IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

my favorite foods

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Haribol, my favorite foods are cereal with milk and whole wheat toast slathered in butter. It seems that such foods are okay to offer to the Lord, although they may be factyory produced, Any devotee imput on these foods? Also popcorn with butter and brewers yeast?

These three dishes, a person could live on such combinations, will not contribute to health problems (other than chloresterol, which is seldom a problem for lacto-vegetarians.

hare krsna,

Guest guest

I know prabhupada really liked those wheat puffs cereal, i can't remember exactly what they are called. The person (Kellog) started producing what became known as the Kellog's cereals, because of his religeous beliefs that people should eat simple foods that did not arouse the mind and senses. So what you suggest is probably a pretty good idea. My only concern would be maybe not too much butter.

Yesterday I inspected the local Kellog's factory for compliance with our state's air quality regulations. They passed with no violations. Actually they have pretty sophisticated air pollution control systems. I only buy organic cereals though.

Hare Krishna

Guest guest

My friend, for all I know - Prabhupada actually pronounced that popcorn is Vedic food and can be offered to the Lord, to the great rejoyce of everyone present...bon appetit!