IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Unsure of my spiritual direction

Rate this topic

Guest guest

dear prabhuji, you seem to be missing the point.

debbie asked why are women considered a lower birth then men.

you replied , "women have difficult responsibilities,

they give birth to children,have to raise them,and have more hardships then men."

The things i said - women are more materialistic, more attached to enjoyment, and due to the female body are more affected by sex desire and emotional instability due to

the menstrual cycle, all causing a more difficult

situation pertaining to spiritual advancement.

I have shown references to guru,shastra,and sadhu ,

all agreeing with what i have stated.

Can you show anything contrary to what i have said, and in support of what you have said ?

Dear jagat, you are wrong, the discourse of topics pertaining to the bhagavat philosophy with the vaisnavas

is part of sravana and kirtana, this is the process of gaining wisdom, by debating spiritual topics with the vaisnava one gains in understanding from those who have different perspective and knowledge of the Bhagavat philosophy, this is known as sadhu-sanga, and is highly recommended for spiritual advancement.

Guest guest

one more thing, i said in my posts that for those women who take up the process of bhakti yoga they transcend material

considerations, and anyone man or women can easily advance in spiritual life.

Nowhere did i say that women who take up bhakti have a more difficult time, only that women have more of an attachment to material life and therefore are not as prediposed to take up the process as men, but onec they take up the process there is no difference.

Dear Shiva,

When a new comer comes and poses a letter, please try to answer the same with soem valid points, and please do not use vulgar words, it is a spiritual discussion centre.

Guest guest

I'm sorry ,susha

what do you consider vulgar of the things i said,

I looked and couldn't see anything ?

Guest guest

sorry that was me forgot to log in

and debbie don't concern yourself with arguments here,

or anywhere on discussion forums, they are really

the lifeblood of these places, and all done in good fun.

A debate becomes meaningless, a mere waste of time, if it is done with an aim of having fun, as a sheer medium of having an outlet for our surpressed desires of becoming heard in this world.

Avinash,

I am sorry if I misunderstood you..Theist has assured me you are a good natured intellectual. Since I am new here, and am not familiar with any of you, I was not sure.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifI am sure in any discussion, even in spiritual ones, there is always going to be differences in opinion.But since I know there is so many people that are prejudice against people from other countries,as I know this is present everywhere,and I do not know yet who I can really trust.Most of you seem sincere in your replys, and I hope you all are.That would be a great help to me, when I have questions that I need to ask in the future. And I am sure I will have many, because sometimes I may not understand somethings that are questionable to me. I just hope every time I ask a question, it does not bring on a debate like this one has done.This one has gone on for several days now.Once again I am sorry, if I misunderstood you.

Debbie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hare Krsna debbie,

Everyone here is sincere,but that doesn't make us always right.When you ask a question the answers that come should not be accepted blindly.In the final analysis the only one any of us can trust is He who lives within our heart.Put your faith there and you can't go wrong.

Don't be dismayed at the disageements you see here. Such disagreements are good as they help us eliminate any misconceptions that we may be carrying around. And we carry a lot for sure. Plus they can be fun and serve to keep most of us off the street and out of trouble. Especially shiva /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

There is another option if you want to hear just one voice to avoid confusion. Check out the letters to the editor forum. Of course please keep posting on the general forums as well so we all get a chance to chat with you.

theist

Guest guest

well said, also about who you can trust, the books of A.C.

Bhaktivedanta are their for your benefit.

He came to America with no money, and no disciples unlike

the other Indian gurus, within a very short time

the beatles,alan ginsberg and thousands of educated

people were sitting at his feet for spiritual knowledge.

This is indicative of empowerment by God, God wanted to demonstrate to the whole world that this man with nothing but his message could become the most revered teacher of Indian philosophy of the century with the most adored people in the world as his students.

Theist,

Thanks for your comments.In some ways I know to trust what I feel in my heart. I know I need a lot of guidance, but in the long run,you are right, to trust and put the faith in Him that lives within my heart.

I guess you are right in saying that disagreements help eliminate misconceptions, that we have, as well.I guess everyone can learn something when questions, such as mine arises,but I just did not want to feel that I had started a disagreement between posters, that left hard feelings between them, because of me.I know I worry much to much about such things, and I guess that is just silly,on my part.I will try harder to not take such disagreements to heart,and will try to lighten up a bit.I am not that bad, I can assure you, but I just have to get use to all of you..

I will check out the "Letters to the Editor" forum, but I really like posting here, also. I have just got to get to know certain ones of you better.And I will, in time..

Again, Thanks for your positive comments.

Debbie

Theist,

If you wouldn't mind, could you go the the "health and well-being" forum, and answer a question I had last posted there..It is listed under "Losing weight and eating healthy".I had presented the question to jndas, but have had no response, yet. It is a question that beginning to bother me, and I do not know the answers. I do not know if it would be appropriate for this particular line of discussions. Thanks in advance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifDebbie