IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
spiritualsri

Meditation

Rate this topic

There is an excellent article entitled "The Path of Bhakti" under the Newsletters and Articles Section that provides a good overview of the different yoga processes and their results.

Just go to Main Index and follow instructions above.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna SpiritualSri,

Meditation is the process of establishing a continuous stream of thought towards Krishna.

The practise is to say:

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare.

Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare.

continuously (as much as possible) and keep thinking of Krishna and his pastimes. This is the best meditation in the age of Kali-yuga, which is the current age.

Harer nama, harer nama, harer namaiva kevalam,

kalau nasteva nasteva nasteva, gatir anyatha!

The difficulties initially would be that the mind would start getting distracted to other thoughts.

But continuously the mind should be brought under control as Krishna says:

yad yad nishcharati manas chanchalam asthiram,

tatas tadau niyamaitad atmanyeva vasham nayet.

And as much as you go on practising this may be "nth" times the grace of Krishna will come where the "n" depends on the humility, patience and forbearance that you posses and develop.

Hope you succeed fully in doing this meditation which will give you something which is incomparable even with Jivanmukti!

Finally, would like to appreciate you for the "satsangatve nissangatvam ..." from BhajaGovindam It is really very nice!

Guest guest

"Can anyone tell me as to how it will feel while pratising meditation. Cheers"

I could tell you as to How "my meditation" feels, only. I can not tell you as to How it might feel for others.

Mediation is a very personal experience. Don't be concerned with How others might feel, be concerned with

How you feel - experience meditation. Meditation is not about others, it is about you. So, just keep on

meditating and unite with Krishna, Brahma, God, etc. I can assure you that if you really want it that much you

will experience - feel what meditation really is and feels like. Meditate, Meditate, Meditate, . . .