IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

hi, i'm new

Rate this topic

Hi Victoria,

Good to have you here. If you have any questions just feel free to pose them to the group.

Aint the internet great? We've got people from Argentina, India, Australia, Canada, the U.S. etc... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

Aint the internet great? We've got people from Argentina, India, Australia, Canada, the U.S. etc...

Yes, and probably even some people from France, North Dakota, Spain, and New Jersey. Viva la Internet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Guest guest

You need not be bothering about thse question. You are already having one. Every post you are making is credit for you.

You may want to start with some of the devotional writings of Srila Prabhupad, the founder of ISKCON or Hare Krishnas as they are popularly called. If you like narratives, that is in the form of stories, then you may want to start with the book by SP titled "Krishna". If you like more philosophical type, then you can start with "Bhagavad Gita as it is". There are also a few more books meant for beginners, such as "Science of self realization". To know more about the founder himself, you may want to read his Biography - which is an excellent piece by the way.

Most of these books are available in Spanish language editions as well. And most of these are available for free on the internet as well and some member can post the links for your benefit. I think Bhaktajoy has a web page which hosts some of them. Good luck.

Guest guest

as far as i know India was the name given by colonisers, coming from the word 'indigeneous'. West Indies & Indonesia are also derived from that word. Scriptures refer to india as Bharat.

anyway welcome to all jiva souls

I'm also new and from NJ- I read King Of Knowledge by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, i feel very thankful to come in contact with real truth of mankind.

i would like to know if it's possible to study with a guru in NY? is there any masters near? please post, thank you

Hare Krishna!!!

Hare Krsna lovegod. Nice to hear that you appreciate the writing of Bhaktivedanta Swami. Our friend Tarun is very familiar with what is happening on the East coast. In the meantime post any other questions or thoughts you may have on Krsna consciousness.

Hare Krsna