IndiaDivine.org

Udara nimittham....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have been writing from ‘Deva Bhoomi ‘, Uttaranchal. I in fact visit this bhoomi at least twice a year, once in winter and once in summer.

I do not come here to visit the ‘devas’ dwelling here. Nor those asuras in saffron garbs who have swallowed public land, built palatial dhams, maths and mandirs here. These asuras fight among themselves, grab each other’s land and some of the lesser mathadhipathies you can see in the karagruha of Dehradun and Hardwar. Some arrested for embezzlements of trust funds, some for gang wars and some for sodomy.

( I am not telling that all Maths and Ashrams are like this, but most of them are). But the genuine ones are not such pompous.

Then there is lesser saffronites… those who bargain and fight for dakshina will not leave you alone.

Gods and goddesses are sold and bought. New comers are allured into jyotisha, tantras and mantras

And the swamijies will arrange anything for a true seeker.. from charas and ganja to women and wine(though liquor vends are prohibited here).

And the Ganga… ‘Ram teri ganga mailee ho gaya, papiyom ka paap thote, dhote ‘( Ram your ganga has become unholy, washing and washing the sins of the sinners). It is a dumping ground. At places the water is not even fit for saucha-kriya. You can see the dead bodies of holy cows and unholy men who wanted

to reach the Kailash via Ganga, floating around. Tons of eating material (prasad), of flowers and what not…. Ganga is not flowing… she is weeping aloud… But, alas, those swamijies in palaces, making tons of money out of Ganga, cannot hear her wail.

Rishikesha cannot reside in Rishikesh, Hari or Hara in Hardwar and Vishwanath in Varanasi. For Ganga

has lost it’s tharangam …

All ‘Hindu’ centres of pilgrimage are like this. Whether it is Vaishnodevi, Varanasi , Tirupati or Sabarimala. Tout swamijies and swamijies with clout, political and economic fleecing innocent bhakts.

That is our centres of pilgrimage today.

What my great Acharya said two millennia before stands correct and apt even to this day:

“Udara nimittham bahukruta vesham”.