IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
atma

Lagaan

Rate this topic

One of my girls saw the movie and she said is really good. Should I waste 3 + hours of my time on it? I think theist saw it. What do you think? Any other opinion?

I saw Memento again. I really like it.

atma,

I did see Lagaan and it was really good.I was also in the mood for some escape and a long matinee filled the bill.

The movie never felt long which is a good sign unlike the one I saw yesterday,The Fast Runner.He may have been a fast runner but it was a slow movie.Skip it but see Lagaan.

Takes real talent to make a fine film without sex, violence, special effects, etc.Also Radha Krishna Murties make an appearance and accept some worship.

Have fun.

Ok, I'll go for it. I'll sit with my plate of spaggetti in front of the tv and watch the video. Comments later.

I do like Aamir Khan from before, I think he is a nice guy.

Lagaan was good for this lazy Sunday afternoon. The last cricket part was a little bit to long but I never was a cricket fan. What a boring game! Theist, wicket are the 3 stumps that are behind the batman.

I'll recommend the movie because show you rural India and is very much the same way now. What a hard life to be a farmer in the 3rd world countries.

The songs were nice and sweet and the worship of Sri Sri Radha-Krsna was good.

Even for our material desires we have to depend in the Lord if we're not exalted enough to surrender completely.

Can I ask a stupid question? Not related to this movie in particular, but Indian movies in general. Are they all the same? I can't honestly say I've ever watched one all the way through, just parts here and there. But I just don't get them. There is just a complete cultural disconnect where they all seem exactly the same to me, atleast style-wise. They are like music videos, but look like they are all directed by the same person. I have the same issue with Japanimation (the art style looks the same to me, even if the story might be different).

I know what you mean.I have wondered if it isn't the same female singer in all these flicks.Lagaan is different though.atma is right about the criket scene though.Too long & too slow, meaning too realistic.

But "progess" for the entertainment industry there may not be a good thing.

They now have some guy doing Gunda Rap.Like a black gangster rapper down to the gold chains.

Sorry India.Please don't copy the West too much.We have a lot of garbage to export.Be discriminating.

I didn't get in the beginning what Gauracandra meant for 'japanimation'. I thought he meant chanting japa in a mechanical way or something like that Posted Image. I hate the japanese cartoons too, they all have the same faces and expressions.

For me too,it seems the same lady singing in the Indian movies, I didn't like in Lagaan when the British girl sang (with the Indian voice) but in general the songs and lyrics were ok. The high pitch is a little bit too much for my ears.