IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

inauspicious day today

Rate this topic

Look out. Be careful. On this day I was born. Calamities are likely. Disasters of various kinds guarunteed.

Born on- Jan. 9th, 1952

Place-Bend Oregon USA

Time- 5:10 am

Any astrolgers out there who can tell me what the future holds? Any breaks coming my way or can I expect more of the same ... for years to come.

I used to think I shared this day with Elvis Presley. Then I found out his birthday was on the eighth. So who was born on the ninth along with me? Richard Nixon. Need I say more.

Thanks Prasadji,

i don't celebrate birth and death but these are also good days to remind us of our awkward predicament caught in samsara as we are.

Please pray for me that I may be relieved us this curse.

Livingentity,

My only fear is that Nixon may have been born in the morning also, but I hope not. I picture him as a twilight arrival bt who knows.

Leave it to you to find the one drop of honey in an otherwise empty jar.

haribol

Celebrity birthdays for January 9th:

Dave Matthews 1967

Crystal Gayle 1951 (Wow, she's a whole year older than you! Don't it make your brown eyes blue?)

Jimmy Page 1944 (You're not trying to buy a stairway to Heaven, are you Theist Ji?)

Joan Baez 1941 (I heard she never liked devotees, wanted nothing to do with them. But don't think twice, it's alright.)

Bob Denver 1935 (The maha-mantra will take you home, Bob, not West Virginia.)

Richard Nixon 1913 (He was tricky alright. But at least he wasn't a crook, or so he says.)

January 9th Birthdays

that Denver. What was the singers first name? Unfotunately I resemble that character more then I wish to admit. Wait wasn't he also Manard G. Krebs from Dobbi Gillis?. "What? Me work", I kinda like that one.

I think if are under 50 this won't make sense but don't worry.

Funny as I wrote that I knew I would be giving away my age somewhat! Oh well, it is only the body right?

John Denver was the singer.

Yep, Bob Denver was Krebs in Dobie Gillis - how in the world can I remember back that far?????

Zelda, Dobie and Krebs. We are indeed victims of pop culture.

Now Krebs is in my own disciplic line which began with our adi-acarya Alfred E.Neuman. Its kind of a loose line.

But we don't worry and we don't work.

LE your email is not shown so i will ask Jndas to email you with mine and you can then send me yours with any questions on the flat.

hare Krsna

You have an interesting horoscope. Do you want a public reading or a private one?

I have no idea what LE and you'd been talking. My proof that I'm not 50.

I hope many laughs come your way this year!

One of my friends told me that one of our neighbors was in Gilligan Island, don't know the character name, may help to tell you he is black. Or maybe I'm completely confused and he is from a different show.

atma you can do astrology? it has always baffeled me. I have had a computerized Western chart done as well as one from the vedic perspective and I cannot understand either one.

We who grew up in that particular period of American life have lots of odd imagery floating through our skulls.

Public is cool. I can't be embarassed anymore. Also it might be interesting to others. Any comments would be appreciated.

LE was a reference to Living Entity.

I don't remember any blacks on Gilligans Island. I remember Ginger though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Atma says"I have no idea what LE and you'd been talking. My proof that I'm not 50."

Showoff!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Theist, men always remember Ginger!! Women always remember the professor - unless of course they are gold diggers then it is Mr. Howe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gaurachandra, Chances are I'll remember Ginger at the end of this round. Please pray to Krsna for me so that he will intervene and award me a good dose of undeserved grace.

No more birthdays I pray. I haven't a chance but perhaps by the vaisnava's mercy I have a prayer.

You made it just under the wire. We are both on Pacific time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I goofed regarding Bob Denver. Yeah, Maynard. I never actually understood what a beatnik was, but Maynard seemed to be the poster-boy. Later on, I found out that Allen Ginsburg, who was friendly with the devotees and with Srila Prabhupada in the early days, was known as a "beat poet." Thus, the word "beatnik." I suppose the "beat" was an era (late 50's, early 60's?) which spawned the hippie movement of the mid-60's.

If it's any consolation, Maynard's buddy Dobie was "The Thinker". Hey, if you wanna be a devotee, you gotta be thoughtful and introspective, which you certainly are.

I was born the same year as you, but you're my senior god-brother by about 10 months. Anyway, Happy Birthday. Just curious, but doesn't your birthday last until shortly before sunrise, according to Vedic standards?

BTW, sorry for not finishing up with that thread a month or so ago where we were discussing the Bible and flesh-eating. There was about a 3 week period there where I just wasn't on the computer much and didn't have time to do any further research. Also, I just today obtained some Calamus root, (finally!) when I went to the city. I had already called in advance at the large health food store there, but they only had calamus in tincture form, 11 bucks for just 1 ounce. So, I had more or less resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't be able to find any. However, I went to my Indian store for my annual trek to obtain some hing, and lo and behold, they had a fairly large bag of pure calamus root powder, several ounces worth, for just 11 bucks.

Just thought I'd update you on previous conversations that we had, didn't want you to think I had lost interest or was ignoring you, or whatever.

That's interesting, never heard it before. i hope that calamus works well for you. $11 for one oz of ticture is outragous. Glad you got a better deal.

i forgot where we were also. i was going to post some good mail order sources for herbs. I'll get back on it.

So you are 50 yrs in the body also. its get serious time like never before. Any moment. in the past couple of years i've come to view death as a friend and teacher. Always there hovering, reminding me of the reality of my present situation.

Hare Krsna

but I can read a little the chart. From the information that you provided your ascendant is Scorpio and your Moon is in the 7th house in Taurus.You are in the Saturn period from July 91 until July 2010.

Saturn is malefic for Scorpio rising. Your Saturn is located in the 11th house in Virgo and is lord of the 3rd and 4th house.

From April 98 until November 2005 you are passing through a period call "Sade Sati", the 7 and half years of Saturn moving across the 12th, 1st and 2nd from your natal Moon.

Right at this moment you have Saturn and Rahu in your first house from the Moon. Saturn will go back to the 2nd in April, now is retrograde in the 1st. During June 2000 and July 2002 when Saturn was transiting your 1st house it may had give you, personal crisis, weakness of health,visits to foreign lands, sinful temptations,responsibilities.

In the second house gives financial expenses, sickness to family members, tendency to speak critically, dietary restrictions.

It would be nice if you feed or donate to the poor, the elderly and the lame and offer grains to the birds specially on Saturdays. Practicing neutrality to external events and periods of observing silence will help too.

Color to wear in Saturday is black or dark blue.

Good aromas for Saturn are sandalwood, frankincense, cedar and juniper. The Ayur Vedic formula Triphala is specific for Saturn, as it cleanses all waste materials and also tonifies the deeper issues.

Saturn requires self discipline, renunciation, surrender, detachment, objectivity, and doing of good karma (bhakti yoga) Prayers, atonement, pilgrimages and giving of charity cleanse the influence of Saturn.There should be an strict routine in life and the following of an authority or tradition.

Saturn is good in the 11th house. The person with this placement may own property or buildings (saturn is also lord of the 4th in your case). You may gain through publishing, imports,agriculture and natural products of the earth. You may have far reaching goals and ambitions.

I concentrated now in Saturn because you are in the major period and you're going though sade-sati. It is a lot more to it.

You have an exchange between the 1st and 12th house and Venus and Mars.

The 12th house signifies material losses, renunciation for spiritual gain, the next life, participation in charity, expenses of money, alienation and the search for liberation, pleasures of the bed. sleep, dreams.

Just try to be positive, more later.

to add that those are not my words, I just know enough where to look. Nalini's book is very good and D. Frawley's "Astrology of the Seers" helped me too. Nalini's book is "How to Read your Horoscope". Taught me a lot.

Happy Belated Birthday theist. Sorry I missed it.:( In viewing some of the post yesterday, I had not checked this section. I just looked at a sample reading of my birthday today, from I think,ivillage or something like that..You add the info like you had listed in your post, and I got two pages worth.It was amazing how much it resembled me, in most areas,not so much in a few..Once again Happy Birthday.. Debbie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif