IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Confusion about Jyotish

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krsna. PAMHO. AGTSP.

I have a Jyotish-related question. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum for that, but here goes:

I was born on May 25th 1976 in Gdansk, Poland. Depending on the hour of my birth, this makes me either an Aries (Mesha) or a Pisces (Meena). Pisces describes me much better. My problem is that I was an induced birth and a Caeserian section. My mom's water broke at 6 or 7 am, but I wasn't born until 9 or 10 pm. I was also apparently about two weeks late.

I went to vedicastro.com, and types in the following info:

Date of Birth (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/25/1976

Time of Birth (24 hrs. format): 07/25/1976

I got:

Vedic Moon: Pisces 29°30'57"

Moon's Nakshatra: Revati

Dasha after birth: Ket/Ket (m/d/y) 1/5/1977

Current Dasha: Ven/Ket/Ket

Does this look right to you?

If I change the time to the actual time that I was born by Caesarian:

Time of Birth (24 hrs. format): 21:00

I get:

Vedic Moon: Aries 5°25'2"

Moon's Nakshatra: Ashwini

Dasha at birth: Ket/Mar/Ven

Dasha after birth: Ven/Ven (m/d/y) 7/21/1980

Current Dasha: Sun/Jup/Mer

Am I Mesha or Meena? (Yes, yes I'm not the body. But is my body mesha or meena?) Do I need some other info to resolve the confusion?

Many thanks in advance for your kind help.

ys,

Guest guest

One more point:

I think that my mom started going into labour at 9am (even though her water broke 2 or 3 hours earlier) and that her labour lasted 12 hours.

ys,

I understand life to begin with the first inspiration of air.

That time is to be taken for astrological chart.

So your data is

Gdansk, Poland

05/25/1976

21:00 to 22:00

then we have to look for

lat. and log. of Gdansk

standart time used at the date

any changes as summer time, etc...

I don't have the books here, check this tread next week

are you male or female? (needed for interpretation)

your servant

dasanudasa

Guest guest

Gdansk POL 54n23, 18e40

standart time 01 east

Lagna 21:00 23 scorp 45

Lagna 22:00 06 sag 27

the sun is in 11 tau

so at sun rise your lagna (ascendent) will be taurus

+ or - 2 hours later gemini

and so on

the moon will be 05 ar 25 at 21:00

and 05 ar 55 at 22:00

when you say "I am aries"

usually you refer to ascendent not to moon

your rasi or moon-sign is aries

but your ascendent is scorpius or sagitarius

21:00 or 22:00

dasanudasa

Guest guest

Thank you for your kind help Prabhu. I am grateful that someone would go to all that effort to help me out.

You wrote:

"are you male or female? (needed for interpretation)"

I am male.

I also wanted to ask, would both Parashari and Jaimini systems calculate the ascendant in the same way? That is, would they both give the same sign for it? Do they both calculate the astrological sign (i.e. "I am Aries") from the ascendant?

I also wanted to ask about something that you wrote:

"I understand life to begin with the first inspiration of air."

Would the karma of the individual not be set at conception? Does the first inspiration of air always happen only when the child exits the womb or can it occur when the water breaks?

One more question. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Is it possible to calculate my Nakshatra, and from that my gana (guna?) using the birth info that I have posted?

Again, many thanks for your kindness.

ys,

Guest guest

I'm curious about my varna according to Jyotish.

In my chart, the ascendant is in Scorpio (which made me think Brahmana). The sun, Mercury (retrograde) and Venus are in Taurus (which makes me think Shudra). Mars and Saturn are in Cancer (again Brahmana). Rahu (retrograde) is in Libra (which seems to indicate Kshatriya). The moon, Jupiter and Ketu (retrograde)are in

Aries (which seems to indicate Vaysha).

The reason that I asked is that I saw some analyses that seemed to determine varna from ascendant, and others that seemed to do it from the moon. I also heard that the whole chart is used to determine varna. How could I determine varna from the info given in the paragraph above?

Many thanks in advance

Guest guest

Sorry for my late answer.

I haven studied Jaimini system but the ascendant is an astronomic point independent of the interpretation system used. The difference in calculation is due to precession of the equinoxes but also we have to note that some Indian astrologers, particularly Raman have different ayanamsas (precessional values). Nirmal Chandra Lahiri says that his ayanamsa is based on the star chitra being in the degree 180 of the ecliptic, just opposite to the first point of Aries.

I don’t think the karma is set at some point it is a continuous flow that depends in the previous actions from many lives, but at the time of birth the laws of karma have forced you to born in that particular condition and that in turn is reflected in the cosmological clock of the universe.

If the child aspirate inside the womb he will shallow amniotic water and his live will be in danger (it happens).

The nakshatras are 27 each of 13 degrees 20 minutes of arc, usually the nakshatra taken into consideration to say “your nakshatra” is the one in which the moon is located. There is some consideration of varna in the nakshatras but can not be taken literally (as the native being of that particular varna).

If you post a reply to let me know you are still there, I will try to give an interpretation of your map.

dasanudasa

Guest guest

I almost completely forgot about this thread. I am still here though. If you would still be willing to give an interpretation I would be very grateful. Thank you.

YS