IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
madhav

a) Prabhupada was a Hindu

Rate this topic

Dear Madhav:

I don't think anybody here is saying you must accept Srila Prabhupada. What most of us are saying is that you must accept Srila Prabhupada As He Is.

Srila Prabhupada said that he is not preaching Hinduism.he is not preaching Hinduism. He is not preaching Hinduism.Over and over he drives that point. You may accept that or you are free to reject that. But when it comes to forcibly injecting Hinduism onto Srila Prabhupada against his wishes, the followers of Srila Prabhupada must protest.

If you had met Srila Prabhupada personally and if he were to say that he isn't preaching Hinduism, what will you say to him? "No, Srila Prabhupada. You are preaching Hinduism because you are a Hindu."?

The relationship between an enquirer and a sadhu is charcaterized by submissive enquiry. That means that while maintaining an open mind, we don't try to force the sadhu to accomodate our own preconceived notions.

this is in reply to your email to me, as I said I would like to stop this useless point or argument you are presenting. I know a table from a chair, go ahead if you want to call a table, a chair- It's not my problem but yours. All I ask is to stop forcing yourself to the point of misquoting somebody who is way above you.

As you said in your last post that this tread is getting personal, it looks like you are the one who's doing it.

I am coursing this message thru this forum not by email as what you've done, so everybody will know. As what I've said try to review all the previous post in here so at least you'll know what to do.

To be honest its been a while since I've joined a forum of devotees like this and would to remain to. It's people like you that has prevented me from doing so, but being part of this forum for quite a while now I don't have any intention of doing otherwise.

I don't want to call you... Musthave prabhu either

and lastly you might want to reconsider being in America, its quite hard to practice hinduism perfectly with all those Green Day band and football on TV (per your previous post)

I hope that this will clarify my side.

I

madhav writes: what i see is that when there is no rational argument to refute points raised, some start personal attacks.

Actually, I was asking partly as a matter of courtesy and partly out of curiosity. You may take it as an attack if you like. The truth is that I'm trying to discern your purpose in raising this line of argument. I asked you directly earlier, but you chose not to respond. As a writing teacher trained in rhetoric, I know that the author's purpose and sense of who their audience is are central to effective communication.

What I see is that, according to your definition, you have decided that His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada was a Hindu. So what? I'm not trying to change your opinion but explain why those who follow him won't buy your premise.

And now are you going to tell us that "bigot prabhu" is a typo? After accepting your apology for "stoneheaded"? VBurn me once . . .

Guest guest

my dear Babhru das,

hare krishna!

please allow me to respond below.

>>Actually, I was asking partly as a matter of courtesy and partly out of curiosity. You may take it as an attack if you like. <<

no not you. however i have experienced that trend.

what ever i answer, it has no chance to help if one is not willing to see the facts and the rationale of the argument.

rather than influencing readers positively or negatively about the their judgement whether prabhupada was a hindu

by my personal good or bad credentials,

i would like my argument stand on its on

the facts and rationale contained in it.

that is the only reason i prefer to not share who i am.

i could be a goswami or a bum on the street.

i do not want it to matter.

if i ask readers to fill the following blanks,

what would be the responses?

i would accpet your argument if _____...

>>The truth is that I'm trying to discern your purpose in raising this line of argument. I asked you directly earlier, but you chose not to respond.<<

the purpose is to unite HK's with Hindus because the demoniacs are busy doing their thing. this should be clear already. the faction between HK's and Hindus is artificial, not natural, and has no real base. every one in HK has one or more reasons to not unite with any one, not even with other HK's. my purpose to unite is based on the truth. is it a devilish desire? and see how much risk i am taking. in the worst case both these parties will throw me out. so i rely on krishna.

>> As a writing teacher trained in rhetoric, I know that the author's purpose and sense of who their audience is are central to effective communication.<<

very true! dhanyawad for such respectable training.

so now i said the purpose above. i am not here to screw any one up. it may look i am an outsider, but i am an insider; or say i am alone, but with krishna.

He says:

kaunteya prtijAni hi

na me bhaktah praNashati

jai! what an insurance! what a guarantee!

we all are so lucky we know krishna.

>>What I see is that, according to your definition, you have decided that His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada was a Hindu. So what? <<

not my definition.

there are millions who can say it without any hesitation.

i am not speaking out of any drug effect.

thanks to prabhupada, i have not event tried or seen any drug.

>>I'm not trying to change your opinion but explain why those who follow him won't buy your premise. <<

future is always unknown to humans.

what happens is what krishna wishes.

>>And now are you going to tell us that "bigot prabhu" is a typo? After accepting your apology for "stoneheaded"? VBurn me once . <<

There is one poster here by the username Bigot.

i told him i do not like to call him Begot.

my spelling error is i spelled it begot.

my that post addresses two posts: yours and Begot's.

No prabhu, i do not want to go to hell by calling you a bigot. it takes time to get the message through in any direction. we the vedic people (vaishnavas included) are patient and cool. the demoniacs would pull guns without giving a chance for any second thought.

Guest guest

>>who are you to clarify and misquote a pure devotee.<<

Dear Bigot prabhu,

i am not misquoting.

i am disagreeing with sri prabhupada (with full respect to him) when he says he is not preaching hinduism.

he preached a vaishnavism which is a part of sanatana dharma. this fact does not change what he preached, it just shows from where vaishnavism is coming from.

i am not angry and will never get angry on any forum.

i see you are angry from your othe post below (as a few others may be) and so i will not address you in my posts untill you are willing to accept any response.

the demonics do not discuss.

they use mechanical devices to win.

we discuss till we feel comfortable to discuss or agree.

else we pray krishna for the other and self,

and then thank the other for the discussing.

"i am not misquoting.

i am disagreeing with sri prabhupada (with full respect to him) when he says he is not preaching hinduism."**********

Musthav, I don't know where your coming from or what you call your self but you don't disagree with a pure devotee.

Also Musthav prabhu, at first you were forcing your thoughs to Srila Prahupad, now your saying that your dissagreeing with him finally on this matter. Well your true motive is showing.

And since you say you dissagree with him, then I don't want to have anything to do with you. (this was what I was asking in my last post, your just that hard headed. Watching football too much does really affect one's thinking)

Your previous post says you were trying to clarify him and help him. Who are you in the first place???, go back to where ever it is you came from or you can go to hell and save yourself.

I am sorry for my strong words in this post, to all listers in here. I will have to close my tread.

I only hope I'm wrong Musthav coz if not then you'll know what it will mean.

>>Dear Bigot prabhu,<<

Offensive way to address someone on a vaisnava forum. Just another indication that you know little to nothing on what vaisnavism is.

>>i am not misquoting.

i am disagreeing with sri prabhupada (with full respect to him) when he says he is not preaching hinduism.<<

The term may better be called arrogance IMO.

>>he preached a vaishnavism which is a part of sanatana dharma. this fact does not change what he preached, it just shows from where vaishnavism is coming from.<<

See the posts above and try to understand. Vaisnavism is INTEGRAL to the soul.

>>i am not angry and will never get angry on any forum.

i see you are angry from your othe post below (as a few others may be) and so i will not address you in my posts untill you are willing to accept any response.<<

A bit rude though perhaps.

>>the demonics do not discuss. <<

No, they address others in an insulting tone.

>>they use mechanical devices to win.

we discuss till we feel comfortable to discuss or agree.

else we pray krishna for the other and self,

and then thank the other for the discussing.<<

Who will ever feel comfortable discussing higher subject matter with someone who calls you a bigot?

Guest guest

madhav -

Krishna says He taught this to Vivasvan, the sun God. From this we can understand that sanatana dharma is not restricted to bharath or india. it is a universal principle. even on the sun it is sanatan dharma which is practised.

take it easy on the hare krishnas. it is no use to try an convert them to indianism. we all should try to give up our mundane bodily concepts like nationality. we are spiritual and not this body.