IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Bondage in Advaitam and Dualism

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In my limited understandind, both in advaitic and dualistic conception, illusion/ignorance is beginningless. We are taught what the solution to the problem is viz liberation. And how to attain the solution via bhakti, jnana etc. But what caused the problem itself is not explained adequately. It is perhaps the limitation of the human mind in understanding the infinite.

In my limited understandind, both in advaitic and dualistic conception, illusion/ignorance is beginningless.

But what caused the problem itself is not explained adequately.

Beginning = the time when an effect manifests due to the cause.

Beginningless = that which has never been manifest by a cause.

To ask for the cause of beginningless bondage under the influence of illusion, to ask for the cause of illusion, to ask for the cause of the living entities, to ask for the cause of Hari who manifests illusion and the living entities...

Hi,

Has it ever been occured to you that when you were actually thinking about the slution the problem got clearer? That might be possible explanation. While going in the lines of the solution, one might end up realising the actual problem. I think that is why people are concentrating on the solution more than the problem itself. Probably that is why all the realised souls dont want to say anything about the problems as it more difficult to understand by normal people. So what they do is to set some guidelines for us to follow & by which our mind is able to think in those lines, so that we can understand the underlying causes. So dwelling or meditating on the soul which is infinite, might probably lead the way & is also one of the ways by which we can attain jeevan mukthi. Though our mind is limited, the soul is not. So the more we probe into our soul, the more deeper can we understand the concept of life - the beginning & its end.

PS: This is only my idea & what i have felt. I have not experienced it.

= = =

Prabhupada: Anything nonsense idea, that is not God. God has created you. You cannot create God. And they are creating God. Just like Vivekananda mission, yata mata tata patha. As many opinion you have got, you can have your religious way. Yata mata, this is their mission, yata mata tata patha, ?Whatever you are thinking, all right.? Ramakrishna, he wanted to realize God from any way. And later on he wanted to realize God by the Mohammedans? way and he asked the proprietor of the temple to allow him to take meat, cow?s flesh. So when he asked, the proprietor said, ?Please go out. Get out.? Now don?t real?, I don?t want the (indistinct). This philosophy also you can realize God in any way, yata mata. Now he wanted to realize in the Mohammedan?s way, therefore he thought it wise that he must eat cow?s flesh. These things are there.

(Philosophy Discussions > Discussions with Syamasundara Das > Hegel)

= = =

Can anyone confirm this story? Did Ramakrishna actually experiment the Mohammedan way and take cow flesh?

Hardly any Muslim thinks to follow Ramkrishna or any other religion. Due to Ramkrishna's practice of Islam, the Hindus got the illusion that Islam is as good as Hinduism or all religions are same. That and guruless sadhanas did not help any one, could not help.

Jai Sri krishna!