IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
vsdprasad

Pickle question...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have an electric maker from Teldon Canada, but the cultured grains grow and become so potent they now work even in the fridge. Even without the electric maker, it can be made in about 12 hours at room temperature, though the maker gives more consistent results and is helpful until the grains grow bigger and become stronger. The kefir is much more liquidy than yogurt, unless you strain it for awhile.

The tiny grains come in a sealed foil package and are placed into a little plastic cup which floats on top of the milk. Once they are used for soya they can't be used for cows milk, and vice versa. The soyamilk should be original or unflavoured. Some brands seem to work better than others [Vitasoy is good]. Here's some info I found in a search that might be helpful:

Kefir_making/messages/15150

I have tried soy milk,and I actually like it alot,or at least the vanilla flavoured any way.I like the plain in cereal. Now I have tried some soy cheese that I got from Wal-mart called,"Veggie Chef's Award",in medium cheddar flavour,that wasn't too bad as long as you didn't eat it alone.It is put out by Galaxy Nutritional Foods. Right now I have the little 8 oz. block, but I think it comes in slices, too. I had used it on a cracker or on soy veggie burgers,and it wasn't too bad..But alone, no,I don't think so.Of course,in all honesty,I don't think any of it is going to taste as good as the old timey hoop cheese,as they call it. I haven't tried the soy yogurt yet, though. From looking at the post, I may not want to.. Debbie

No, I never tried the yoghurt and after the info I don't think I'm going to waste my energy on it.

BTW Theist, what breatharian lifestyle means?

Were you trying to live on air only? Just breathing....

Yes.Just air. In my defense I was young and naive. OK a little stupid. /images/graemlins/smile.gif My plan was to work my way through a raw food only diet with veggies, fruits and nuts. Then go to Fruit and nuts for a while until I reached a level where I could live on fruit only. I was then planning on purifying each cell so perfectly from fruit that I could gradually transition in less and less fruit and more and more air and juices.Then to fruit juices only. The idea was to live on deep slow breathes eventually and convert the nitrogen in the air into protein.

I never really got firmly into the fruitarian stage though. I did however become very skinny.:) And also overly sensitive to the atmosphere of the city,and that wasn't pleasant. Loud sounds from buses and trucks seemed like they would bounce violently off my aura.

I went back to more veggies and fruit volumn wise until I found something that worked well. Then when I was eatting sumptously, mostly raw but with a lot of steamed veggies as well, I started to feel quite good again.

Basically good diet but I was way too fanatical. The pendulum alwas stops in the middle.

Yes, but its not like I ever got to a point that I didn't cheat. Sometimes I would suddenly become OVERWHELMED with a desire for chocolate bars and other times potato chips. When these cravings struck I was powerless to resist and would pig out big time.

The guilt would then arise, then a short fast to compensate and then another pig out session was inevitable again.

I was suffering under delusions of grandeur big time. I should offer this on the joke thread but here goes.

I remember just before I arrived one day for the Sunday feast stopping and looking at the Temple. I decided that I would move in shortly. I also thought that it would take four years to become completely self-realized/KC and at that time Prabhupada would send me to India to accept my own disciples.I thought I was already nearly Brahman realized. LOL I'm serious, I thought like that. I did move in and lasted less the seven months. Discipline is not my strong suit as it turns out. Funny to think back sometimes.

No pigs.No NO NO pigs. But I would sit down and consume a whole bag of chips at once with unusally great gusto.That and/or several big candybars at once with pepsi or something.

I still think the more we can accomodate a raw food (salads juices,nuts and fruit diet)the better off we will be. But I'm still going for a samosa now and then.And soups also are great and strengthening.

I do know I couldn't maintain my health on the typical temple diet with all the sugar and ghee. But that's just me.

Why 4 years? Any reason?

On my case, I thought I was almost pure before joining and the moment I got my beads I started chanting 16 rounds every day and that made me "instant pure" or PDS (pure devotee syndrome). It didn't help that I was the first one to get initiated in my country without living in the temple because I was a minor and in all the tests about Bhagavad Gita and Bhagavatam I got the best marks beating everybody else. My memory was incredible, now I hardly remember my own name. More ego with the sankirtan scores, one Maharaja named me the "Queen of sankirtan". Those were the days. I was happy but I think I was a pain for the other devotees. Wonder were they are now.