IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
anadi

love-o-logi manipulate the posted articles

Rate this topic

They first deleted the articles I wrote.

And then they made a new Thema

and posted the articles there,

in a changed form to emphasize that

the one and only one Mesia is Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada and there would be

no living sadhu anymore in our sampradaya.

In a way I understand their frustration because the perpetual problems in the mater of spiritual master in that Institution they come from.

But the problems maybe evolve because of lack of association with the sadhus, the realized exalted persons, in our sampradaya.

Loveology.com reveals their rather broad-minded attitude in their "Welcoming Advisory". In their opinion, there is only one genuine source of knowledge about love of Krishna, the unedited works of Bhaktivedanta Swami. I wonder if all the earlier acaryas' writings have just become useless over night or so?

<hr>

We welcome everyone to Loveology.com and hope you have a very nice experience in discussing and learning about Love of Godhead, Krishna.

This knowledge is very old. We would like you all to know that it is very important to make sure that you hear this science of love from bona fide, genuine and authorized source for your own development and progress. This is His Divine Grace A C Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, the Founder of the Hare Krishna Movement.

There are though various people, organizations and websites that claim to be alternatives or successors to His Divine Grace A C Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, however we would like to advise you that they are false and unauthorized. If you find anyone on Loveology.com telling you something else, please let us know.

The only genuine service and products for knowledge about Love of Krishna that are available are the original, unchanged and unedited books, audio and film of His Divine Grace A C Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. At Loveology.com we will let you know about these.

Guest guest

If they actually read his books instead of trying to reap profit from his movement,they would read in the intro to the Srimad Bhagavatam Srila Prabhupadas words that state quite clearly that if you want to delve deeper into bhakti you should read the works of the previous acharyas such as jayadeva,the six gosvamis of Vraja,Bhaktisiddhanta ,etc.

These are His instructions, to read the works that he did not himself publish,so their

stance of claiming only Srila Prabhupada as an authentic source is discredited by Srila Prabhupada himself in his seminal work, at the very beginning !

Paramahaàsa: Çréla Prabhupäda, I remember once I heard a tape where you told us that we should not try to read the books

of previous äcäryas.

Prabhupäda: Hmm?

Amogha: That we should not try to read Bhaktivinoda&#8217;s books or earlier books of other, all äcäryas. So I was just wondering...

Prabhupäda: I never said that.

Amogha: You didn&#8217;t say that? Oh.

Prabhupäda: How is that?

Amogha: I thought you said that we should not read the previous äcäryas&#8217; books.

Prabhupäda: No, you should read.

Amogha: We should.

Prabhupäda: It is misunderstanding.

Paramahaàsa: I think maybe he was thinking that there was some things about some of the Gauòéya Maöha books.

Prabhupäda: Maybe.

Paramahaàsa: And sometimes you said that better not to..., better to read your books.

Amogha: When the devotees went to India this year, they said that Acyutänanda Swami very..., chastised them that &#8220;You

should never... If I catch any of you buying Bhaktisiddhänta&#8217;s books from Gauòéya Maöha then I will take it away,&#8221; something

like this.

Paramahaàsa: Yeah, that was, the reason was because of, he didn&#8217;t want the devotees going to Gauòéya Maöha. But there&#8217;s

nothing wrong with the idea of studying the previous äcäryas&#8217; books.

Prabhupäda: No. Who said? That is wrong. We are following previous äcäryas. I never said that.

Paramahaàsa: All of your commentaries are coming from the previous äcäryas.

Prabhupäda: Yes.

Jayadharma: But that wouldn&#8217;t mean that we should keep all the previous äcäryas&#8217; books and only read them.

Prabhupäda: That is already there. You first of all assimilate what you have got. You simply pile up books and do not

read&#8212;what is the use?

Jayadharma: First of all we must read all your books.

Prabhupäda: Yes.

Paramahaàsa: Practically speaking, Çréla Prabhupäda, you are giving us the essence of all the previous äcäryas&#8217; books in your

books.

"Knowledge explained by the previous acarya like Sukadeva Gosvami and followed by the next like Suta Gosvami is always powerful transcendental knowledge, and it is therefore penetrating and useful to all submissive students."

(Srimad Bhagavatam, 2.3.25, purport)

"False devotees, lacking the conclusion of transcendental knowledge, think that artificially shedding tears will deliver them. Similarly, other false devotees think that studying books of the previous acaryas is unadvisable, like studying dry empiric philosophies. But Srila Jiva Gosvami, following the previous acaryas, has inculcated the conclusions of the scriptures in the six theses called the Sat-sandarbhas. False devotees who have very little knowledge of such conclusions fail to achieve pure devotion for want of zeal in accepting the favorable directions for devotional service given by self-realized devotees. Such false devotees are like impersonalists, who also consider devotional service no better than ordinary fruitive actions."

(Caitanya Caritamrita, Adi-lila 2.117, purport)

"A Vaisnava should study the commentaries on the Vedanta-sutra written by the four sampradaya-acaryas, namely Sri Ramanujacarya, Madhvacarya, Visnu Svami and Nimbarka, for these commentaries are based upon the philosophy that the Lord is the master and that all living entities are His eternal servants. One interested in studying Vedanta philosophy properly must study these commentaries, especially if he is a Vaisnava. These commentaries are always adored by Vaisnavas."

(Caitanya Caritamrita, Antya-lila 2.95, purport)

"Works that should be consulted are Srila Jiva Gosvami’s Tattva-sandarbha (10–11), Srila Baladeva Vidyabhusana’s commentary on that, and the following verses of the Brahma-sutra: sastra-yonitvat (Vs. 1.1.3), tarkapratisthanat (Vs. 2.1.11) and srutes tu sabda-mulatvat (Vs. 2.1.27), as commented upon by Sri Ramanujacarya, Sri Madhvacarya, Sri Nimbarkacarya and Srila Baladeva Vidyabhusana."

(Caitanya Caritamrita, Madhya-lila, 6.135, purport)

Guest guest

BBT/ISKCON cannot translate books into English that have not been translated into English by Srila Prabhupada and BBT/ISKCON cannot change/edit the English translated books that Srila Prabhupada translated

Evidence: May 28 1977 BBT / Books Conversation

Satsvarupa: Next we have a question about the BBT. At present, no translation work is to be published

without your seeing and approving it. So the question is, is there any system for publishing works in the

future that you may not see? For example, we've heard suggested that the Padma Purana or the

Sat-Sandarbha may be translated. But what would the system be to insure the parampara if you would not

personally see these translations?

Prabhupada: That you have to examine expertly.

Tamala Krsna: In other words, there's no set principle that only the works which you have already

translated can be published by the BBT. If there is some worthy translation of a bona fide Vedic

reference, if it's properly done, the BBT could publish it.

Prabhupada: That we are doing, just like Hindi. We are doing other languages. If it is properly translated, it

can be...

Tamala Krsna: Even if it's a work which you have not yet translated yourself.

Prabhupada: No, no, no, the principle is... Just like my translation, another person translating into Hindi or

other languages, we are publishing. Similarly, if somebody has translated properly, it can be published.

But amongst our disciples, I don't think there are many who can translate properly.

Ramesvara: None. We're not eager to publish anything which is not perfect, because you have already

set the highest standard for the BBT. The name BBT means the highest standard right now in the world.

Prabhupada: That is good answer.

Kirtanananda: Therefore, Srila Prabhupada, we think that you cannot leave us very soon.

Prabhupada: I don't want. But if I am obliged, what can I do?

Kirtanananda: If you don't want, Krsna will not want.

Prabhupada: A realized soul, must be. Otherwise, simply by imitating A-B-C-D will not help. My purports

are liked by people because it is presented as practical experience. (aside /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif It is within the mouth.

Bhavananda: I'm sorry.

Prabhupada: Such a nice instrument, (laughter) that it must enter into the mouth. Then it will act. That kind

of instrument not required. It must remain three miles off. Our translation must be documents. They are

not ordinary... One cannot become unless one is very realized. It is not A-B-C-D translation.

Bhagavan: It's not a matter of scholarship.

Prabhupada: And Caitanya Mahaprabhu says, amara ajnaya guru hana. One can understand the order of

Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he can become guru. Or one who understands his guru's order, the same

parampara, he can become guru. And therefore I shall select some of you. (hums)

Satsvarupa: That's all the questions.

BBT/ISKCON cannot translate books into English that have not been translated into English by Srila Prabhupada and BBT/ISKCON cannot change/ edit the English translated books that Srila Prabhupada translated

No. What he says is they must be properly translated by a qualified person.

Aside this, there are always the original works, anyone who knows Sanskrit or Bengali can read them.

Guest guest

You are not understanding. Srila Prabhupada translated books into English, yes? Yes.

These English books were then translated into foreign languages by others, yes? Yes.

There was mention in May 28 1977 Conversation about books that had not been translated by Srila Prabhupada into English, if they could translated into English by others. Srila Prabhupada refused this.

Our guest wrote: "There was mention in May 28 1977 Conversation about books that had not been translated by Srila

Prabhupada into English, if they could translated into English by others. Srila Prabhupada refused this."

stone: That's not precisely correct. Take another look:

Prabhupada: No, no, no, the principle is... Just like my translation, another person

translating into Hindi or other languages, we are publishing. Similarly, if somebody has translated properly, it can be

published. But amongst our disciples, I don't think there are many who can translate properly.

Ramesvara: None. We're not eager to publish anything which is not perfect, because you

have already set the highest standard for the BBT. The name BBT means the highest standard right now

in the world.

Prabhupada: That is good answer.

Srila Prabhupada said that "not many" were qualified. Ramesvara said "none." What Prabhupada was assenting to was the caution in the rest of Ramesvara's answer, that BBT needs to maintain the highest standard.

Do you honestly believe Srila Prabhupada intended that work on Srimad-Bhagavatam end with his last breath? If so, why did he say they had to consider how to carry on the work? Why did he say that "if somebody has translated properly, it can be

published." If we examine the entire conversation, and the bulk of his instructions (does anyone have a count of how many times he told us to write books on Krishna consciousness?), we'll see that the actual case is that he wanted his disciples, and their disciples after them, to flood the world with books about Krishna consciousness. And what books could be better than those of Rupa, Sanatan, Jiva, Visvanatha, etc.? We also need to consider that, as much as we might sometimes prefer that it had, time did not stop in May or November of 1977. Much like the ritvik idea, this is based on sentiment. The sentiment is noble and well placed, but our understanding should be based on guru, sadhu, and shastra.

Çré Sanätana Gosvämé Prabhu, the teacher of the science of devotional service, wrote several books, of which the Båhad-bhägavatämåta is very famous; anyone who wants to know about the subject matter of devotees, devotional service and Kåñëa must read this book. Sanätana Gosvämé also wrote a special commentary on the Tenth Canto of Çrémad-Bhägavatam known as the Daçama-öippané, which is so excellent that by reading it one can understand very deeply the pastimes of Kåñëa in His exchanges of loving activities. Another famous book by Sanätana Gosvämé is the Hari-bhakti-viläsa, which states the rules and regulations for all divisions of Vaiñëavas, namely, Vaiñëava householders, Vaiñëava brahmacärés, Vaiñëava vänaprasthas and Vaiñëava sannyäsés. This book was especially written, however, for Vaiñëava householders. CC Adi 5.203 pur