IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
giveawayboy

Jadurani's Visnu

Rate this topic

I had seen someone post on the old forums about this print by Vaishnava artist Jadurani. Just wanted to mention that I to had the same edition of Sri Isopanisad and I remember that picture from when I was ten years old. Apparently my mother had a copy of it which she said someone handed her in an airport. How would I know that years later I would be reading about it on this website. It remains one of my favorite images. I loved the Narasimha image too. I recently had a dream with Narasimha in it. By the way, I am not Hindu, but Catholic. Still, I love this Hindu art. I am a huge fan of Indra Sharma. I have read two versions of the Ramayana and have the Mahabharata, which I will read this year. Also, I have read at least four books by Anantanand Rambachan, whose works I like.

Thanks for having a great website.

Blessings, Bill

Yes, they could make a whole movie beginning with the devotional art.

I personally would like to see the Mahabharata done with Western technology and expertise.

But the animals cannot appreciate this greatest story ever told––only sex and violence.

by Guaracandra[qb]Imagine a 90 minute animated film of the quality of that Visnu picture. That would be glorious. [/qb]

I agree, this would be magnificent. Let's see what happens. I know that there are plenty of people out there with the skills and many who have already made film versions of these epics. Let's see what the future holds?

Ever since I read Srila Gour Govinda Swami's 'The Embankment of Separation' I thought it would make a great animated film. I could see various scenes cross cutting back and forth between Goloka and this world. Its a beautiful book.