IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
shvu

Submerged city found

Rate this topic

shvu,interesting.Harrapons? I thought that this was the general area, off Gujarat, where Dwaraka was but I have never been very clear on the geography.

Where was Dwaraka?And has any evidence been found?

shvu?anyone?

Krishna's Dwaraka is supposed to have been in/near Gujarat. I believe there exists a place named Dwaraka today.

A few years back, one Mr Rao discovered a submerged settlement and harbor in this area and did some research. The city was dated to 1500 BC [if I am right], although there was no evidence to say this was Dwaraka that submerged as told in stories. His research has now been suspended. No idea why.

This new place mentioned above is more towards South India. We will just have to wait till someone comes up with some concrete info.

Cheers

Guest guest

There are many such Ancient Cities in India that have been submerged at some time or other in the past 20,000 years.

Krishna's Dwarka is one such City that was swallowed up by the Samudra(Sea). It is said that it started to sink sone after the great King Krishna died.

It was located in the Northern part of Gujarat near the present day Jamnagar/Porbander coastline. I think there has to be some serious research done in the Seas around India to find such Cities so that future generations have living proof of Civilised India in the time of Krishna's Rule in the Western part of Ancient India.

By the end of Krishna's rule India had already turned un-Arya in thought and ways. The start of the Kali Yuga is also represented by the Swallowing up of Dwarka buy the Sea.

The City in South India is probably MahaBaliPuram that is mantioned in the Srimand Bhagavatam. It was ruled by a Rakshas King called Bali and Vaman an earlier Avatar of Vishnu before Krishna is said to have Stamped his foot on it after revealing his Vishwaroopa Form and standing on the City.