Krsna attracts all living entities, including animals, trees, and creepers. He especially attracts all of the Vraja gopis, but Radhika can attract Him. Krsna bewilders everyone in this world by His maya-sakti, and in the spiritual world He bewilders all by His beautiful form, qualities, and pastimes. He can bewilder everyone, yet Radhika can bewilder Him.

Radhika is Govinda-sarvasya. She is everything to Krsna. She is the all in all of Krsna; for Him, nothing remains outside Her.

Sri Radha is Sarva-kanta siramoni, the crown jewel of all Krsna's beloveds. All the gopis were searching for Krsna after His disappearance from the rasa dance. When Her own svapaksa gopis (the gopis in Her personal group) saw Her footprints along with Krsna's, they became very happy, knowing them to be Hers. However, when the other groups of gopis saw those footprints, not knowing to whom they belonged, they could only understand that this particular gopi had served Krsna more than any other, and therefore He had left the rasa dance with Her alone.

Sri Radha Herself has become Candravali and all the other gopis. There is no other beloved of Krsna – only Srimati Radhika. Srimati Radhika Herself has become all the Laksmis, and all the queens of Dvaraka. If one thinks deeply about this, he will understand Her greatness. Sita-devi and all the Laksmis are manifestations of Radha, and she assumes these forms to fulfill Krsna's desires.

Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja Prabhupada continued:

She is Krsna-mayi; She sees Krsna everywhere – inside and outside of Herself. Wherever Her mind or senses go, it is only to, for, and about Krsna. When She sees a tamal tree She thinks, "Oh, there is Krsna." Her name is Radhika because She fulfills all the desires of Krsna and because He Himself worships Her. An example of His worshipping Her is when He took Her to a solitary place after leaving the rasa dance, at which time even the vipaksa-gopis (rival party) also confirm this. Radhika is Para-devata, just as Krsna is: She is the most worshipable of all. Moreover, She is worshiped by Krsna Himself. Is she not therefore worshipable by everyone?

Once Radhika asked Vrnda-devi, "Where are you coming from?" Vrnda-devi replied, "I'm coming from Radha-kunda, and I saw Krsna there." Radharani asked, "What was He doing?" Vrnda-devi replied that He was dancing. Radha then asked, "Oh, who was His dancing teacher?" Vrnda-devi told Her, "Your reflection, Radhika, which He sees in every tree."

Whatever prema exists in this world comes from Radhika. She is the mother of everyone because she nourishes everyone by giving them prema. Krsna is the principle Deity of all jivas, and Radhika is also. This is confirmed in the Brahma Samhita:

ananda-cinmaya-rasa-pratibhavitabhis

tabhir ya eva nija-rupataya kalabhih

goloka eva nivasaty akhilatma-bhuto

govindam adi-purusam tam aham bhajami

["I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, who resides in His own realm, Goloka, with Radha, who resembles His own spiritual figure and who embodies the ecstatic potency (hladini). Their companions are Her confidantes, who embody extensions of Her bodily form and who are imbued and permeated with ever-blissful spiritual rasa."]

Guest guest

Krsna-rupini: She expresses Herself as the form of Lord Krsna. (Nectar Books, Radha-Krishna Nectar "108 Names of Sri Radha", trans. Dasaratha-suta dasa, p.141)

"I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, who resides in His own realm, Goloka, with Radha, who resembles His own spiritual figure and who embodies the ecstatic potency (hladini). Their companions are Her confidantes, who embody extensions of Her bodily form and who are imbued and permeated with ever-blissful spiritual rasa."

Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja Prabhupada continued:

Sri Radhika is Sarva-laksmi-mayi, which means that all the various gopis emanate from Her, and She is therefore the adistatri-devata (predominating deity) of all the sakhis. As many beloveds as there are, She is their controlling deity. She is Kanti, which means that during rasa-lila, only She could fulfill the desires of Krsna. There were hundreds and millions of gopis dancing, but when Radhika left, the rasa dance stopped. Krsna appears as Mahaprabhu in order to taste all of Radhika's loving moods, because He cannot do so in Vraja-lila.

What are Krsna's thoughts when He is in Mathura and Dvaraka and feeling separation from Radhika? He prays to Her, "O Aradhya! O most worshipful Radha! My mind always remains with You. I'm always anxious for the dust of Your lotus feet. Somehow, in some form, I stay in Vrndavana. O Srimati Radhika, In search for You only am I roaming in those forests and playing on My flute. O Radhike, I go to the Yamuna, not to take bath, but only to meet with You. Otherwise there is no need to go there. I sit on the bank of Yamuna only to meet with You and serve You."

"I stopped grazing cows, and I stopped all other activities. Seeing Your beauty I became uncontrollably eager; My eyes moved here and there and My mind was restless. I used to wait underneath a kadamba tree, thinking, 'When will She come by this way?' I am meditating upon Your qualities, and upon Your beauty which is like the auspicious svati-naksatra constellation. The skylark (cakora) won't drink any other water besides the water coming from the clouds at the time of the svati constellation. Similarly, I am like a cakora bird, and Your beauty is like rain falling during the svati constellation. I am eagerly waiting to have Your darsana. Your beauty and qualities steal My heart. I don't want it to steal My heart, but I forget everything else in My separation from You."

Guest guest

Krsna-rupini: She expresses Herself as the form of Lord Krsna. (Nectar Books, Radha- Krishna Nectar "108 Names of Sri Radha", trans. Dasaratha-suta dasa, p.141)

Radha-paramodaya: He is supremely manifest only because of Radha.

Radhika-parama-prana: He is enthused with supreme life-force only by Radha.

(Srila Prabodhananda Sarasvati Goswami)

Guest guest

..."I stopped grazing cows, and I stopped all other activities. Seeing Your beauty I became uncontrollably eager; My eyes moved here and there and My mind was restless. I used to wait underneath a kadamba tree, thinking, 'When will She come by this way?' I am meditating upon Your qualities, and upon Your beauty which is like the auspicious svati- naksatra constellation. The skylark (cakora) won't drink any other water besides the water coming from the clouds at the time of the svati constellation. Similarly, I am like a cakora bird, and Your beauty is like rain falling during the svati constellation. I am eagerly waiting to have Your darsana. Your beauty and qualities steal My heart. I don't want it to steal My heart, but I forget everything else in My separation from You."

Radha-sambandha-sunyanam-prananam-apy-upeksakah

Radha-sambandha-gandhaika-trnake-'pyatama-vikrayi

* He completely neglects even His own life-breath in apprehension of being separated from Radha and even topics related to Radha.

* He even offers His soul unto a blade of grass that carries a mere scent in relation to Radha.

Radha-viraha-vihvalah

Radhika-.-vikruta-svatma

* He is overwhelmed with feelings of separation from Radha.

* He has sold His own soul to the feet of Radha.

(Srila Prabodhananda Saraswati Goswami)

whose hearts become joyful reading such descriptions.

Radha-sambandha-sunyanam-prananam-apy-upeksakah

Radha-sambandha-gandhaika-trnake-'pyatama-vikrayi

* He completely neglects even His own life-breath in apprehension of being separated from Radha and even topics related to Radha.

* He even offers His soul unto a blade of grass that carries a mere scent in relation to Radha.

Radha-viraha-vihvalah

Radhika-.-vikruta-svatma

* He is overwhelmed with feelings of separation from Radha.

* He has sold His own soul to the feet of Radha.

All glories to the honourable guest.

Hearing this, Radhika replies, "O Prananatha, lord of my life's breadth, I am Your eternal servant and You are My life and soul, the only love in My life. I surrender Myself unto Your lotus feet. You may love Me or neglect Me in Your life or by Your mind. You can leave Me and thus bring Me suffering. Whatever You desire, Your happiness is My happiness and Your life is My life. I don't want anything other than Your happiness in My life. As You realize My happiness and sorrows, so I can realize Yours. You feel happiness by seeing Me, but by seeing You I become millions of times more happy. There is no comparison to My happiness in these worlds. I am happy only by seeing Your happiness. I am always blissful because I have no concept of the happiness of others; I only desire Your happiness. I want to see Your happiness from morning to night, and night to morning.

"By seeing Me You become happy, and therefore I decorate Myself in many ways with srngara (ornaments) and alankara (decorations). I do this for You only; I do this because by seeing Me with all these ornaments and decorations You feel great happiness. I dedicate Myself unto Your lotus feet only to increase Your satisfaction and fulfill Your desires. I become so happy when You say to Me, 'You are My beloved, My bihari, My mistress, My life and soul.' No one can understand the happiness that I feel; and there is no comparison to it in this world.

The debt of Krsna

na paraye 'ham niravadya-samyujam

sva-sadhu-krtyam vibudhayusapi vah

ya mabhajan durjara-geha-srnkhalah

samvrscya tad vah pratiyatu sadhuna

["I am not able to repay My debt for your spotless service, even within a lifetime of Brahma. Your connection with Me is beyond reproach. You have Me, cutting off all domestic ties, which are difficult to break. Therefore please let your own glorious deeds be your compensation." (SB 10.32.22)]

And now He confirms this when He tells Sri Radha, "I am so indebted to You. How can I become free from this debt? Please be merciful; <font color="blue"> You are the abode of mercy</font color> . Only You can give Me love and fulfill My desires."

CC Madya lila 13.151

"Sri Krsna continued:

'All the inhabitants of Vrndavana-dhama--My mother, father, cowherd boy friends and everything else--are like My life and soul.

And among all the inhabitants of Vrndavana,

the <font color="blue"> gopis are My very life and soul</font color> .

Among the gopis,

You, <font color="red"> Srimati Radharani</font color> , are the chief.

Therefore <font color="red"> You are the very life of My life </font color> .

PURPORT by Srila BV Svami Prabhupada

Srimati Radharani is

the center of all Vrndavana's activities.

In Vrndavana, <font color="blue"> Krsna is the instrument of Srimati Radharani </font color> ;

therefore all the inhabitants of Vrndavana still chant "Jaya Radhe."

From Krsna's own statement given herein, it appears that Radharani is the Queen of Vrndavana and that

<font color="blue"> Krsna is simply Her decoration</font color> .

Krsna is known as Madana-mohana, the enchanter of Cupid,

but Srimati Radharani is the enchanter of Krsna.

Consequently Srimati Radharani is called Madana-mohana-mohini,

the enchanter of the enchanter of Cupid.

Vrndavana is Radhamayi. It is made of Srimati Radhika, and

everyone there is bhava-vibhor,

lost in transcendental sentiments.

The devotees here have just sung a bhajana in which they prayed, "I don't want to leave Vrndavana", and

the main cause of that prayer is the variagated moods of Radhika and their depth of absorption.

When Uddhava saw the moods of Radhika at

Uddhava-kyeri, he became stunned like a wooden doll. Earlier he had been with

Nanda Baba and he was very moved by his moods and amazed by his deep love.

However, when he later saw the transcendental ecstasies of divyonmada and

citra-jalpa in Radhika, he became stunned in helplessness.

Srila Rupa Gosvami has written, "I am standing on the shore of the

fathomless, bottomless, endless ocean of rasa in which there are

various ripples and waves, and after seeing it I am explaining a portion

of it in Ujjvala-nilamani."

Spoken by Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja

PURPORT by Srila BV Svami Prabhupada CC Madya lila 13.151

Srimati Radharani is

the center of all Vrndavana's activities.

In Vrndavana, Krsna is the instrument of Srimati Radharani ;

therefore all the inhabitants of Vrndavana still chant "Jaya Radhe."

From Krsna's own statement given herein, it appears that Radharani is the Queen of Vrndavana and that

Krsna is simply Her decoration .

Krsna is known as Madana-mohana, the enchanter of Cupid,

but Srimati Radharani is the enchanter of Krsna.

Consequently Srimati Radharani is called Madana-mohana-mohini,

the enchanter of the enchanter of Cupid.

Comment:

We taste the sweetest nectar in knowing the dominance Srimati Radharani

holds over Sri Krsna, keeping Him firmly under Her control in every respect.

Just as loyal fans cheer their home team's victories but support them no

matter what, so too do we take Her side and sympathize with Her, not Krsna,

under all circumstances.

While this may appear heartless towards Him, actually He finds it

most relishable. Appreciating this and dove-tailing our hearts with

those of Her girlfriends, wholly committed only to Her, the inner gates are

quickly opened to us. It is this "mine of nectar" which attaches us

spiritually, while simultaneously detaching us materially.

Otherwise, our study of external objective truths, without taking this

particular subjective position personally will never bear the fruit

we truly desire in the form of fixed faith [nistha], let alone bring us that

intense taste [ruci] which inspires the required Raganuga Bhakti that will

lead us to fulfill our eternal spiritual goals.

Sri Radha must therefore become our all-in-all, internally as well as

externally [devotional service by the merciful grace of Sri Guru and Sri

Gauranga]. This is very briefly the inner focus of those following Srila

Rupa Goswami/manjari, immediately available to all whose hearts can

recognize and respond. It does not in any way preclude the necessity of

constantly chanting the Holy Names with the proper attitude, and certain

other externals.