IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
anadi

Glorification of Krsna pleases Srimati Radhika

Rate this topic

Mathura, India: August 31, 2002

After Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Gosvami Maharaja led the devotees in singing Sri Nandanandan-astakam,

he explained that this song is the vandana

(prayers of glorification) of Krsna.

Hearing this song pleases Him,

but He is most pleased when the devotee worships and glorifies those who are most dear to Him.

If one does vandana of pastimes such as those found in Sri Ujjvala Nilamani and other Gosvami granthas (scriptures) wherein Krsna bows His head at the lotus feet of Srimati Radharani,

Krsna will be most pleased.

Srila Maharaja said that if we really want to please Krsna,

we should sing Radha-Krpa-Kataksa-Stava-Raja,

which is the glorification of Srimati Radharani.

Therefore this song, Nanda-nandanastakam,

which indicates the glorification of Krsna,

gives pleasure to Sri Radha.

Srila B.Vedanta Narayana Maharaja then led the devotees in singing

Krsna Deva! Bhavantam Vande,

and then explained that

if you want to please Srimati Radharani,

you will have to sing Krsna Deva! Bhavantam Vande;

this song especially gives Her pleasure.

And, if you want to please Yugala Kisora,

both Radharani and Krsna, you must sing Sri Gaura-gita. This song, which reveals

the moods of Srimati Radharani and also of Caitanya Mahaprabhu,

gives great pleasure to Yugala Kisora.

The author of this song, Sri Radha-mohana dasa, is a highly qualified Vaisnava in our sampradaya.

In the last line of his bhajana he sings,

paramakincana-kincana-nara-gana-karuna-vitarana-silam

[i hanker to relish the unparalleled pastimes of the greatly munificent Sri Gaurasundara, who distributes mercy in the form of nama prema to the supremely fortunate niskincana souls (those whose only possession is love of Krsna)].

He considers himself to be very akincana (fallen and worthless). Although he is very great, still he says, "I am akincana.

" Ksobhita-durmati-radha-mohana-namaka-nirupam-lilam

[the fallen and foolish Radha-Mohana sings in a mood of great distress].

Duramati – here he says, "I am duramati. I am a very low-minded person."

Ksobhita means one whose heart is disturbed. Why is the author's heart now disturbed?

Nidhuvana nagari mohita-manasa-vikathita-gadgada-bhasam

[The heart of Krsna, in the form of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, is thoroughly immersed in Srimati Radhika's unnatojjvala prema. That Caitanya Mahaprabhu now lovingly extols Sri Krsna in a choked voice].

Nidhuvana is one of the topmost vanas (forests) in Vrndavana, where Yugala Kisora enjoy Their sweet pastimes.

Srimati Radharani is the nagari (heroine) of this Nidhuvana.

Here, Krsnacandra serves Srimati Radharani from the beginning to the end of night, and

still He cannot serve Her completely.

By remembering this type of pastime,

Radha-mohana dasa's heart is agitated.

This pastime of Nidhuvana is the crown jewel of all pastimes (lila-mukut-mani).

Hearing this, Srimati Radhika becomes shy and replies, "O Syamasundara, O You whose eyes are like lotus petals, O You who are the son of Vraja-raja. You steal My heart. To meet with You I shall give up all the rules and regulations of society. I will leave My in-laws house, I will give up all consideration of shyness, of receiving respect from others, of religion, and of irreligion. I want to come to You and keep You as My own. I want to keep You, even for a moment, but I am only a village girl. I have no quality at all and I am not beautiful. You, on the other hand, are extremely qualified and beautiful, and You are the ornament of Your dynasty. There is no rasa in me. I have no idea about rasa, whereas You are the abode of rasa. You are the ocean of mercy, so please bestow Your mercy on Me. This is My desire."

Without the mercy of Srila Rupa Gosvamipada and Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, no one would have been able to write about these topics. The conception that Radhika is the center of all is exclusively for those in our Gaudiya Sampradaya. We have the speciality of thinking, "Krsna is feeling separation from Radhika." No other acaryas can write about all the truths present herein.

Srila Gaura Kisora dasa Babaji Maharaja is glorifying and praying to Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami in his kirtana called, Uddesye Racita Gita Boliya Pracalita. He says there that Raghunatha dasa Gosvami was always roaming, sometimes in Nidhuvana and sometimes in Vamsivata, and calling out, "Radhe! Radhe!"

Gaura premanande

Spoken by Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja Prabhupada

Guest guest

...Without the mercy of Srila Rupa Gosvamipada and Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, no one would have been able to write about these topics. The conception that Radhika is the center of all is exclusively for those in our Gaudiya Sampradaya. We have the speciality of thinking, "Krsna is feeling separation from Radhika." No other acaryas can write about all the truths present herein.

Srila Gaura Kisora dasa Babaji Maharaja is glorifying and praying to Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami in his kirtana called, Uddesye Racita Gita Boliya Pracalita. He says there that Raghunatha dasa Gosvami was always roaming, sometimes in Nidhuvana and sometimes in Vamsivata, and calling out, "Radhe! Radhe!"

Gaura premanande

Yes, yes, YES! Anyone who is unable or unwilling to accept this simple fact belongs in another sampradaya, or maybe none at all. Realizing Radha in this way, everything else naturally follows, as Krsna follows Her. She alone remains the essential essence who clarifies all confusion and answers all questions.

Guest guest

...To meet with You I shall give up all the rules and regulations of society. I will leave My in-laws house, I will give up all consideration of shyness, of receiving respect from others, of religion, and of irreligion. I want to come to You and keep You as My own...