Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Bra Saves Woman's Life in Lawnmower Mishap

Rate this topic

Guest guest

<h3>Bra Saves Woman's Life in Lawnmower Mishap</h3>

David A. Sommers / The Saginaw News</SMALL></SMALL></DIV>

Posted Image

<BR CLEAR=ALL>Dana M. Colwell, 31, shown at her doctors office in Saginaw, holds the bra she was wearing shen she was hit in the chest by a 1 1/2-inch nail that shot out from under her mower and punctured her right breast.

</FONT>

<FONT FACE="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" SIZE="2"><BYLINE>By Associated Press</BYLINE></font><BR CLEAR=left>/FOLIOS/1997folios/dot.gif<BR CLEAR=left>

<font face="Times New Roman,Times,serif" size="3">

FRANKENMUTH -- Dana Colwell had more than an uplifting experience with her bust-enhancing bra. She considers it a real lifesaver.

While cutting her grass Tuesday, the 31-year-old Frankenmuth woman was hit in the chest by a 1 1/2-inch nail that shot out from under her mower and punctured her right breast. Doctors say the injury would have been far worse had it not been for extra padding in Colwell's "liquid-curved" bra.

"If I wouldn't have put the bra on, I probably would be dead," she told The Saginaw News for a story Friday. "I love that bra.

"When I got up to put my clothes on, I almost didn't wear the bra. But a higher power told me to put it on."

Colwell has offered up her story and thanks to the bra's maker, Bayonne, N.J.-based Maidenform Bras.

"They couldn't believe it," she said. "I was just calling to thank them but instead they offered to send me some free bras."

The story surprised Maidenform.

"My first thought was that the bra was made to enhance a woman," said Manette Scheininger, the company's senior vice president of marketing. "But I was thankful that it deflected the nail."

The company will send Colwell a replacement bra and a second complimentary one, Scheininger said.

<BR CLEAR=all>/FOLIOS/1997folios/dot.gif<BR CLEAR=all>

</font>

</STORYTEXT>

</STORYAREA>

<BR CLEAR=ALL>

</BLOCKQUOTE>