IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
atma

Guarana

Rate this topic

Any idea from where Guarana comes and its properties? Vaguely remember that the devotees in Brasil used to take early morning Brahma Guarana to have energy before going out in sankirtan.

Guest guest

Originally posted by atma:

Any idea from where Guarana comes and its properties? Vaguely remember that the devotees in Brasil used to take early morning Brahma Guarana to have energy before going out in sankirtan.

It is a powerful stimulant with caffeine. Check the official Guarana Site for details.

Them musta been speedy kirtans in Brasil. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Haribol atma,

guarana contains guaranine[sp?] which is the same as caffeine.

The part used is a seed or bean.It is in the same class as coffee or kola nut.Yerba mate is a much more suitable version of stimulants,as it is milder and more tonic and less stimulating.But there too you have caffeine.

The problem with these substances is that if you don't burn up all the energy physically you end up with a sense of inner tension.Just what we don't need for meditation.

I used it alot years ago until I started getting tension headaches from it.

If you are trying to overcome your getting to little sleep atma by using stimulants you can expect a crash sooner or later.

I have heard the example of stimulants used like this is like whipping a tired horse to get it up.Kinda works for a while but finnally the horse can take no more.

True tonics may have a stimulating effect but they also have a building effect on the system.

For enegry without the tension try calamous acorous.Also known as sweet flag.Vacha in ayurveda.I posted on it under herbal cognitive enhancers, this foum.

I am a vacha pusher[promoter].I want everyone to give this herb a try.

I hope you are still getting more genuine rest as well.

Hare Krishna

Maitreya

No, I'm not taking guarana. Somebody suggested though. I remembered that the Guarana taking in Brazil was something under the table. I don't think that Brazilians need guarana to have speedy kirtans, they have so much energy, ghosh, is the land of Samba and other things.

Sleeping is little better, I'm just not getting up even if I wake up early to let the body rest. The problem is the mind.

How come yerba mate has caffeine?

Thanks Maitreya for the suggestions. I was writing about the goondas in Vraja and when I almost finished, I press the wrong key and everything went off. I think Srimati Radharani doesn't want me to scare you with those stories Posted Image