IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

bhakti, sastras and philosophy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

when caitanya mahaprabhu chanted hare krishna or haraye namah krishna, he was exhibiting pure love of god. alwars also exhibited pure love for narayana, rama and krishna. even though some vaishnavas here would not agree nayanmars ehxibited pure love for supreme when they worshipped siva. i guess there were pure devotees in the christian, jewish and perhaps islamic traditions as well even though i am not familiar with the names.

bhakti is a process where one develops overwhelming love for the supreme. does a bhakta need philosophy, logic or even sastras ?

Dear Ram prabhu,

i guess there were pure devotees in the christian, jewish and perhaps islamic traditions as well even though i am not familiar with the names.

This is blasphemy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bhakti is a process where one develops overwhelming love for the supreme. does a bhakta need philosophy, logic or even sastras ?

No, he doesn't. Shastras are man made and have been dynamically changing over time. A certain school doesn't become valid just because it takes recourse to shastras.