IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
anadi

The fountainhead of all expansions is the sweetest

Rate this topic

The higher the rasa

the sweeter is the relation with bhagavan.

When His Supremacy and Opulence is totally covered By His Sweetness

He has the Form of Brajendra Nandana Sri Krsna.

He is not less opulent or supreme, but He is the sweetest.

"When Sri Caitanya attained Sri Rangam, He was sorounded by thousands of people.

HE has a VERY BEAUTIFUL golden form, tilaka on twelve places of His body, His cloth

of the colour of the rising sun, and VERY YOUNG, Whose look is like fifteen, sixteen years old, but very big and strong, His shoulder are broad and His waist is very thin. His body is

like the body of a lion, and His eyes, oh, big lotus eyes coming round to His ears, and very

long arms, for embracing His devotees.

And He came into the temple of Ranganatha and He was doing kirtana there, dancing

and crying and trembling. Everyone was struck with wonder.

If any sanyasi comes to a town, all the Brahmins there are eager to invite him

<come and stay in my house>

So all the Brahmins there, they were thinking <perhaps this sanyasi will stay in my house>

One prominent personality Venkatha Bhata came forward and extended his invitation.

Caitanya Mahaprabhu accepted, and went to his home.

There He would have Hari katha, every day telling oh, what kind of Hari katha, can you guess?

You know He had just come from Godavari, and He has been discussing all Radha tattva with Raya Ramaananda so now His mood is very high, higher than before, because Raya Ramananda gave Him very deep teachings like He had never heard before.

So coming in the house of Venkhata Bhata He would tell VERY SWEET pastimes of Krsna

From Srimad Bhagavatam: Gopi-gita, Venu-gita... and many people would come like this:

next day twice as many, next day three times as many, next day ten times as many.

Every day many people would come in and the young boy Gopala Bhata was very happy.

Why? Now he is seeing that person he has seen in his dreams and his transcendental vision.

So automatically, he was attached to the young sanyasi, that was staying in his home.

He was seven years old and he had the chance to serve Him. When He would dress, the young Gopala would massage His feet,..And when He would go to Kaveri to take a bath,

The small Gopala Bhata would go along with Him carrying some dry coupin.

In this way a very deep love and attachement came between the young boy and Caitanya Mahaprabhu.

His father Venkatha Bhata was in the Shri Sampradaya, Ramanuja Sampradaya, and he was very happy to be in the sri sampradaya. Why?

<My Lord is Narayana, Lakshmi-Narayana, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and Caitanya Mahaprabhu, He worships Krsna, who is an expansion of my Narayana.

Narayana is supreme and from Him many avataras, Kurma, Matsya, Varaha, Parashurama, Ramacandra, Krsna comes from.> He was thinking like this.

Mahaprabhu seeing His SINCERITY and SERVICE MOOD,

He wanted to teach him real siddhanta, the actual conclusion.

But Venkatha Batha was an older person and acarya

When we are speaking with an older person in a prestigious position, in the vedic culture

We cannot give him any advice.

Anyway Caitanya Mahaprabhu is sanyasi, so He also has some position of respect in the society but He is very much younger.

So Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not try to teach Him anything, but rather He just lived with Him.

Venkatha Bhata told Him after few days:<Look, now rainy season has come.

Caturmasya has just begun on guru purnima.

Gopala Bhata has disappeared just after one week after guru purnima. I think when he was an old man and catrurmasya came, he remembered the time as he was a child and Mahaprabhu lived with his family, and feeling separation from Mahaprabhu, and could not tolerate and so on this day he met with his Lord forever.

Venkata Bhata told Mahaprabhu <You are sanyasi and in caturmasya a sanyasi don't travel here and there, therefore I invite you to spend this four month with us.

Mahaprabhu accepted his invitation. So He was staying there and after some time, one month, two months, three months what happened? If someone like Caitanya Mahaprabhu

Would stay in your house, than you would have so much love for Him, very deep attachment must come. So not in the beginning but after some time, when Venkata Bhata was so attached to Caitanya Mahaprabhu, so that the awe and reverence and ethikete have slackened, one day in a joke mood Mahaprabhu started to speek with Venkhata Bhata.

<Oh my dear Bhataacarya, I have a question on my mind>

<What is that?>

<I know that Lakshmi Devi, the goddess of fortune, she is a very chaste lady,

devoted to the lotus feet of Narayana, so I was wondering how is that she left Him and went to Vrindaban and She was doing austerities there, to get the feet dust of the Son of Nanda Maharaja?>

Venkata Bhata said <Oh, why are you saying this? Is there any evidence?>

Mahaprabhu said <Yes, have you seen Srimad Bhagavatam < asya na bhavosya na deva vidmahe tamanga renu...adikaraha> (Sorry I cannot spell the Sanskrit, maybe RAGA will help me this time too)> The wives of Kalya serpent when they were praying to Krsna they said

<Oh, my Lord we don't know how it is possible that our husband, this veil wicked snake has got your foot dust on his head, because even Lakshmi Devi, she did not attained this even if She did hard austerities for a very long time>

When Caitanya Mahaprabhu showed Him this sloka, Venkhata Bhata was astonished.

Why? He is a great scholar of Srimad Bhagavatam, but he never noticed this verse.

Bhagavatam is like that, is full of secret things. Unless one is not coming in the line of Caitanya Mahaprabhu he cannot understand Srimad Bhagavatam

<jaha ...vaishnava rastane ei kanta rasaya koro caitanya carane>

(Please help with the right quotation and spelling)

<If you want to understand Srimad Bhagavatam you have to take shelter of the lotus feet of

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu> and hear it from a vaishnava in his line.

So then he was astonished, but he said <listened there is no problem at all because

<siddhanta tvasta bede'pi shrisha krsna svarupaya> (please help with right quotation)

according to philosofical principles krsna and narayana are the same person.

So if Laksmi-devi would live Narayana to go to Krsna, then She is not unchaste.

It is only that Narayana is playing the role of Krsna, so She is not unchaste.

Mahaprabhu said that He accepts that She is not unchaste but He has another question.

And Venkatha Bhata said <Go on.>

<If Krsna is actually her husband, and she wanted to take His foot dust, why is it that She did not get it, and She was unsuccessful>

Venkhata Bhat said <Oh, what you mean?>

Mahaprabhu said <Look Srimad Bhagavatam Canto 10 Chapter 47

(Sorry for the spelling, please give the right quotation)

nayam sri yangam...

Udavaji in glorifying the gopi of Vrindaban said

<alas alas, this gopis are so great, because krsna give so much mercy to them,

that was never given to Laksmi devi (nayam sri yangam),

never given to Rukmini and Satyabhama, never given to the associates in Mathura, Dwaraka, Ayodia, Vaikuntha, what to speak of the ladies in the heavenly planets

Svargaloka or ladies in this earthly world, never. But krsna gave a special favour to the gopis

that was not given to anyone before.

What was that ? He danced in rasa-lila with them.

He kept His arms around their necks and looked lovingly into their eyes and begged them <oh, please never live me, if you will live me I will die.>

Did krsna say this to anyone, have you seen krsna doing rasa-lila in Dwaraka?

Quiet impossible!

Do you think that Narayana has done rasa-lila in Vaikuntha?

No, Laksmi-devi has never seen.

She was wondering, she heard about rasa lila and She thought

<I never knew that my husband could dance,

He never dances for me, He never sings for me, I have never seen Him playing flute or anything for me. I want to go and live with Krsna.>

From this evidence Caitanya Mahaprabhu proved to Venkatha Bhata that Laksmi-devi

though She wanted it, though She fulfil everyone's desire, her desire was not fulfilled."

Spoken

By Srila Bhaktivedanta Aranya Maharaja

"Oh my dear Bhataacarya, I have a question on my mind"

"What is that?"

"I know that Lakshmi Devi, the goddess of fortune, she is a very chaste lady,

devoted to the lotus feet of Narayana, so I was wondering how is that she left Him and went to Vrindaban and She was doing austerities there, to get the feet dust of the Son of Nanda Maharaja?"

Venkata Bhata said "Oh, why are you saying this? Is there any evidence?"

Mahaprabhu said "Yes, have you seen Srimad Bhagavatam " asya na bhavosya na deva vidmahe tamanga renu...adikaraha" (Sorry I cannot spell the Sanskrit, maybe RAGA will help me this time too)" The wives of Kalya serpent when they were praying to Krsna they said

"Oh, my Lord we don't know how it is possible that our husband, this veil wicked snake has got your foot dust on his head, because even Lakshmi Devi, she did not attained this even if She did hard austerities for a very long time"

When Caitanya Mahaprabhu showed Him this sloka, Venkhata Bhata was astonished.

Why? He is a great scholar of Srimad Bhagavatam, but he never noticed this verse.

Bhagavatam is like that, is full of secret things. Unless one is not coming in the line of Caitanya Mahaprabhu he cannot understand Srimad Bhagavatam

"jaha ...vaishnava rastane ei kanta rasaya koro caitanya carane"

(Please help with the right quotation and spelling)

"If you want to understand Srimad Bhagavatam you have to take shelter of the lotus feet of

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu> and hear it from a vaishnava in his line.

So then he was astonished, but he said "listened there is no problem at all because

2siddhanta tvasta bede'pi shrisha krsna svarupaya" (please help with right quotation)

according to philosofical principles krsna and narayana are the same person.

So if Laksmi-devi would live Narayana to go to Krsna, then She is not unchaste.

It is only that Narayana is playing the role of Krsna, so She is not unchaste.

Mahaprabhu said that He accepts that She is not unchaste but He has another question.

And Venkatha Bhata said "Go on."

"If Krsna is actually her husband, and she wanted to take His foot dust, why is it that She did not get it, and She was unsuccessful"

Venkhata Bhat said "Oh, what you mean?"

Mahaprabhu said "Look Srimad Bhagavatam Canto 10 Chapter 47 "

(Sorry for the spelling, please give the right quotation)

nayam sri yangam...

Udavaji in glorifying the gopi of Vrindaban said

"alas alas, this gopis are so great, because krsna give so much mercy to them,

that was never given to Laksmi devi (nayam sri yangam),

never given to Rukmini and Satyabhama, never given to the associates in Mathura, Dwaraka, Ayodia, Vaikuntha, what to speak of the ladies in the heavenly planets

Svargaloka or ladies in this earthly world, never. But krsna gave a special favour to the gopis

that was not given to anyone before.

What was that ? He danced in rasa-lila with them.

He kept His arms around their necks and looked lovingly into their eyes and begged them "oh, please never live me, if you will live me I will die."

Did krsna say this to anyone, have you seen krsna doing rasa-lila in Dwaraka?

Quiet impossible!

Do you think that Narayana has done rasa-lila in Vaikuntha?

No, Laksmi-devi has never seen.

She was wondering, she heard about rasa lila and She thought

"I never knew that my husband could dance,

He never dances for me, He never sings for me, I have never seen Him playing flute or anything for me. I want to go and live with Krsna."

From this evidence Caitanya Mahaprabhu proved to Venkatha Bhata that Laksmi-devi

though She wanted it, though She fulfil everyone's desire, her desire was not fulfilled."

Spoken

By Srila Bhaktivedanta Aranya Maharaja