Guest guest

yes it is expensive, although it is concentrated

and does not take much.

it is also the spice that gives paella it's distinctive

flavor and delicious taste, the vegetarian version

can be made, artichoke hearts are a good ingredient

as well as cashews, paneer(fresh cheese),

or tofu.

The best saffron I've bought is Persian saffron. I bought it at a Persian store in San Diego, and it was relatively inexpensive-- a good-sized bag for $9.00 It has a deeper color and much stronger fragrance and flavor than any of the much-more-expensive Spanish saffron I've used. I really miss this, since I use it regularly in my sadhana.

Found on web:

'Dried flowers of saffron are the world's most expensive spice as it takes approximately 70,000 flowers to obtain half a kilogram of saffron.' Used mainly in Moghul style cooking, saffron adds a golden yellow color and a delicate fragrance to food. Saffron is used in both sweet and savory dishes like curry, pulao, biryani, ice creams, and kheer. It is usually soaked in hot milk or water before it is added to the dish.

Guest guest

My son can't have milk. I'm looking for some ice cream made out of soymilk or a alternative. He's only 3 years old he misses the ice cream days after the park.If someone can help i'm sure he would appreciate it so very much.

Guest guest

People keep pet cats and dogs - these animals do not ever provide food - but people give them shelter as pets - cannot the same be done with a dry cow? We cannot see the cow as only as a milk dispensor...

BDM