IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

The Raelians are coming, the Raelians are coming

Rate this topic

Who the heck are these nuts? Actually I saw them on 60 Minutes a few years back. They claim they have just cloned the first human baby. Apparently they believe that aliens created mankind yada yada yada. Maybe its true. Their chief spokewoman looked like an alien /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I guess they are mostly based in Europe. Christianity will die in Europe and these New Age wackos will take over. Its over people, the end is upon us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Raelian's march in DC chanting "We're here..we've funny ears...get used to us."

Raelian's feel alienated by something in fifth canto. Should we change it to make them feel comfortable?

What if they feel underrepresented in ISKCON? Should they have a spot reseserved for them on the GBC as a minority group?

But seriously what if they are just servants of the prajapatis, the progenitors of mankind?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I think they are just a bunch of nuts who concoct this stuff.

Posted Image

"Thats no scientist, thats an Alien babeeee... Yeah... Why.. won't.. this.. mask.. come off... uhh.. urghh... why won't this mask come off...?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ever seen the television serial V? Guarantee you peel off their skin and their lizard people underneath /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

But seriously, if this child ends up physically or mentally damaged, or dies should we prosecute these nuts for murder? I think they did it outside of most countries that outlaw this, so perhaps we can't prosecute, but perhaps shut them down.

Oh yeah, also the baby's name is Eve.

Guest guest

i read about this group some time ago, i seem to remember

they follow a guy named rael or sumpin like that,

i think he used to be an actor or athlete or something ,and claims he was visited by aliens, or taken to their planet or spaceship or something.

i think it's mostly in switzerland, and i think rael

is supposedly used as a conduit for alien messages.

i'll look it up.

I just turn on Fox news and there she was. What a surprise. Do you think they were hoping for a Christmas birth?

I don't understand cloning. I have heard that that sheep Dolly, is going through rapid aging. I think it has to do with the genes from the "mother/father" sheep having already aged. The clone then takes on those characteristics. Not sure.

I find it odd that they provided no photos of the supposed cloned baby. Maybe it has two heads, no feet, or it might even look like Micheal Jackson.

Interesting story to watch.

But how did the forms on Earth become established? I do accept the extraterrestrial gentic manipulation idea in some form. How else do we explain it apart from Darwian, which i don't go along with?

Never saw V Gaurachandra. I think maybe one of the first episodes way back when. It probably shows on reruns. Everything else does.

I went to the site shiva linked us up to. lots and lots of new age crap. Courses in Sensual Meditation meant to break down our inhibitions that those pesky Christians imposed on us.

They want to build an embassy on Earth for the Raelians. They won't reveal themselves until that is done.

Like everthing else maybe a little truth here and there.

i think it's mostly in switzerland

I see. Now it makes sense. Its those chocolate munchin, swatch-watch making, leiterhosen wearing, ricola-cough suppressing, top-of-mountain yodelling, Sound of Music dancing gnomes of Zurich that are behind this conspiracy.

No doubt they are in cahoots with the true evil in the world - those maple syrup drinking, "No way eh"-saying, beaver on coin making, clean streets living, universal health care giving hosers in Canada. This was brought to our attention thanks to Ghari, who to great danger to himself was able to sneak out Canada's plan for World Domination:

Posted Image

And what do Switzerland and Canada have in common? - Thats right, the linchpin of this "Triumvirate of Evil" - the French. I'd go into a descriptive diatribe of the evils of the French, but I might get carpal tunnel syndrome.

observations there Gauracandra. The French connection deserves more attention IMO.

Hey the founder of Clonaid (sounds like a name for decongestent or something) will be on Fox at 1:00 pm pacific. Cavuto's show. It may be Rael himself. Is he French? I think he is. We shall see.

God,these people are messin' with human forms. Bizarre.

Saw the interview with Rael. He was in full costume. So they are materialists who don't believe in God but they are still seeking immortality. His idea is that once cloning is perfected you would be living through your clone as yourself and growing in life experience as you go. Yawn. Same old post dated blank check stuff from the scientists. Interestingly packaged though.

I missed it. I had to step outside for some errands. But I did catch I think a clip of this character once. As I recall, he has like a kabuki style shaved head (or is bald with hair tied back in a pony tale maybe?) and a white costume with a big collar. Am I close Theist? Am I close? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS To any Canadian, French, or Switzerlandian devotees don't take offense, its all in good, clean, xenophobic fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That's him. You nailed him perfectly, bald on top, pony tail tied back, New Age grin, the whole package.

Yes to souls in other lands, we're just joking around. You can always get us back on our spreading of superfical culture. You know, the one you complain about but support with your money. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I saw him on CNN also. Yes I watch too much cable news. Wolf Blitzer refered to his group as a religious sect. I blew up. He's an theist. So I fired off an email asking them to change that to scientific cult.

AP is also calling them a religious sect. They try to hang all that's kooky on religion. Sure we may have our share but c'mon, not everything.

The Raelians believe in an immaterial God. Rael explains that God is not a being "with a white beard sitting on a cloud who created humans in his image."(1986:41) Rather, Rael writes that God is infinite: "Those who think of God as Infinity, as most oriental religions teach, are right, in so much as it represents a concept without identity, and without consciousness of our own existence, or any other for that matter."(1986:43) The Raelians also do not believe that the soul emerges from a dead body. They believe that a soul is in a person only so long as the individual is alive. Therefore, it is not the soul, but the recreation of an individual from their DNA that enables eternal life. These two beliefs are stated clearly in Let's Welcome our Fathers from Space where Rael concludes, "There is no 'God' but there is the Elohim, our Creators,... in whom we have faith... Also there is no autonomous soul flying from the body after death, but there is the genetic code which allows access to eternal life."(1986:44)

http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu/nrms/rael.html#symbol

Guest guest

It looks a lot like a new kind of self created punishment for the faithless, a subtle twist of birth into the family of science fiction where a soul takes a duplicate of anothers DNA only to find, "Oh no, I wanted Immortality but the opposite is happening so quick, I am aging, suffering, dying in a world of misconception."

I've been wondering where the Science Fiction buffs were destined, maybe this is their sad destination.

What I found intriquing in their presentation is that while they speak much of how all the religions of the world are founded by prophets trained by the Elohim (the extraterrestials), while they frequently mention Judaism, Buddhism, Christianity and Islam, one finds no mention of Hinduism anywhere.

http://www.rael.org

http://www.rael.org/int/english/philosophy/keys/body_keys3.html

http://www.rael.org/int/english/philosophy/messages/body_messages4.html

They do quote Gandhi on occasion, but beyond this, no mention of the Hindu tradition. What a peculiar observation.

that ET's started life on this planet and all others for that matter. I just don't know the process. It must have involved genetics, right?

They at least reject Darwinian evolution.

But they also have no positive information on the spiritual side.

Guest guest

Maybe 'Star Wars' had some prescience and those bars where all the hybrid weirdos meet will be a reality in some unforseen dimention of the future.

govindam adi purusam tam aham bhajami

Stay focussed on the beautiful form of the Lord folks, how quick things can change.

be nice. Supersoul lives in their hearts to.

Yes i hear Nostradomus predicted everything.

That flying saucer in action reminds me of when i was seven and on the beach. My first ride as an'experiencer'.Ahh memories.

Even if this thing turns out to be a hoax, the thing is for a group like this good or bad publicity doesn't matter. They've been in the headlines around the world for the last few days. If it turns out to be a hoax no one will remember in a year. Meanwhile they've garnered plenty of free media exposure. Kind of odd the press would give so much attention to a wacky group, that offers no proof it has even done what it claims to have done. Must be a slow news cycle.